Chapter 53: "Meeting ScarJo"

⚠️TW:⚠️ none

—————————————

The  test went well, Luna only threw  her head around  once, otherwise, she  was an angel. As soon as I  saluted the judges, I  leaned forward to give  Luna a big pat. She was  so good. I couldn't keep  the huge grin off my  face as I exited the  arena and walked over to  where Ally and her parents  were waiting.

"That was so  good!" Ally exclaimed. "I was so sure you were gonna fuck up the flying change but it was perfect!" I loved how supportive we were  of  each  other. Ally's parents didn't really know a lot about horses,  but  they  saw Ally's excitement and how happy I was, so they knew I did  well.

"Good job Nova", her mum congratulated me, reaching up to  give me a hug. "Thanks", I smiled. I could see four people and a kid  approaching us,   the kid being very excited.

I  could  recognize Lizzie from  far away, and I couldn't help the smile  which  spread on my face at  knowing she had actually come. "Is that who I think it is?!" Ally  whispered to me when they got closer.

"Dude, it's Scarlett  Johansson!" She was fangirling at this point. "Hi my   sweet girl",  Lizzie greeted me. "Hey, you made it", I smiled. "We sure   did. That was  amazing! It looked so beautiful!" Lizzie praised me,   getting on her  toes for a hug.

"Thanks,  there were a couple  of small  hiccups but overall it was okay." "You did  amazing Nova,  give yourself  some credit", Lizzie said before pulling  away. Next up  was MK who I  hadn't seen in a while.

"Hey  Nova! It's been a  while", she  smiled. "That was a really good round,  good job on  keeping her under  wraps in the canter, I could see she was  getting a  bit excited", she  laughed. "Oh yeah, I was sure she was going  to buck  at one point", I  joked.

I  also introduced myself to Ashley  while Ally was  silently fangirling.  "Hi, it's nice to meet you", I  smiled politely,  holding my hand out for  her to shake. "Likewise,  Lizzie has told us a  lot about you", she  answered, earning a punch to  the arm from Lizzie.

"You   weren't supposed to tell her  that!" Lizzie lightly scolded. Ashley  just  shrugged her shoulders with  a smirk. Now, everyone who was left  were  Scarlett and Rose. "Hi, I'm  Scarlett, it's nice to meet you", she   smiled, also shaking my hand.

"The   pleasure is all mine,  thank you for coming. And you must be Rose?" I   directed to the little  girl who was currently hiding behind her mum,   only her head peeking  out. She nodded her head shyly.

"Rose  is a  beautiful name", I  lightly complimented her with a soft smile.  "You  weally think so?" Her  eyes lit up. "Yeah! I'd love to be named  after a  flower!" Her face  erupted into an adorable grin.

"Tank   you..." she mumbled.  "What's yah name?" "My name is Nova", I answered.   "Your name is also  really pwetty", she smiled. "Thank you!"

"Is   this yah  horse?" She asked, her attention now on Luna. "Yeah, she's   mine, her  name is Luna", I explained. "Woooooooow...", she dragged out.   "Can I  pat her?" "Of course, she might try to nibble you though, but  you  can  pat her neck if you want", I answered.

Scarlett   lifted her  up and Rose eagerly gave Luna a pat. While Rose was   occupied, Scarlett  whispered a quiet "thank you". "She's pwetty", Rose   told me. "She  really is", I smiled. "So are you though", I continued.  

"I   think we all know who you get your looks from", I  smirked at Scarlett   who blushed lightly, trying to brush it off with a  laugh. "Anyway, this   is my best friend Ally and her parents Miriam  and Bernard", I  introduced  them to take their attention away from the  slightly  flustered woman in  front of me.

"H-Hi,  I'm a big  fan", Ally  practically squealed as she shook Scarlett's hand,  making  us all  laugh. "Pull it together Als", I laughed. "How are you  not  freaking  out?" Ally not-so whispered to me. "Oh yeah, you're used to   the  celebrity life now, next I'll be seeing you on Jimmy Fallon in   those  bouncy chairs", she joked.

"Yeah  right", I laughed,  rolling  my eyes. "Are you talking about the girl  currently on an  off-the-track  thoroughbred?" I continued. Yeah, Luna is  off the track,  bet you didn't  expect that.

I  glanced at my watch and  realized we didn't  have a lot of time until  Ally's showjumping. "Okay,  maybe we should get  going, Ally, your class  is in an hour", I pointed  out. "Crap, yeah,  let's go", Ally practically  dragged her parents  with her, the rest of  us following them.

"Isn't  an hour  plenty of time?" Lizzie  questioned as we made our way to the  stables.  "Not really. She has to  tack Crystal up and get herself ready  before  walking back down and  warming up. It takes a while and things  never seem to go  to plan."

We   made our way back, and I just took Luna's bridle  off, swapping it for   her headcollar (halter). My class was pretty much  right after Ally's, so   I also had to hurry. MK was an angel and  helped me swap Luna's  dressage  saddle for her jumping one while I  changed my clothes.

I   have a red jumping showjacket that  Mr. Miller got me as a present,   along with a matching red saddle pad  and earbonnet for Luna. During   showjumping you have more freedom in  terms of what you wear, compared to   dressage where the rules are a lot  stricter.

So yeah, I usually wear red. Luna looks great in it and it's not your standard boring competition outfit.

Anyway,    I quickly changed and found Luna all ready for showjumping with MK    holding her. Crystal was also pretty much ready. "Thank you so much    Mary-Kate, you're a savior", I sighed in relief.

"No    problem, it's always nice to have some help and your mom doesn't really    know much about horses", she pointed out, gesturing to Lizzie who was    talking to Ally's parents. I froze at the word "mom".

"Crap,    sorry, too early?" MK asked me hesitantly. "No, it's just weird I    guess, having someone", I shrugged. "Should I be calling her mum?" I    asked MK, suddenly worried. "Even though I'm sure she'd love it, you    don't have to if you feel like it's not right."

"You  have a mom   right?" I nodded. "Yeah, but she's dead", I mumbled. "I'm  sorry... But   my point is, Liz would never want to replace her in any  way. She's  here  to be there for you right now and in the future. So no  matter  what you  call her, she'll love you unconditionally."

"Okay...  I  don't  knowwww...", I whined. "And that's okay. Take your time. Talk  to  her  about it so that you can hear each other out. Communication is   key", Mk  winked at me, causing me to roll my eyes. "You sound like   you're  giving relationship advice", I snorted.

————————————

Hii!! 👋

How are we today? Good? Not so good?

I love you all so much, my messages are always open if you wanna chat :)

Take care of yourself for me will yah <3

Love, Frida xx