Chapter 69: "Brenna"

⚠️TW:⚠️ just the remains of a panic attack

--------------------------------------------------

I continued coaxing Lizzie through breathing as I simultaneously kept up the soft touches to her palms.

She eventually managed to calm down, and I eased her into an embrace which she melted into. "Thank you", she whispered. "It's no problem mum. You always help me, it's only fair I get to repay the favor."

We stayed like that for a while until I felt her body relax and her breath somewhat even out. "Maybe we should get up", mum suggested softly. "If you feel up for it, then sure." I made sure than she knew that we were doing it on her terms.

I helped her up and we made our way outside where everyone else was waiting. Mum assured them she was fine, and the director apologized for pushing her too hard, telling her to take her lunch break early.

So yeah, we ended up in the cafeteria where we ate some lunch. Kathryn soon joined us and checked in with mum again. She then began teasing mum about her soft spot for me, and I couldn't help but smile at their relationship.

I tried to engage in conversation with Kathryn and mum, but I was distracted by someone walking into the canteen. Her long, straight, jet black hair, was tied up in a ponytail. The way she held herself, the confidence which radiated from her body.

She was wearing black jeans and a black "crew" t-shirt, confirming that she was a crew member on set. It was like she knew someone was looking at her, because her gaze searched the room, before landing on me.

I broke the eye contact, my cheeks turning a very embarrassing shade of pink. My hand was quick to grab my glass of water to give me some time to pull myself together. Luckily, no one noticed anything, I just blamed it on being a bit warm.

I subtly (okay maybe not so subtly) kept an eye on her as she got her food with the group of people she was with, who were all also dressed in the same crew t-shirts. "Earth to Nova?" Someone was waving a hand in front of my face.

"Huh?" "We lost you there for a bit hunny, everything okay?" Lizzie asked me. "Oh, yeah, sorry, just got lost in thought", I played it off. My gaze landed on Kathryn who hadn't said anything yet, but the smirk on her face told me enough.

I subtly shook my head, my eyes pleading with her as soon as mum looked down to take another bite of food. But instead, her smirk grew and she instead shouted for the girl. "Brenna!" The girl, who I guess was called Brenna, looked our way, tilting her head slightly at Kathryn as if to ask her what she wanted.

Kathryn just waved her over, despite me trying so hard to let her know not to. But no. She said something to her friends, pointing in our direction before making her way over to us. Mum had also spotted her, and shot Brenna a smile as she came over to our table.

"Mrs. Hahn? How can I help you?" She asked. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at her raspy voice, and it took all of my self-control to not blush. "How many times do I have to tell you Brenna? Please, call me Kathryn, Mrs. Hahn is too formal", Kathryn was quick to correct her.

"Anyway, I just wanted you to meet Liz's daughter! It's her first time here today, maybe you'd like to show her around sometime?" Kathryn suggested. "Sure! It'd be an honour!" Brenna smiled.

Her eyes locked with mine again, and my cheeks flushed once again. Her smile turned to a more teasing one after seeing my reaction. "Nice to meet you, I'm Brenna", she smiled, sticking her hand out.

I scrambled to stand up, almost tripping in the process. "I- I umm, I, hi!" I stuttered, giving her possibly the lousiest hand shake I have every given someone. "I-I'm Nova!" I added, noticing I hadn't given her my name.

"Well it's a pleasure meeting you, I hope I'll see you around", she smirked, saying a quick goodbye to both mum and Kathryn before departing. I was frozen in place, watching how her hips swayed, how her ponytail slightly bounced as she walked away.

Only when someone poked my arm, was I brought out of my trance. "Huh?" I looked at the culprit, and found Kathryn smirking at me, mum sitting there with a puzzled, slightly worried look on her face.

"Everything okay Nova? You've been zoning out a lot hun." "I'm okay mum, sorry", I mumbled, shooting Kathryn a death glare as she was still smirking. The rest of our lunch break went fine, even though Kathryn's smirk never really faded.

Mum had one more scene to film before we could go home, so back to set we went. I took a seat in the same chair with mum's name on it, watching as she worked. This scene was less emotional, so it was going smoothly.

I got lost in a trance, watching my incredible mum work her magic, literally. Only the magic would be added later in CGI. I felt a tap on my shoulder, and instinctively flinched, whipping my head around only to be met with a pair of soft hazel eyes I hadn't noticed before, being too occupied with admiring her hair.

Brenna was standing behind me, a smirk appearing on her face once again as she saw my gaze move to admire her. "Hi!" She smiled. "Umm h-hi", I stuttered, causing her to laugh lightly. "Mind if I take a seat?" She asked, gesturing to the chair next to me which I'm pretty sure had Kathryn's name on it.

"N-No not at all!"

"Great", she smiled, moving the chair slightly so that she was more in front of me rather than next to me. She sat down, leaning back, putting both hands on the armrests. She put one leg over the other, her ankle now positioned on her other knee.

Her socks were now in my view, probably the only thing about her outfit which wasn't strictly black. Rainbow socks.

"Like my socks?" She asked, noticing my gaze on them. I nodded, not trusting my voice as my gaze found her eyes again. "So, is it your first time here today?" She asked me in her raspy voice. All I could do again was nod.

"So what's your first impression?" "I- umm, it's-it's good, yeah", I stuttered, silently scolding myself for not being able to pull it together. "Just good?" She teased, a light chuckle escaping her.

My cheeks heated up, which made her chuckle once again. "N-No it's great, i-it's just a lot." She smiled softly, slightly easing my nerves at her presence. "Yeah I get you. It's pretty chaotic but in the best way. And the people are also awesome", she added.

-------------------------------------------

Aaaaaaaannddd I'll just end that there xD

So looks like someone has a crush...

Hehe 

What do we think about Brenna? Yes or no?

Stay safe and make sure you're all right. You come first <3

Love, Frida xx