Chapter 36: "Sleep"

Just take a moment to appreciate Lizzie ^^^^^^

⚠️TW:⚠️ nothing really, we're done with the drama (for now) I think (Edit: actually never mind. I just checked, you get a couple of calm chapters but after that it's back with the drama so you're welcome ig)

----------------------------------------------

I used one hand to mindlessly play with her hair while she slept, while I texted Miss Riley with the other one. She was worried. I assured her Nova was okay and safe, just tired. I spent some time on my phone while Nova slept, just replying to some messages.

After about an hour I got bored, so I put my phone away and put all my attention on the sleeping beauty in my arms. Her chest rose slowly up and down, she looked so peaceful. Her hands hadn't let go of my shirt, I think she was afraid of me leaving her, which I had no intention to do.

I continued combing my fingers gently through her hair, and my mind started wandering. Where was she going to stay tonight? I obviously wanted her to stay with me and Robbie, but I didn't know if she wanted to stay here at the orphanage one last night.

To be honest, I didn't really want to leave her alone right now. She had been through a lot today, and she could easily have another panic attack. So I decided on asking her if she wanted to stay at the house tonight.

That way I could make sure she was safe, and we could drive together to the orphanage tomorrow to sign the papers and to get her stuff. That's something I noticed when looking around her room. She hadn't packed at all.

Before having the panic attack, she had told me over the phone that she had been procrastinating packing. I would have to ask her about that. If it was enough to send her into a panic attack, it had to be important, or at least something that was bothering her.

After about 2 hours of sleeping, Nova started stirring in my arms. Her body twitched adorably, her face scrunched up and she stretched her whole body before snuggling into me more. I just continued to comb my fingers through her hair while internally awing at her adorableness.

She eventually opened her arms and noticed me. "Sleep well?" I asked and he nodded tiredly. "Sorry for falling asleep on you", she mumbled, rubbing her eyes, she was clearly still tired. "I asked you to rest, remember? Don't apologize for that."

"Yeah but-" Nova started but I cut her off. "Hey, no buts, I'm happy you managed to get some sleep. Now, we have to get you some food, I'm assuming you haven't eaten?"

"Yeah I haven't, but it's fine", Nova tried. "Nope, you need to eat", I told her. "What do you want?" I asked, Nova shrugged.

"I don't know, there's probably some food downstairs, Miss Riley made food before she left", Nova mumbled. "Great, come on, you need to eat something", I said, getting up.

Nova was reluctant to get up. "Nova baby, you need to get up. You don't have to eat downstairs, if you want to, we can just go down, fetch the food and come back up here okay?" I suggested.

After a bit of thinking, she agreed. I offered her my hand and she slowly stood up, swaying a little. Without thinking, my hands were at her waist, steadying her. "Take it slow, you're going to be a bit dizzy from the lack of oxygen."

"My head hurts", Nova whined, on the verge of tears again. "I know, I'm sorry, we have to go get you some water okay?" I slowly lead her out of her room and down the stairs, making sure she was okay.

She was dizzy from the lack of oxygen, so I made sure to take it slow and to support most of her body weight. We made it downstairs without any complications, the orphanage seemed pretty empty at the moment.

Nova showed me the way to the kitchen, which was down a hallway. The kitchen was connected to the living room, so instead of making her sit down at the dining table, I led her to the couch (sofa) and let her lay down.

"I'll be back with some water for you okay?" Nova just nodded, sinking into the couch. I tried to be as fast as possible, not wanting to leave Nova alone. After searching the cabinets for a glass, not very calmly may I add, I finally found one.

I found a bottle of water in the fridge, and used that to fill the glass. I wasn't sure if the orphanage had a water filter for the water in the sink, so I did the safest thing.

Making sure not to spill any of the water, I made my way back to where Nova was. She was laying in the same position I left her in. "I got you some water, can you sit up for me?" I asked softly. With a bit of assistance, she managed to sit up, and I handed her the glass of water.

Taking long sips of it, she managed to drink the whole thing. "Good job", I smiled, taking the now empty glass from her. "Can you tell me where the food is?" I asked her. "In the fridge, in some sort of pot I think", Nova said, feeling a bit better after the water.

"I'll come with you", Nova decided, standing up on surprisingly steady legs. "Are you sure? I think it would be better for you to just lay down for a while." I wasn't too sure about this idea.

-----------------------------------------

A bit of a shorter one today bc I have no motivation (I have Covid so I'm blaming it on that)

How are you? :)

I have Covid, so yk, fun... but other than that I guess I'm okay. I feel like I'm on my period constantly though. I don't know if it's Covid or if I'm just an idiot, but I've been so emotionally unstable. I don't even know at this point...

Anyway, make sure you stay safe. Try and get outside, it'll help, I promise <3

Love, Frida xx