Chapter 62:"Charlton"

I'M STILL NOT OVER THIS LOOK ^

⚠️TW:⚠️ idk, some panicking ig

---------------------------------------

Lizzie's pov:

I woke up at 8am as usual, feeling Robbie leaving kisses all over my face. "Good morning beautiful", I heard his raspy morning voice. "Hmmmm morning..."

After some cuddle time, we eventually got up. Nova had not mentioned anything about having to go to the barn this morning, so I assumed she was still asleep. When I knocked on her door, I got no response, so I decided to go inside.

"I'm coming in", I warned her. No response. Upon opening the door, I found her empty bed, the bed sheets thrown haphazardly to the side as if she had gotten up in a rush. Weird. Nova always made her bed first thing in the morning.

Maybe she's in the bathroom? Nope. The door was ajar, and no one was there. All right. Maybe she was downstairs, but it was weird that she hadn't made her bed.

I shrugged it off and went down to the kitchen to look for her there. Everything I found was Robbie, making some coffee. "How's Nova?" He asked. "Still asleep?"

"She's not here?" I asked, worry growing inside my chest. "No? I thought she was still sleeping."

"Where is she then?" I was starting to panic a bit. "Hey Liz, calm down love", Robbie put down whatever he was holding to come and hold my hands instead. "She's probably just at the barn or something, she's fine", he tried to ease my worries.

"B-But she didn't say anything about it, s-she always leaves a note and there is no note!" My breathing was starting to pick up. "Okay love, take a deep breath for me. How about we call her yeah?" Robbie suggested and I nodded.

He sat me down on a chair before getting his phone out and dialing Nova's number. She didn't answer straight away, and we instead heard a distant buzzing coming from upstairs. After sharing a look, we both stood up in an instant, heading back up to her room where the buzzing was coming from.

On her bedside table, was her phone. "She left her phone here, why did she do that?" My panic resurfaced.

"How about we call her friend? What was her name, Ally?" I nodded. "I don't have her number though!" "You have her parents numbers right?"

That's true. I fished my phone out of my pocket, dialing Ally's mother. "Hi! This is Miriam!"

"Umm hey...", I mumbled, not really sure what to say. "Elizabeth! How can I help you?" Her cheery voice put a small smile on my face despite my distress. "Is Ally there? We have to talk to her, it's kind of important."

"Hold on a second... Allyson!"

"She's coming", she informed us. After a few seconds of silence, Ally came (head out of the gutter peeps).

"Hi! Mrs. Olsen and Mr. Arnett, how can I help you?" "Please, it's Lizzie and Robbie", Robbie was quick to correct her. "Right, sorry. How can I help you?"

"Umm, Nova isn't here, d-do you happen to know where she could be?" I asked her, my voice cracking half way through. "Is she gone?" Ally asked and I nodded before realizing she couldn't see me.

"Y-Yeah."

"Okay... so it's really not my place to tell, but she hasn't ran away or anything. She's fine, she just needs some time, today is a hard day for her", Ally explained. "What do you mean? Do you know where she is?"

"I do", Ally answered. "Where?" "As I said, I can't tell you, she needs space."

"Have we done anything? Is she mad at us? Did we hurt her?" I started anxiously rambling. "No, today is a hard time for her, every year she needs some time and space, so I'd just advice you to go to work, if she's not back before 5pm I'll go get her, she's okay, she's safe."

"Can you please tell us where she is, I can't go to work like this, please", I begged Ally.

"I-"

Ally was silent for a few seconds, as if to think about whether or not to tell us. "She's probably at the graveyard. Charlton cemetery", she eventually said. "Let me know how she is when you find her okay?"

"Thank you so much Ally, of course we will!"

I hung up and without having to say anything, Robbie and I were out the door and in the car. "I'll drive. You're not in a state to drive love", Robbie took the car keys. I accepted defeat and climbed into the passenger seat, sending the director a text, stating I wouldn't be able to make my way to work today because of private matters.

The drive to Charlton was surprisingly long. I was wondering how Nova had gotten there. I hoped she had went out after 5am and taken the tube, but something told me she had been up earlier than that.

Had she ran all the way? What if she wasn't even there?

And why the hell would she be there?

Ally had said that today was a hard day for her, that she needed space. What was that supposed to mean? I didn't get to ponder much more as we arrived. We stepped out of the car, walking through the gates of the cemetery.

It was beautiful, I have to say, and if I had been here for another reason, I might have been able to appreciate its beauty.

We took our time, not wanting to intrude on anything, despite my worry for Nova. The whole cemetery was pretty much empty, except for a small figure sitting in front of a gravestone.

Shivering in the September air and tears streaming tirelessly down her face, we had found her. Her gaze was empty, as if all the life had been drained from it. She wasn't looking at the grave, she was looking through it.

"I'll go back to the car, I'll give you two some privacy", Robbie whispered, giving my head a pack before letting us be alone. My gaze fell back on Nova. She looked so small, so broken. I had never seen her like this.

Slowly, as not to startle her, I sat down beside her. "Hi my sweet girl", I spoke softly. No reaction. I gently put my hand on her knee, causing her to flinch, her gaze turning to one of panic. "Hey, hey, it's okay hun, it's me Lizzie", I tried to calm her down.

-----------------------------------------------

Hiya you all right?

How are we doing today? It's Saturday, which means THE WEEKEND YAYY!!

Stay safe, take care of yourself, I love you all so much <3

Love, Frida xx