Chapter 67: "Kathryn"

⚠️TW:⚠️ nothing much I think, lemme know if there is anything x

---------------------------------

We eventually decided on her coming to set with me. I'm currently filming WandaVision, but today was a pretty chill day, with only me and Kathryn on set. Robbie had made us breakfast, and we had a nice, relaxed morning, eating together by the kitchen island.

Nova was a lot more like herself today and she was a lot less guarded around Robbie, even giving him a little hug as a thank you for breakfast and for being understanding yesterday. Robbie then had to leave for work, and I mean, we did too.

We got dressed, Nova looking a lot more put together than me. I do not understand it. She most certainly did not look like she did this morning. The puffy and bloodshot eyes were almost completely gone, and her hair was flowing down in her natural, gentle waves.

She ended up putting it in a claw clip in the car though, claiming it was too windy to be wearing your hair down. Fair enough.

Anyway, we eventually got to set, Nova growing increasingly more anxious as we did. I assured her she wouldn't have to talk to or meet anyone if she didn't want to, she could just stay in my trailer.

After all of the annoyingness of Nova having to sign NDAs and whatnot, we finally got to my trailer. I was expecting Nova to want to stay there, but she came with me to hair and makeup. "They are all super nice okay? I've told them a bit about you, so they know you're my daughter. If they ask too many questions, let me know and I'll tell them to stop okay?"

She nodded, showing me she understood. I shot her a reassuring smile before pushing the door open. "Liz! Heyy wassup?" My makeup artist, Hannah, was quick to sweep me into a hug. As soon as she stepped back, her gaze fell on Nova who was standing next to me with a soft smile on her face at the interaction.

"And who is thiss?" Her gaze flickered between Nova and me. "I'm Nova, it's nice to meet you", Nova stuck her hand out for Hannah to shake, delivering a firm shake and another soft smile. She then introduced herself to the rest of the people there, shaking their hands as well.

Before I could say anything, the door burst open and in waltzed Kathryn with a huge smile on her face as always. She swept me off my feet and into her embrace, freezing slightly when she noticed the extra presence.

I didn't even get the chance to say anything before Kathryn had let go of me and hugged Nova instead. "Nova! It's so nice to meet you! Liz literally can't shut up about you!"

"Umm h-hi!" Nova stuttered, clearly taken by surprise. Kathryn took a step back, putting her hands gently on Nova's shoulders, taking her in and smiling. "So beautiful..."

Kathryn smiled at Nova yet again before greeting everyone else, leaving Nova slightly taken by surprise and her cheeks slightly red. "You okay?" I asked her quietly. "She can be a bit much, but she means well. If she gets too excited, tell her to fuck off okay? Or let me know", I added as an afterthought.

I was ushered into a seat next to Kathryn, and Nova ended up taking a seat on the couch on the side. "So, tell me about yourself Nova!" Kathryn said excitedly, clearly way more awake than any of us.

Hannah got started on my face as someone else began putting my hair up for the bald cap and wig. "I'm not very interesting really, I mean, I ride horses, that's about it", Nova shrugged, making herself comfortable on the couch.

"Oh right! Of course! As I said, Liz can't shut up about you! It's always Nova, this, Nova that, it's like she's a teenager with a crush, it's pretty cute. She adores you, you know", Kathryn started rambling like I wasn't even there. I had told her a bit about Nova's past and how I adopted her, but there was a lot that I felt wasn't my place to say.

"Hey! I'm here you know!" I pretty much whined. "It's true though! You're always talking about how much you love her and how proud you are of her. I think we got every little detail about what happened at Northampton at least like three times", Hannah teased me, making my cheeks flush a deep shade of red.

"You're blushing!" Kathryn squealed. "Oh, this is too good! You're so cute Liz, honestly. You got lucky with her Nova, she loves you a lot", Kathryn ended it on a more serious note.

I got ready while Nova and Kathryn talked and got to know each other. Kathryn shared on-set stories while Nova told Kathryn about Luna and Ally. I talked a bit with Hannah, joining Kathryn's and Nova's conversation when deeming it fitting.

"Aaaand you're done!" Hannah announced. "Go change, your outfit is over there", she directed me to where today's costume was hanging. I quickly got changed before meeting Kathryn and Nova who were both ready to get to set.

"Do you want to go back to the trailer?" I asked Nova. "It's going to be a lot of waiting with a lot of people", I warned her. "It's fine, I need a distraction anyway", Nova brushed it off. "You sure?" I got into mum mode.

"I'm fine mum, chill out. I'll go to the trailer if I feel like I need to okay?" Nova assured me she'd be fine. "She calls you mum!?" Kathryn whispered, completely speechless. "That's so cuteee!"

"She does", I gushed. "When did that happen?" Kathryn was speechless yet again. "Yesterday actually. We had a rough day which is why I wasn't here, and she ended up calling me mum!"

All the way to set, Kathryn was practically squealing like a teenager, stating we were too cute for this world. I swear, it's like I fell in love or something, based on how everyone is acting. But then again, I did. I fell in love with this beautiful person who I can now call my daughter.

----------------------------------------

 I'm letting u have ur fun today @Morbu_13 ... We all know what's coming...

Anyway, hi! How are we? After this idiot ^ makes this chapter a lot more dirty than it has to be...

Take care, I love you all so so much <3

Love, Frida xx