Chapter 25: "5 am"

Once again a lovely pic of Lizzie. I think this is becoming my thing...

⚠️TW:⚠️ brief mention of panic attacks

----------------------------------------

-The next morning-

Lizzie's pov:

My alarm woke me up from my very nice sleep. I quickly turned it off before sitting up in bed and stretching. It was pitch black outside. Why is my alarm on this early? I looked at the time, it was 5:15 am. What the hell?

Then everything came back to me, everything that had happened last night. Nova came over to our house and I asked if she wanted to be adopted my me and Robbie. And she said yes! I had agreed to taking her to the barn today, which is the reason I was up so early.

I'm really not a morning person and I'm usually like a zombie for the first hour of the day, so if something happened the night before, I'll usually struggle to remember it.

We had to leave at 6 am so I now had 45 minutes to get ready. I went to my closet to find a casual outfit for the morning, just a hoodie and some sweats. I was actually in my own room this morning, I usually end up sleeping with Robbie in his bed.

Okay, that's a lie, I don't sleep in his bed that often, it's usually just after I've had a panic attack or a mental breakdown of some sort and need some extra comfort throughout the night. My love language is touch, so sleeping next to Robbie helps comfort me.

After finding my outfit for the morning, I went to the bathroom to wash my face and try to wake up a bit more. I splashed my face with some cold water, feeling a bit more refreshed afterwards. I got changed into the clean clothes and I quickly brushed my hair, not really caring about my appearance too much this morning.

It was not even 5:30 am and I was just going to the barn and then to set afterwards. I was going to get changed into costume on set anyway. Showering wasn't even something I bothered to do this morning, I didn't want to wake anyone with the sound of the shower running, and I also just didn't have the energy or the time to shower.

After taking a look in the mirror and concluding that I. Look. Like. Shit, I began my journey downstairs. I checked Nova's room before heading down the stairs, and her door was slightly agar.

Her room was empty and her barn clothes from yesterday were gone, so I assumed she was downstairs. And it seems I was right. As I got downstairs, I found Nova. In the kitchen, sitting at the kitchen island, eating toast.

"Good morning", I greeted. Her head shot up from her phone and the corners of her lips moved up into a little smile. "Good morning, you look like you need some coffee", Nova joked. "Thanks, love you too", I grumbled sarcastically, making her laugh a bit.

"But seriously, I'm ridiculously tired, I don't know how you do this." I said while making my way over to the coffee machine. "You get used to it. Besides, I know I have Luna waiting for me at the barn, she serves as a little extra motivation."

"Well, that does make sense. I'm happy you decided to raid the kitchen, that toast does look good", I pointed out. I was happy she felt comfortable enough to use the kitchen before asking, even though I had said to her last night that she could use it whenever.

"You said I could use it and I was hungry soo...", she shrugged. "I'm happy you made yourself some food", I smiled.

We made some more small talk, and I told her what I was getting up to on set today. You might be wondering, why am I going to set on a Sunday? I took a day off on Wednesday for the house inspection, so I had a little scene I had to film today.

It wasn't anything major, I just had some little pieces to film. Filming hopefully wouldn't take more than an hour or two today.

After drinking my coffee and trying to make myself look somewhat presentable, we headed out to the car. Despite it being 6 am, Nova was looking fresh as ever, except for the bags under her eyes. Maybe she wasn't getting enough sleep, I'd have to talk to her about that.

She was wearing the same clothes as she was wearing for her lesson at the barn yesterday. A pair of grey breeches, a white polo top, some riding socks and and a pair of sneakers.

Her hair was pulled back into a low ponytail for practicality, with her curtain bangs framing her face. She didn't look tired at all, and when she didn't wear makeup (which was pretty much always), it made it more clear that she was naturally beautiful.

The freckles strewn across her nose and cheeks, her naturally long lashes, and her eyes; those eyes were so pretty. They were a gorgeous crystal blue, and they twinkled every time she talked about something she was passionate about.

God, I sound like I'm in love.

I am though, just not in a romantic way. I think I finally understand how parents see their kids. Like they're the most beautiful thing in the universe. That's how I felt when I looked at Nova.

--------------------------------------------------

Hello! How are y'all doing? 

So, the next couple of chapters will be from Nova's morning routine at the barn, so it will be pretty uneventful. You'll learn a lot of equestrian things though so make sure you read them when they come out. Just a little warning :)

Make sure you take care of yourself. Eat and drink enough, and take some time for yourself <3

Love, Frida xx