Chapter 81:"Icebreaker attempts"

Festive Liz ^

⚠️TW:⚠️ none

----------------------------------

"Oh, right, I'm Julian, this is Jett", he introduced them both. They both shook my hand, which I was pleasantly surprised by. "Nice to meet you, I'm Nova, but you might already know that." Once again, he nodded. "Yeah, she cares a lot about you."

For the first time, Jett spoke up. "I don't think we've gone a single day after she adopted you without hearing about the beautiful, kind, funny and caring daughter that she has." I had to laugh a little at that.

"So I've heard", I giggled. "Hey Lizzie! Your daughter is here!" Jett shouted across set, catching mum's attention, along with Kathryn's and Paul's as well. It took a second for it to register, but as soon as her brain put the pieces together, she waved me over.

"Nova honey! Hi! Come here!" Smiling, I made my way over, accompanied by Julian and Jett. "Hi my sweet girl, how was studying?" She asked as I made it over where she was standing. "It was okay, no breakdowns so that's positive", I joked as she pulled me into an embrace.

"Are you okay?" She whispered into the embrace. "Yeah, I'm okay, what about you? How was filming?" I asked when we let go. "Pretty good, these guys make it less tiring", mum gestured to Kathryn, Paul and the boys.

"Speaking of, you might not have met everyone. Did Julian and Jett introduce themselves to you?" She asked. "They did, very politely might I add", I smiled down at them. "Good job boys", mum lightly praised them.

"Nova honey, this is Paul, Paul, this is my daughter Nova", mum introduced us. "It's nice to meet you sir", I gave him a firm handshake as I had been accustomed to. He was quite tall and obviously a man, so I felt a little uncomfortable around him.

"Paul is just fine thank you, and it's nice to meet you too Nova. Lizzie has talked a lot about you." He shot me a charming smile which didn't look forced or anything at all. He seemed genuine, so for the time being, I think I'd be able to at least somewhat trust him.

"It's all lies", I joked. Mum's head snapped to me. "It's not!"

"All the things you've said about me? Yeah, those are all lies. I'm a terrible person, you should really watch yourself", I kept my joke up, and by the looks of it, mum was the only one not getting the hint.

"Don't say that about yourself baby, you're such a kind, sweet human being!" Paul was trying not to laugh at mum, who was clueless. "It's a joke mum, I'm joking, don't worry." "What?" She looked around.

Kathryn had her hand in front of her mouth as not to laugh, while Paul and the boys had amused expressions on their faces. "It was my attempt at an ice breaker, but by the looks of it, it wasn't very good."

"Don't worry, it was good. Your mother is just a bit slow sometimes", Paul teased mum. "I am not!" He raised an eyebrow at her, clearly amused. "How about we leave the adults to it. Let's go grap some more snacks yeah?" I suggested to the boys, wanting to get out of the slightly awkward situation. But Kathryn had other plans. My mistake was looking at her, and I found her already looking my way, a smirk plastered on her face.

"How was the tour?" She mouthed, the smirk not fading even a bit. I just glared at her as my cheeks flushed at the memory of Brenna showing me around.

The boys caught on and we went to get some more snacks. We talked for a bit, and to be little kids, they were surprisingly interesting to talk to. They were both very mature and it didn't feel like I was babysitting two kids.

Eventually, the crew had managed to set up for the next scene, so they left to work and I took a seat behind the scenes where I could still see what they were doing. I zoned out, watching mum do what she was good at, and I quite enjoyed when the wires didn't quite work right and she was flung in the wrong direction.

Although I did worry for her, that something would go wrong, but then again, I had to remind myself that she was surrounded by a team of professionals. She wasn't riding an unpredictable horse like I was, she was on wires completely controlled by someone who knew what they were doing.

After a long day on set, we said goodbye to everyone, and after another quiet remark from Kathryn, we drove home. I had no clue how mum still hadn't noticed what Kathryn was constantly teasing me about, but hey, I'm not complaining.

-----------------------------------

It's a bit of a quick update today since it's Christmas and I'm busy xD

Well, I celebrate Christmas today since I live in one of those countries where we celebrate it on the 24th.

Either way, merry Christmas xxx

Love, Frida <3