Chapter 78: "Set"

⚠️TW:⚠️ none

------------------------------------------

Brenna. I had thought about her a lot, I'll be honest. I wanted to see her so bad, to see her gorgeous hazel eyes, to see her sleek, shiny jet black hair. I was just worried I'd make a complete fool of myself. Which I would probably do. Who am I kidding, I can't function around her.

"Nova? Are you feeling okay my sweet girl?" Mum's voice caught me by surprise and I jumped slightly, causing Luna to stiffen up a bit. "You're okay Lulu, calm down, it was just me, I'm sorry", I didn't really want her to spook and squish me in the process.

"Right, sorry, yeah I'm okay. Just got caught up in my thoughts. I'd love to come, it would be nice to see everyone again", I told her, referring to all the lovely people I had met on my last visit to set.

"Is it okay if I come pick you up? You can have a quick shower while I prepare some breakfast for us." Looking down at the horse in my lap, I didn't really want to leave her, but I had been there for a while and although I didn't really want to admit it, my legs were starting to cramp.

"Okay, can you just let me know when you're here? I'm sitting in the field with Luna in my lap and I want to sit here for as long as possible." Mum agreed, and soon enough, I got a message, stating she was in the parking lot.

With a surprisingly heavy heart, I moved my legs, indicating for Luna to get up. She looked at me for a few moments, as if to ask me if I had just moved a little or if I wanted to actually get up. "Come on darling, it's time to get up, I'm sorry."

And with that, she got up, not very graciously, and so did I. "Bye Lulu, I love you!" Before leaving her field, I gave her a kiss on the nose and the last of my treats. As promised, mum's car was in the parking lot, and I got in, smiling in greeting.

"Hi my sweet girl, did you have fun?"

"I did!" I realized mum's smile widened a bit at my excited tone of voice. "So she laid down beside you?" Mum asked. "She did! It was so magical, because of her past, she's never been able to show me that level of affection. I feel like I sat there for hours and I'd sit there for so much longer. I just felt so close to her, you know? And for some reason, I got this feeling that I had to treasure this moment."

"It is a moment to treasure for sure. Hold on to that feeling, I can see how happy it made you", mum grinned.

After a nice, hot shower and a beautiful breakfast cooked by mum, I felt ready to tackle the day, no matter if Brenna was there or not. Not that the feeling ended up lasting for long. Quite the opposite.

The process of getting on set was a lot easier this time around, as I didn't have to sign a bunch of NDA's and whatnot.

Instead, I just said my name, showed some ID and I was let in. Simple as that. Mum's hair and makeup team were also really sweet, just like they had been last time. Once again, we all jumped as Kathryn quite literally banged the door during her flashy entrance.

Turns out, that's a normal thing. At least for her. "Gooood morningggggg!!" Kathryn opened the door and dropped her bag on a chair before rushing to hug mum. "How are you today darling? You look dashing!" She referred to the eye patches mum was currently wearing.

"Oh shut up!" Kathryn earned a slap on the arm for that. Rightfully. Although mum did look pretty ridiculous. She then noticed me, and almost squealed, before a smirk appeared. "Nova! Are you here for your tour with Brenna?" I immediately gave her a glare which mum luckily didn't see.

I then got a hug and some words of encouragement and I was told to "go get my girl." Fuck you Kathryn. After another glare she left me alone, and mum was none the wiser. Although, Kathryn was an awful lot on her phone, she was texting someone with a smirk plastered on her face, not even paying attention to all the tea mum's hairdresser was spilling.

"Are you ready to go?" Mum was suddenly not Lizzie anymore, and I found Wanda fucking Maximoff standing in front of me. Gosh, I don't think I'll ever get used to that. The red hair looks good on her though. "Huh? Yeah, let's go!" I smiled, shooting a last concerned glance towards Kathryn, but she was still busy on her phone. You know what? I don't even want to know...

"I've got quite a busy day today, but hopefully no extremely emotional scenes", mum informed me. "Okay, I'll just bounce around, have a little look around. I'll keep my phone on, so call me anytime yeah?"

"Stay safe honey, please. Let me know if you need anything." I know mum gets worried about me, and I completely understand why. It's not that I'm irresponsible, it's just who she is. It's her way of showing she cares.

To slightly ease her worries, I started off just sitting in her chair as I had done last time. After a few scenes, I grew a bit restless, but I waited for the scene to be finished so I could tell mum I was taking a little walk to explore.

"I'll take a little walk around, my phone is on so call me anytime", I informed her as she came up to me. "Okay bubba, have fun and stay safe!" After a hug which was abnormally long, and her whispering "I love you" to me multiple times, I was finally let out.

The set was huge, and I honestly had no clue how people maneuver it daily without getting lost. After 5 minutes, I had no clue where I was, but I just figured that I'd call mum and ask for directions when I wanted to try and get back.

Crew members were left and right, all in the same black crew t-shirts. Every time I saw someone with black hair, I'd snap my head back at them, only to realize they weren't the person I was searching for. Was I searching for her? No, I don't think so... Was I?

---------------------------------------------

Guess what?? (You've probably already guessed lol) Brenna is coming back y'all!!!

I hope you have had an okay week, just a bit longer before Christmas is over us!!

Love, Frida xx