Chapter 64:"Fuck it"

Thanku to my friend Emily for the pic ^^

⚠️TW:⚠️ the emotional shit is continuing...

—————————————

I found the thermostat and cranked the heat up, not wanting her to get hypothermia.

Luckily, she didn't seem to be quite there yet, just shivering a bit. "Nova honey", I crouched in front of her. Her eyes found me, but she still seemed out of it. "Hi my sweet girl", I smiled softly, reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

Regardless of me being as gentle as I could, she still flinched, something she hadn't done in a while. Tears brimmed her eyes at her involuntary response. "It's okay bubba, can you put these on? You're shivering", I held out the sweater and socks.

"C-Can you do it?"

"Do you want me to put them on you?" I asked just to clarify. She nodded. "Okay, I'm going to need you to take your hoodie off for me."

I helped her put both the sweater and socks on, before wrapping her back up in the blankets. "Okay, I'm going to go make some soup and tea, do you want me to put the TV on?" I asked her.

She just shrugged, not really in the mood to do anything. "I'll put it on a low volume okay?" She nodded. I put on a random movie and turned the volume down. "I will be in the kitchen if you need me okay?" I made sure she knew she wasn't alone.

All I got was a nod, so I gave her hand a squeeze, sensing she needed to be alone right now. I quickly made her some soup and a steaming mug of tea, looking over to the living room every now and again to make sure she was somewhat okay.

When I was done, I put the food on a tray and made my way over to Nova again. "Hi honey, I got you some food", I said softly, putting it down on the coffee table in front of her. Her eyes focused on the food and then on me.

"I'm not hungry..."

"You need to eat something bubba, you're cold and you haven't eaten today."

With a bit of persuading, she ate about half of her soup before picking up the cup of tea. "Thank you for eating, I'll be out of your hair now", I smiled softly, getting up. "Stay..." I heard a faint whisper.

"Do you want me to stay?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Okay, I'll stay, I just have to go clean up really quick. Drink up your tea and I'll be back before you know it okay?"

I tried to be as quick as possible while cleaning up so that I could get back to Nova. When I got back, she had finished her tea and was staring off into nothing again. When I got back, she immediately threw herself into my embrace, and I felt my shirt getting wet with tears that suddenly came as the emotions hit her like a freight train.

"Shhhhh honey, it's okay..."

I led us back to the couch and sat us down so that Nova was in my lap. The blankets were scattered around the couch so I grabbed one and threw it over us. "You're okay, just let it all out bubs."

She cried for a long time, all while I held her, whispering reassurances to her. Her sobs soon turned to hiccups and occasional sniffles, so I took it as my queue to lay us down, with her head on my chest.

Her eyes were drooping and I could tell she was tired. "It's okay, you can sleep, I'll be here when you wake up", I reassured her, stroking her hair. With that, she let herself fall into a slumber, her breath evening out.

I listened to her cute little breaths as she slept, while I continued to gently weave my hands through her hair. She slept for a few hours before slowly waking up again.

I spent some time on my phone, also shooting Ally's parents a message to tell Ally that Nova was fine.

When I felt her stir, I paused the movie I was watching to loosen both the blanket and the grip I had on her so that she didn't feel trapped when she woke up. She turned a few times, whining into my chest when she didn't find a comfortable position.

Her eyes eventually opened and when she realized she was laying on top of me, she tensed. "Hi my pretty girl, how was your nap?" I asked softly, reaching out to brush some hair out of her face. Her mouth opened and closed a few times as her eyes filled with tears.

"Hey, you're okay bubba, you're okay", I whispered, trying to comfort her.

Nova's pov:

I don't know why I was so emotional. I had just woken up and I wasn't fully aware of my surroundings. "Come here", mum- fuck, Lizzie opened her arms and I hesitantly crawled into her embrace.

"You don't need to apologize or explain anything you feel today okay? You're going to allow yourself to feel whatever you feel, and if you want me to be, I'll be here with you all day okay?" she told me.

"And this goes for any day. I'll always be here for you if you allow me to be. I love you much my sweet girl, know that."

Okay, fuck it, I'm doing this.

"I-I love you mum", I mumbled.

Her entire body froze. "What did you just say?" Her intense stare caught me off guard, and the doubts crept back in. "M-Mum", I whispered. Slowly, her face morphed into a huge grin. "I love you so much Nova", she smiled lovingly at me.

"Y-You don't mind it?" I asked. "No, not at all! Why should I? You can call me whatever you feel comfortable with okay? And that goes for Robbie too. We really don't care what you call us", she assured me.

"Okay mum, I'll keep that in mind", I answered, laying back down on her chest. "I like the sound of that", mum's chest vibrated with a small laugh. I was feeling clingy, I had never really had anyone who was there for me on this day.

Ally had always been there, but she wasn't an adult. She was my best friend but there were limits to what she could do. So now that I finally had an adult in my life who cared, I was going to enjoy the comfort I could get while it lasted.

Mum wrapped her arms around me, pulling me close to her. One of her hands found my hair and she started gently weaving her hand through my hair. The action was calming and my body deflated, finally feeling the pressure from today.

——————————————

Hiya! 👋
Sorry for the late update, I had work and kinda forgot about this 😅

Take care, love you all <3

Love, Frida xx