Chapter 80: "The bag"

Me workin' hard for them good grades ^

⚠️TW:⚠️ very small injury (literally just a cut)

------------------------------------

As someone who likes to work out and occasionally box, this was heaven. Everything you could think of, also in terms of boxing stuff. "Can I try the gloves on?" I asked, pointing towards the shelf lined with boxing gloves and hand wraps.

"Sure, go for it!" I wrapped my hands as best as I could without someone to help me, as I assumed Brenna wasn't trained in that field of expertise. When my hands were securely wrapped, I looked through the gloves and found a pair that fit me.

Taking a few jabs in the air while walking to the bag, I focused on my task. Jab, cross, cross, hook, duck, repeat. I got into the zone pretty quickly and after taking it slow for a bit to allow myself to warm up, I picked up the pace.

Everything around me faded until it was just me and the bag. I circled it a few times, throwing a few punches in between. As soon as I remembered that Brenna was there, I stopped, a little out of breath.

"Wow, I had no clue you could box!" I smiled shyly, deciding I was done and taking the gloves back off. "That was so good, wow, I could never!" My gaze dropped and a light pink tint coated my cheeks at her praise.

"I pretty much just do it for fun", I shrugged, putting the gloves back where I found them. When I unwrapped the hand wraps, I unfortunately saw that I had split one of my knuckles. "Fuck", I mumbled. "What is it? Are you okay?" Brenna was quick to rush to my side and my breath hitched at the closeness.

She was too preoccupied with the small amount of blood on the knuckles of my right hand to take notice to how flustered I was. "I-It's nothing, just a scratch", I tried calming her down, but she was freaking out mum style.

"We gotta get a first aid kit, hold on, I think they have one over here!" She took my non-injured hand and dragged me to a bench. "Sit here", she ordered and I obeyed. What else am I supposed to do when a hot girl tells me to sit down?

That's what I thought.

She found a first aid kit and wasted no time in kneeling in front of me so that she could have better access to both my hand and the first aid kit. She opened it and found something to clean the wound with. "Sorry, this is going to sting a bit", she warned before gently cleaning the may I add very small rip on one of my knuckles.

Next, she found a band-aid and put it on as securely as possible, cutting it in a few places to make it stick better to my hand. "Learnt that on TikTok" she smirked as she looked down at the finished product.

"Thanks", I smiled, not that it was a huge injury, but it did feel good to not have to clean it by myself. "It's no problem. Are you up for the rest of the tour?" Brenna asked me and I nodded.

She showed me around the empty sets until we eventually ended up where they were filming. "Thank you so much for the tour, I had a great time", I smiled shyly. "Of course! I had fun too." She pulled me into a hug and before I knew what had happened, she had kissed my cheek and pulled away.

The smirk that I felt was always on her face when she flustered me was back as soon as my cheeks turned red. "I need to get back to work, have a great day!" She waved goodbye and I think I did too, but I was honestly just frozen in place.

I had to blink a couple of times before I even registered what had just happened. Two times? Seriously? That can't be a coincidence.

"Nova honey?" Mum's voice pulled me out of my thoughts. "Huh? Yeah, what's up?" I spun around, attempting to make my cheeks go back to their original colour just by willpower. "How was your walk around set? Did you manage to see most of it?" She asked as she came up to me, water bottle in hand, clearly just done with a take.

"Well hello there miss Maximoff, would you happen to know where my mum is? I swear I heard her voice just now, calling for me", I joked, wanting to distract her for as long as it took for my cheeks to return to their usual colour.

"I'm afraid I cannot help you there young lady, have you checked her trailer?" She suddenly switched to her Sokovian accent and I swear, Wanda freaking Maximoff was standing before me. "But to answer your question, yes I did, I met Brenna by accident and she showed me around", I told her.

"Brenna? Wasn't that the girl who was supposed to give you that tour? Nice, she seemed lovely. I'm assuming you covered most of it then."

"We did yeah. I need to tell you a little something first though, can you promise me to breathe and stay calm?" I asked her, a bit nervous as I knew she'd end up freaking out. "What? Are you okay?" Her eyes frantically scanned me as she looked for injuries.

"I'm okay mum, breathe, remember?" I told her in a calm voice. "We found the training warehouse and I had a round at the bag. I didn't wrap my hands well enough and I accidentally split one of my knuckles open", I told her, still keeping the steady tone so that she'd remain as calm as possible.

"It's not a big deal, I promise you. You can have a look at it when you have time if that makes you calmer. I am totally fine, okay mum? Brenna patched me up."

"C-Can I have a look?" I could see her trying so hard to stay calm. "If you have time then yes." She nodded. "Yeah, we are on lunch break right now."

--------------------------------

Heyyoooooooo

How are we today mah dudes?

Idk why I'm acting drunk, I swear, I haven't been drinking  xD

Yk, I'm probably just tired

Either way, I love you all so so much, take care <3

Love, Frida xx