Chapter 81:"No breakdowns"

⚠️TW:⚠️ tiny injury

---------------------------------

"I'm okay mum, breathe, remember?" I told her in a calm voice. "We found the training warehouse and I had a round at the bag. I didn't wrap my hands well enough and I accidentally split one of my knuckles open", I told her, still keeping the steady tone so that she'd remain as calm as possible.

"It's not a big deal, I promise you. You can have a look at it when you have time if that makes you calmer. I am totally fine, okay mum? Brenna patched me up."

"C-Can I have a look?" I could see her trying so hard to stay calm. "If you have time then yes." She nodded. "Yeah, we are on lunch break right now."

"Okay, let's go sit down yeah?" I led her over to a couple of chairs. I took off the band-aid Brenna had put on, and mum immediately grabbed my hand, inspecting it closely. "Does it hurt?" I shook my head. "Not really no, just stings every once in a while", I answered honestly.

I didn't want to lie to her. She'd see through my lies. "Okay, keep it clean okay? And be careful next time. Get someone to wrap your hands for you, it's almost impossible to do it properly by yourself."

I nodded, showing I understood. I managed to put the band-aid back on, but I'd definitely have to change it when I got back home. "I love you so much my sweet girl", mum hugged me with no warning.

"I love you too mum", I was able to mumble into her tight embrace. She didn't let me go for a few moments, so I spent some time just breathing in her comforting scent, which was slightly overpowered by the scent of her costume and wig.

"I can't believe I'm hugging Wanda Maximoff", I joked to bring our spirits back up. And it worked. Mum let out a light chuckle, but her grip on me never loosened. "You better savour this moment", she answered in her Sokovian accent.

"I love your accent", I smiled as we slowly pulled away. "Well maybe I should talk like this more often", she continued.

After some more joking around, we went and ate some lunch. Since we were a bit late, we missed Paul Bettany, Kathryn, Julian and Jett. That's a shame. I'd love to have met the people my mum works with.

Anyway, after lunch, I realized I had some schoolwork I had to do, so I told mum I'd be in her trailer for the foreseeable future. I also told her to call me for anything, I'd keep my phone on. "I'll be here for another couple of hours at least, tell me if you go anywhere else okay? I love you so much", mum told me as we parted ways.

"I love you too mum and I promise to let you know as soon as I venture out of your trailer." Thanks to Brenna's tour, I was able to navigate a bit better through the maze that was the set. Without too many difficulties, I was able to find the trailers, and I let myself into mum's one.

My laptop was still on the small kitchen table in a bag where I had left it when we arrived this morning. I got a bottle of water from the fridge and wasted no time in getting started with schoolwork. I luckily didn't have any math today, so everything went by in a breeze.

No breakdowns which is good.

Before I knew it, everything was done for the day, and I wasn't quite sure what to do. Should I try and find out where they were filming? I didn't really want to leave the grounds as the set was pretty far from anything really, so there wasn't really much point.

I mean, I could go for a walk in the fields, but I didn't bring a lot of clothes, so I'd get cold pretty fast. Mum would also probably not be on board with the idea of me leaving by myself, so as I saw it, I had two options.

I could stay here and just chill, or I could go to where they were filming and watch. The second option would mean a lot more socializing, and I would probably have to introduce myself to more people, but I did love to watch mum work.

Okay, it's decided. I'm going to set. Sighing, I got up and stretched my stiff muscles before grabbing my phone and leaving the trailer. Taking the way through a back entrance Brenna showed me, I quickly found myself at the beginning of all the sets.

It took some searching, but I eventually found where the party was at. They were in the middle of a take, so I just quietly took a place in the back, out of the way. Mum was on some sort of wires along with Kathryn, while Paul Bettany and the two boys were on the ground.

After a couple of takes and maybe 30 minutes, the director called for a break as they had to reposition some stuff. Mum and Kathryn were lowered down in between some fits of giggles at something seemingly random.

Paul was quick to help the guys in charge of the wires in letting the two women loose. The two boys who I think were called Julian and Jett also joined the group, and they talked for a bit. The two boys got bored of the conversation, so they went to get some snacks, which conveniently lead them to me.

I was standing pretty close to the snack cart, and in my green jumper, I stood out from the rest of the crew with their black crew t-shirts. So, they obviously saw me. "Hey, aren't you Lizzie's daughter?" One of them asked, catching me a little off guard.

"Y-Yeah, that's me." Grabbing some juice and taking a sip, he nodded. "She showed us some pictures of you. Never stops gushing about you, that woman", he added with a little smile, nodding towards where mum was stood, still unaware at my presence.

"Oh, right, I'm Julian, this is Jett", he introduced them both. They both shook my hand, which I was pleasantly surprised by. "Nice to meet you, I'm Nova, but you might already know that." Once again, he nodded. "Yeah, she cares a lot about you."

For the first time, Jett spoke up. "I don't think we've gone a single day after she adopted you without hearing about the beautiful, kind, funny and caring daughter that she has." I had to laugh a little at that.

"So I've heard", I giggled. "Hey Lizzie! Your daughter is here!" Jett shouted across set, catching mum's attention, along with Kathryn's and Paul's as well. It took a second for it to register, but as soon as her brain put the pieces together, she waved me over.

------------------------------------------

I don't have a lot of time cus my very impatient friend is currently on ft with me, so Lily, this one is for you

(I also had some technical difficulties too which was annoying, hence the late update)

Just know that you're loved <3

Love, Frida xx