Chapter 29: "Oh a boy??"

⚠️TW:⚠️ none :)

————————————————

Nova's pov:

"You too, so what happened last night?" Ally asked, wiggling her eyebrows. I blushed and Lizzie looked at me with a huge smile on her face, stifling a laugh when she saw my flustered state.

"So I assume Ally was the friend you called yesterday?" Lizzie asked me. "Yeah, one of them", I mumbled the last part but of course, Lizzie picked up on it, how could she not? "Oh, one of them?" And who is this other person?" She asked.

"His name is Griffin", Ally revealed, making a smirk form across Lizzie's features. "Oh, a boy?"

I could hear Ally snort and I could imagine her face, trying so hard not to burst out laughing, I didn't even have to look at her. "No, it's not like that-", I tried to explain. "Are you sure?" Lizzie smirked.

"Yeah, he's really not my type", I said and had to resist the urge to add: "boys in general aren't my type". I didn't want to come out to her right now. What if she was homophobic? Yeah sure, she had said a few fruity things over the years but she was married to a man.

"Okay, I'll let it slide but you'll tell me this someday", Lizzie said playfully, I just shook my head in disbelief and shot Ally a glare.

"A-Anyway, are you p-planning on riding Luna? It's your hacking day right?" Ally asked me, still struggling not to laugh. Great, thanks Ally. "Yeah it is, I'm just still not sure when I want to do it though."

"You're planning on riding today?" Lizzie asked me. "Yeah, but I just have to go on a hack", I said. "When?" Lizzie asked. "I'm not sure yet, either now pretty soon or in the evening some time", I said.

"Now? And how long does a hack usually take?" Lizzie asked me. "The hack in itself doesn't take that long, maybe an hour to an hour and a half, depending on what route you take", I explained.

"So we'd be back before 11:30?" Lizzie asked. Wait, we? "We?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm coming right?"

Does she actually want to come? "Of course you can come if you want, it's just not very fun to just walk beside someone, so if you want to you can leave, I'm not forcing you to stay", I told her.

I was used to adults not being interested in horses, none of them would ever watch any of my lessons or competitions, none of them would ever stay an entire morning and just watch me work, and none of them would ever go on a hack with me.

"No, I'd love to come!" Lizzie exclaimed. "Really?" I was stunned. "Yeah, as long as we're back in time for me to get to work", Lizzie smiled. "You really don't have to", I reassured her. "I know I don't, but I want to."

"Stop being an idiot Novs and accept that she's coming with you. Not everyone can say that they've been on a hack with Elizabeth Olsen", Ally shot in, startling me. I forgot she was there for a sec.

I let out a nervous laugh. Why am I getting nervous?!?!? Fuck, okay Nova, compose yourself for god's sake!

"Okay, I'll see you around then Al, have fun trying to wake up", I teased her. She just flipped me off, shooting me a playful glare. "I'll go and grab Luna, you can come or stay here, do whatever you want", I told Lizzie.

"I'll come", she smiled. We said goodbye to Ally and went to go catch Luna. I managed to catch, brush and tack up Luna without any major hiccups, I just casually talked with Lizzie for most of the time.

It wasn't a deep conversation, you know, just the kind of talk you would make with your friend's parents when you meet them for the first time, or how you would talk to your aunts that you kind of don't really know.

The classic polite (clearly fake) smile and the laugh that isn't even close to how you usually laugh.

After tacking Luna up, I got myself ready before asking Lizzie where she wanted to go. "So umm, where do you want to go?"

"What do you mean?" She answered, visibly confused. "Where do you want to go on the hack, if you're still up for that of course", I rushed out. What if she has changed her mind? What if she doesn't want to come?

Lizzie's pov:

"So umm, where do you want to go?" Nova asked me.

"What do you mean?" I  answered, confused. "Where do you want to go on the hack, if  you're still up for that of course", she continued. Does she think I don't want to go with her? That I'm just doing this to be kind?

"Of course I'm still coming silly! I exclaimed. Nova's eyes lit up, the small things seemed like a big deal to her. Had no one ever done anything like this for her? Just coming with her on a hack, showing interest in her passion? I was disgusted by the people she had been brought up by.

"As for where we should go, I have no idea, you're the one who knows the area best." I pointed out. "Okay that's true, we have a couple of routes just in the forest, the shortest one is 15 minutes, and the longest one we have time for is about an hour long, there are some even longer routes though."

"We have some bridle paths (horse-riding trails) in the fields, the length also varies there, you can choose how long you want to make it. Then you can also take a path to the beach, it's quite far away though, maybe a bit too long for today. Lastly, you can always just ride along the road, so what do you say?"

"Forest, fields or road?" She asked me. Crap, do I have to choose now? "What do you want to do?" I tried. She let out a giggle. "I'm asking you here, I don't mind, I promise. It's up to you. Do you want to walk on dirt, on grass or asphalt?" She asked me.

"The fields?" I suggested.

———————————————————
Heyy! How are you?

Sorry for not being active one here, you guys are lucky for getting an update today.
I'm still on vacation and I'm using my precious mobile data to get this out. I'm not sure if I'll have any on Saturday, so don't be mad or worried if I don't post

Remember to stay safe, always <3

Love, Frida xx