Chapter 26: "Drive"

THIS PIC>>>>>
It's so cute...
Omg...

Anyway, I'll stop fangirling over a picture

⚠️TW:⚠️ talk of insomnia
(Can I just point out, last chapter, one of you corrected me on a TW I forgot to add. Thank you so much for doing that, seriously, I'm incredibly grateful. If you notice I'm missing a TW don't hesitate to let me know <3)

——————————
Nova's pov:

God, this night was terrible. I had barely gotten three hours of sleep, and my eyes were heavy this morning. I had woken up every few hours last night due to nightmares.

Waking up with your heart racing, sweating, screaming and crying isn't fun, and most of all it's exhausting.

My first thought when I woke up in a panic was Lizzie. I needed her. I needed her comforting words. I needed her warm embrace.

But I didn't want to wake her. It was truly a miracle she didn't wake up when I screamed.

She didn't need to know about my insomnia.

I was used to not getting enough sleep. My insomnia usually kept me up, but tonight had been on a whole new level.

The nightmares wouldn't stop, and whether they were about my father or about Lizzie leaving me, they were equally terrifying.

I was scared of Lizzie leaving me, hating me, thinking I was a burden. She had been so nice to me, and what had she gotten in return?

Absolutely nothing.

I had broken down and had a panic attack in her arms, and she had said she wanted to adopt me.

Why?

Why does she care?

I'm nothing but an annoying teenager. I'm not enough. I'm a burden. What does she even see in me?

Most of my morning had been spent with me basically in a coma. I was deep inside my head, thoughts gnawing at me.

I had managed to get dressed and make myself some toast for breakfast before I sat down at the kitchen island with my phone to eat.

Lizzie came downstairs and greeted me. Wow. She was actually planning on driving me. I know she had said yesterday that she was planning on driving me, I just didn't think she'd follow though with it.

She left to go get dressed and make herself "look presentable", which I honestly didn't think she needed.

Anyway, we were soon walking down to her car, me in my riding clothes from yesterday and her in a hoodie and some sweats. I sat down on the passenger side and she took her place behind the wheel.

"You ready to go?" She asked me. "Yeah, thanks for driving me", I smiled. "Of course, anything for my future daughter", Lizzie grinned at me. I froze. Wow, I did not expect that. A small smile crept up on my face.

I was finally maybe going to get a family. A real one.

Lizzie saw me stiffening at her words, and her brows furrowed. "Crap, sorry, was that too early?" She asked with a nervous giggle, concerned. "No, I just wasn't expecting that. I guess I haven't really had time to process it and I can't help but think that you're going to leave me at some point", I mumbled the last part, but of course she heard it.

"Aww honey, I can assure you that neither Robbie nor I will ever leave you okay? Once those papers are signed, you're stuck with us, whether you like it or not", Lizzie joked to relieve some of the tension.

I had to laugh at that. "Oh poor me, stuck with you guys", I joked back. Lizzie's face lit up at me joking with her, I don't think she expected me to be so comfortable around her so fast. I had surprised myself too.

Lizzie started the car and begun the drive to the barn. I had no clue in what neighborhood we were in, as I hadn't really paid much attention to where we were going yesterday. But I have to say, the neighborhood was fancy as fuck.

Mansions with huge gardens littered both sides of the road. Well, I can't really say littered. They were spread around nicely, the huge gardens providing some space and privacy. In every driveway there was an Audi or a Mercedes or another fancy car.

This was definitely a place celebrities lived. I looked out the window, observing the houses as we passed them. I also wanted to get an idea of where we were, I wanted to know where about in London I was.

Spoilers, I didn't figure that out. We eventually approached London from the north side, that's all I managed to figure out. Anyway, since the barn was located on the south side of London, we had to drive through the city.

It was pretty empty, not a lot of people around, just some people walking their dogs or heading to work. So in other words, it was a peaceful morning, like it usually was when I headed to the barn in the morning.

We eventually made it though. Lizzie drove up the gravel road to the barn and she parked the car in the parking lot, close to the barn entrance. The whole drive had been filled with comfortable silence, none of us feeling like talking this early in the morning.

Some soft music had been playing, but that was turned off when Lizzie shut off the car. "Is it all right if I come in and just sorta watch what you do in the morning?" Lizzie asked me. "I don't have any scenes to film until a bit later today and I'd love to see what a typical morning looks like for you", she explained.

"Sure, you can come but I can't promise it'll be fun", I warned. "I'm never talkative in the morning, I'll usually just do everything in silence", I said. "I don't mind that, it's understandable and I enjoy your company", Lizzie smiled.

"Okay, when do you have to be at work?" I asked. "I think at 12, I just have a quick scene to do", Lizzie said. "Okie, cool."

"So, every morning I have to take care of some other horses, not just Luna, today I think I have 6 horses plus Luna to take care of, so I'll just try to be fast and not say much, is that fine with you?" I asked.

"Yes of course, I'll just trail behind quietly", Lizzie smiled.

————————————

Helloooooo!!!
How are y'all?

I don't really have time for a long message down here but please take care of yourself today, I know a lot of people on Wattpad don't, so be one of the people who do, you'll thank me later <3

Love, Frida xx