Chapter 74:"Lily x"

Not me posting this while on facetime with my friend who is begging for it to be posted xD

Here you go Lily, this one's for you x

(Yeah the chapter is named after her bc I can't come up with a chapter name for the life of me)

⚠️TW:⚠️ panic attack (hehe sorry not sorry)

----------------------------------------------

The show was airing in a couple minutes and I was sat on the sofa, with Robbie on one of the lounge chairs. "Hello everyone and welcome back! I'm Jimmy Fallon, and I have a very special guest here tonight!" Jimmy's voice echoed through our living room and my stomach twisted in knots at what was to come.

"Give a big round of applause to our guest tonight, Elizabeth Olsen!" The room erupted in cheers as I saw my amazing mum walk on stage in a gorgeous white dress. They did some small talk at first, and Jimmy asked her about WandaVision.

We then got stuck in some rambling about Kathryn and the boys, Julian and Jett, who I actually hadn't met yet but I knew she worked with them. "And speaking of people in your life, I heard you have a new family member", Jimmy lead with an open ended question.

"I do! Robbie and I adopted our daughter Nova a couple weeks ago!" Mum's eyes lit up as she mentioned me, making a small smile tug on my lips. "Tell me about her!" "Oh god, where do I start!"

She then went on a rant about me, sharing some things I didn't even realize I do. Like how my eyes light up when I'm around Luna, and how I cannot take a compliment for the life of me.

"She sounds so lovely, I'm kind sad she didn't come today. Although, it's understandable, she's probably a lot happier just watching this from home", Jimmy said.

Mum agreed, waving to me through the screen after Jimmy said she could do that. "We also have a picture of your beautiful daughter which she had approved of us showing, correct?"

Mum nodded. Yeah, that's right. I agreed to showing a picture of me, or well two pictures. One was a selfie from my Instagram and the other was a picture of me and Luna at a prize giving ceremony.

After some more gushing about me, they finally moved on to other themes, talking a bit about Avengers and other stuff. I kind of zoned out for most of it, overthinking the fact that the world knows about me now.

My mind began spinning with thoughts and I barely even noticed my erratic breathing as I slipped into a state of panic. Everything got a bit darker as someone turned the TV off. A figure with broad shoulder approached me. A man.

In my blurry state, I was just able to make out his beard. My father. Deep down I knew my mind was jumping to conclusions, but all I could think about was my inevitable fate. His hand slowly moved upwards.

What was happening? Never in my life had I seen my father move his hand slowly. Was everything happening in slow motion? Was I going crazy? His voice echoed through my head, causing my head to pound.

My hands flew to my ears to try and stop the sound, but nothing I could do helped. "Please stop, no, please, please don't, I'll do anything", I begged underneath my breath, just wanting everything to stop.

But the impact never came. The punch was never landed. The figure never stopped moving slowly. Instead of hitting me, he slowly put his hand on my knee, causing me to flinch. "Nova?" I heard a voice behind the one of my father.

"Can you hear me?" They asked calmly, causing me to calm down slightly. If they were calm, maybe I was imagining it all. I nodded, telling them I could hear them. "It's me, Robbie." Wait, Robbie?

I tried blinking, ridding my eyes from tears, but they kept coming and my vision didn't get any clearer. "Take some deep breaths Nova, you're safe, I could never hurt you", I could see his mouth moving, but pulling air into my lungs at a normal rate still didn't seem manageable.

"Deep breaths Nova", he repeated in the same calm voice. His hands made their way to my hands, taking them in his. They felt unfamiliar, rougher than mum's. "You're in the living room, on the couch. We were watching Lizzie on Jimmy Fallon. Whoever you're seeing, he's not here."

With his words, I was able to regulate my breathing enough to stop the tears from coming. As I regained my vision, I was able to look further into his eyes. I searched them, for that little glint of light.

As soon as I found it, along with his soft, reassuring smile, I let myself relax. "Welcome back", I heard his soft voice. "Sorry about that ", I mumbled. "You have nothing to be sorry about. What happened?" He asked, keeping his hands in mine and his voice soft.

"I dunno, I guess I just started overthinking", I shrugged, not really wanting to talk about it. "Everything is going to be okay. Some people are obviously not going to be supportive, but just know that you have us, no matter what, we'll be there for you. Nothing can make me and Lizzie love you any less."

I just took some time to let his words sink in, and I felt that I wasn't as worried. True, I might get some hate, but in the end, all that matters is that I have loving parents and a support system who will be with me no matter what. "Thank you", I whispered into the small space in between us.

-----------------------------------

ROBBIE FOR THE WIN Y'ALL!!!!!

I know a lot of requested Robbie and Nova content, well here it is bitches!

Anyway, I hope you're all doing well, how was your week?

Take care, I love you all so much <3

Love, Frida xx