Chapter 50: "Shopping"

⚠️TW:⚠️ nothing I think

—————————————
"I  want to come   with you  next time, I'd  like to  see you box", she added. 

"Sure.      What are you  planning?  Sparring?" I joked. "Oh god  no, based on   your    knuckles, you  have a  nasty punch, I wouldn't like  to be on   the    receiving end of that",   Lizzie was quick to state. "You  sure?   All of    that Marvel training  must  have given you some sort of    fighting    experience."

"Or  are  your  wiggly woos everything you   can bring  to   the table?" I  asked  jokingly,  wiggling my fingers  around   comically.  

"Oh  come on, I can  fight!" Lizzie  whined, acting  offended. "You sure    about that? I have  never seen you  pull off an  actual punch in any    Marvel movie", I  kept on teasing her,  turning  around to get a glass  of   water.

"You're   mean", Lizzie   playfully pouted. "You haven't   noticed that yet?"   Wow, I was feeling   brave today. I normally  wouldn't  joke around with   a lot of people but   Lizzie was making me  feel safe.

"Are    you going to wash  those  blueberries or  not?" I questioned with a    laugh, motioning  towards the  blueberries, in  a bowl, discarded on  the   counter. "Oh  right, the  blueberries." She  washed them quickly   before  putting them  in a box and  into the fridge.

"So,    are you up  for some  online shopping?"  Lizzie questioned. "Sure,  I'm   still not  ecstatic  over you spending money  on me though. I'll  just go   have a  quick  shower first."

After   showering (without getting  the  bandage   wet, should probably have showered  first),  I put on some comfy  clothes  before   heading back to the  living room.  Lizzie was sat on  the sofa  with her   laptop in her lap. 

"There  you  are! Come  here", she  said  with  a smile, patting the spot beside   her. Let's  just say,  Lizzie did  not  hold back. Not only did she get  me  way too  many  clothes, she  also  insisted on buying some riding  attire as  my   selection was quite  scarce.  And when we first were  there, she ended   up  buying me a whole  new set  of show clothes, both  for dressage,    showjumping and  cross-country.

We   also got some fancy  clothes   which I had  never owned as I had never   seen a use for them.  But I  guess  now that  you're [Adopted by  Elizabeth  Olsen], you're  expected to  go to  events  and red carpets.

Hold   on, how is  that going  to work?   "Lizzie?" I asked timidly. "Yes  hun?"  "How is  this ever going  to  work?" I  asked. "What do you  mean?" Lizzie  asked  confusedly, her   brows  furrowing. "Like, how are  you going to   announce me to the   public? Are  you even going to do  that? What will   people think? What   about your  family?"

"Okay  breathe, it's  going  to be okay. I'll   be honest, we  haven't really  thought about  that. We  would love to   announce you to the  public,  but if you don't  want that,  we obviously   won't do it. As for my   family, they have an  idea. MK and  Ashley   obviously know and they   couldn't be more  excited. As for the  rest of   my family, they have an   idea but we  haven't told them  everything yet.   We wanted to give  you a  chance to  settle in a bit and  figure out what   YOU want to  do", Lizzie   explained.

"You're old enough to make your own decisions, so most of this will be happening on your terms."

"I       don't know", I whined leaning into Lizzie. "And you don't have to     yet.   It's a lot to think about but both Robbie and I are here if  you    want  to  ask us something or if you have an idea okay?" I  nodded.

"What about red carpets?" I asked. "I mean, we're literally buying red carpet-worthy clothes worth more than my entire existence", I sighed. "First of all, you are worth a whole lot more than all of this.   Second of all, we will deal with that when that time comes. We might want to introduce you before bringing you to any red carpets."

I nodded. "Thank you for buying me all of this", I mumbled, feeling a bit overwhelmed with how much money Lizzie had spent on me. "Of course honey! I know you're not used to being spent money on, but you better get used to it", she laughed.

"I  just feel like I don't deserve this." "Aww honey, you deserve this  and so much more. It's a new    world for you and it's going to take some time for you to get used to it, but just know, I want to be  able to spoil you to make up for the years I wasn't in your life."

"Thanks", I mumbled. "No problem hunny. Now, what do you want for dinner?"

Long story short, we ended up making chicken. Robbie also came home and joined us for dinner.

I  spent the evening up in my room, talking to Ally and Griffin. Ally and I  planned a hack the next morning before she had to go to school. We also  talked a bit about the competition next weekend and I kind of freaked  out again by the fact that Scarlett fucking Johansson might come.

Anyway,  I went to bed only to be awoken by my nightmares as usual. Luckily, no  one woke up so I didn't have to worry about anyone else getting no sleep  because of me. I got up bright and early, at about 6:30.

I  knew Lizzie had to be at work at 8, and Robbie was also going to the  studio. So, I did what any daughter would do, I made breakfast. Hold  on... Did I just call myself their daughter? I think I did...

And it didn't feel wrong.

It felt... oddly right.

Smiling  to myself, I continued making scrambled eggs and bacon. I added some  toast and beans, making kind of a traditional English breakfast. Well,  as much as you can in the house of two Americans. Now, I guess it was two Americans and a Brit.

I  found two trays and put the food on them, along with cutlery, water and  orange juice. After managing to get up the stairs without dropping  anything, I lightly knocked on Robbie's door with my foot.

Lizzie  had told me she slept in the same bed as him sometimes, so I checked  his bedroom first. I heard a groan from the other side, so I took that  as my cue to enter.

----------------------------------------------------

Hii!!
I'll be quick with this bc I'm tired so how are we doing?

I hope you're doing well, take care of yourself for me yeah?

Love, Frida xx