Chapter 70: "Flowers"

⚠️TW:⚠️ Nothing major
——————————————
After a very much once-sided conversation, Brenna was called back to work and had to leave. "Okay, I'm very sorry, but I have to go. My boss is not gonna have it. But it was lovely to meet you Nova, I hope I see you here again so that I can give you that tour", she smiled, her teasing gone for a few seconds.

She stood up and pulled me into a hug, catching me a bit by surprise. The next thing I could comprehend was her lips on my cheek as she gave me a light peck and a little wink before strutting off, her ponytail slightly bouncing again as she walked.

I was frozen in place. What. The. Fuck. Just. Happened.

Mum's scene was finished, so I quickly had to pull it together and sit back down, acting like I had been on my phone the entire time. "Hi honey, I'm all done for today, are you ready to head home?" She asked when she appeared.

I still had to get used to her in costume and with her red wig on. It felt like I was talking to Wanda, and I should expect red wisps to appear in her hands. Of wiggly woos, as I like to call them.

"Huh? Yeah, sorry, I'm ready", I stood up, giving mum a small hug. "You okay?" I asked, knowing that earlier had taken a toll on her. "Yeah, thank you my sweet girl." She left a kiss on my cheek, right where Brenna also had kissed me just a moment ago.

I took a moment to relish in the feeling of Brenna's lips on my face before I was brought back to reality by mum waving a hand in front of my face. "Helloooo?? Earth to Nova?" She called. I shook my head slightly to clear my head and return to reality.

"Right sorry, I think I'm just a bit tired", I blamed it on yesterday. Mum's gaze turned to one of understanding. "How about you have a nap when we get home? I think you'd feel better after. Then Robbie will hopefully be home and we can have some dinner. How does that sound?" She suggested.

"Sounds good. I'll have to go to the barn today as well, I can do that after dinner." Mum led us back to hair and makeup, as I would probably get lost in this maze of sets, corridors and buildings. This place was huge.

After changing out of her costume and returning to my mum, we had a little chat with Hannah the makeup artist as she removed mum's makeup. "It was an honour meeting you Nova, you're absolutely as lovely as Liz has told us. I hope we get to see you again", Hanna smiled as we departed.

"Thank you, I really enjoyed myself today", I answered, a smile covering my face. Today had really worked as a distraction from yesterday. Normally, I'd just spend the day sulking, but mum helped me get out and actually talk to people.

The car ride home was pretty silent, as mum was probably still tired from today. I now have a lot more respect for the work she does. It takes a lot out on her. "Nova?" Mum broke the silence. "Yeah? What's up?" I looked up from my phone.

"I suggested yesterday that we could potentially go get some flowers for your mama's grave. Would you be up for that?"

"Wait like actually?" I thought she was just saying that yesterday to make me feel better about leaving the cemetery. "Yeah! I think it would be a good thing for you to do, but if you don't want to, that's completely fine."

"No, I want to, I just- flowers are expensive." Mum made eye contact with my briefly before having to look back on the road. "My sweet sweet girl, that's not a problem at all. I'll pay for them, no problem", she was quick to tell me.

"N-No, you don't have to do that mum, I can't ask that of you!" She took one of my hands in hers, giving it a firm squeeze as she wasn't able to look at me right now if we were to get home safe without crashing.

"I want to my sweet girl. It's the least I can do. So you better accept that I'll be treating you to a bouquet of flowers", she told me, quickly looking at me with a smirk on her face. "Fine, thank you mum, that means a lot", I mumbled, accepting defeat.

"It's nothing dear. When would you like to go? We have time now, or we could go after dinner, or another day. It's up to you hun." She let me have the final say. I think I was ready to do it now. I knew I'd probably get emotional, but mum would be there to help me from spiralling.

"Can we go now?" I asked. "Of course! Do you have a specific florist in mind?" Mum asked me, causing me to shrug in reply. "I don't know any florists actually, I'm not fancy like you", I told her, causing a snort to escape from her mouth.

"Yeah I'm not either. I mean, look at me", she said, gesturing to what she was currently wearing, which was an old top, some yoga pants and a pair of joggers. "Doesn't help the fact that you grew up in a rich family, you're an actress for gods sake!"

—————————————

Hi! 👋

How are we?
Sorry for the late update, I'm just forgetful

Keep on slaying <3

Love, Frida xx