Chapter 82: "The Wanda Maximoff herself"

⚠️TW:⚠️ nothinggggggggg

---------

Two weeks later

----------

"I don't want to leave", I pouted, refusing to get up from the dirty yard floor. "I'm sorry Novs, you have to go, you've got the set wrapping today, Your mum wants you there you know." Ally was trying to persuade me to get up from Luna's stable so that I could make it in time for the set wrapping.

They were wrapping WandaVision today and I knew mum wanted me there. Hell, I wanted to be there too! I just had this weird feeling that was gnawing away at my stomach. Something bad was going to happen. I could feel it.

I had never been one to trust my gut, but in hindsight, I should probably have done it this once. "Okay fine, I'll leave", I sighed getting up from the floor in Luna's stable where I was currently sitting.

Luna was munching happily away at her hay, so I took a moment with her before I left. The feeling never subsided, but as I walked out of the barn, I pushed it down. Whatever it was, I'd get through it.

Oh how wrong I was.

"Hi Nova honey, are you ready to go?" Mum asked when I got downstairs straight out of the shower. "Yup, just let me grab a banana or something, I'm feeling a bit peckish."

"Okay, I'll wait in the car. Come out when you're ready." I quickly grabbed a banana and opened it before rushing out after mum, who indeed was waiting in the car. "Ready to go hunny?" I nodded, my mouth too full of banana to talk.

After the now pretty familiar drive, we arrived at set. As usual, I had to show my ID before I was let in. Mum parked the car and we did a little detour to mum's trailer. "There's not a lot of filming today, I think I just have one scene today, with the boys, Paul and Kathryn", mum informed me as we walked to hair and makeup.

"It's Liz and Nova!" Kathryn squealed as we walked in. She shot up from her chair, much to her makeup artist dismay. "Hey, I wasn't done with you!" Kathryn didn't give a shit. "It's so good to see you both!" She embraced both of us in her half-finished hair and makeup.

"It's good to see you too Kathryn", mum giggled as Kathryn practically squeezed us both to death. "Are you guys ready for wrapping?" Kathryn asked.

"Go and sit back down, then I'll answer." Kathryn sighed before sulking back to her chair, shooting her hair and makeup artists a quiet sorry. "I don't know if I'm ready to say goodbye to all this", mum sighed as she also took a seat, smiling at Hannah.

"It's been a good time, even though it's been stressful and tiring. I'm not ready to say goodbye", mum admitted. "I've gotten to know so many incredible people, and I know we can always meet up later, but it's not the same."

And that's how it went. Mum and Kathryn reminisced about all their memories from set, and everyone they had met along the way. It gave me a sense of comfort listening to them ramble. The hair and makeup artists joined in, and I was happy staying in the background, just listening.

Eventually, though, they were both ready for the day, and they left to put their costumes on. "So, ready for an emotional day?" Hannah asked me. "I don't know. I'll just try and be there for her as best as I can."

"You're a good daughter, she's lucky to have you", Hannah told me. Before I could answer, mum came back, now in costume. "Well look who it is, Wanda Maximoff herself", Hannah joked as mum came back, her normal clothes in hand.

"What have you done to Elizabeth Olsen?" Hannah kept the joke up as mum came over and put her normal clothes down. "Oh her? She's long gone", she said in her Sokovian accent, adding a little smirk for good measure.

"Would you like to be next?" Mum slowly walked over to Hannah and did the head tilt. I swear, if it was me she was standing in front of, I'd have shit myself. However, it looked like this was a regular occurrence for Hannah, as she stood her ground, trying not to laugh.

Mum finally broke character as Kathryn waltzed in, also in full costume. "You ladies ready to go?"

It was a pretty short day on set, with just a couple of short scenes. I stayed in the shadows, behind the cameras so that I wouldn't interrupt anything. Mum was amazing as always, but there were moments when she'd take a look around, and I could see her become emotional.

"Aaaand that's a wrap guys!" The director shouted, and the set erupted into cheers. Mum, Kathryn, Paul and the boys all gathered into a group hug, and I could see some tears streaming down mum's cheeks.

Slowly, I made my way over as they separated. The boys found what looked like their parents, who apparently were also here. Mum's teary eyes scanned the set before they landed on me. She rushed over, almost tripping in her long gown, but she made it to me without falling.

"Nova." Her voice cracked and she couldn't continue. "I know mum, you're okay." I embraced her and stumbled back a few steps due to how hard she crashed into me. Luckily, I was able to stabilize myself pretty fast and we didn't go toppling.

I allowed her to let her emotions out as she buried her head in the crook of my neck. "Let it all out, you're okay."She took a few moments to gather herself before looking up at me with a teary smile.

"I-I'm sorry, it's just a lot", she mumbled. "Don't apologize. You're saying goodbye to something that has been a huge part of your life the last couple of months. You're saying goodbye to your job, to your coworkers who are like family to you."

---------------------------------------------

Hiyaaaaa!!

How are we feeling today?

The book is nearing an end, I think we might have something close to 5 chapters left...

It's kinda sad to say goodbye but at the same time, it's nice to finally come to an end :)

Love, Frida xx