Chapter 5: "I met THE Elizabeth Olsen!"

⚠️TW:⚠️ Panic attack and talk about injuries

--------------------------------------------------

Nova's pov:

I had survived teaching Lizzie, and she was actually really sweet. I had been incredibly anxious the entire time, even though I had tried to push down the feeling. However, after the lesson, I felt a panic attack coming. After saying goodbye to Lizzie and Mary-Kate, I rushed over to Luna's field, struggling to breathe.

I broke down against a tree, gasping for air and with tears clouding my vision. My breathing was ragged and I was choking on my tears. I tried to regulate my breathing but it wasn't working. Lizzie probably hated me, and because of me, she would never come back here again. Thoughts started swarming my mind, and I started to feel light-headed.

Luckily, Luna noticed me panicking, and she came over to me and put her head in my lap. It's weird, she's just a horse, but yet she can calm me down better than any human. As soon as she came close to me, I immediately felt calmer.

I stroked her while I calmed down, and I eventually managed to regulate my breathing. I was lucky. This panic attack hadn't been as bad as usual. I sat there for a couple more minutes, just enjoying some quality time with my horse before I decided I had to try and get some chores done.

I dragged myself to my feet, took some deep breaths and wiped my tears before heading off to the barn to do some of the things I had to do today. Before I could get started, however, I was met with Mr. Miller.

"Nova, there you are!" He exclaimed. "I've been looking everywhere for you! Elizabeth talked to me about you and about her lesson", he explained. Great. Just great. She had probably told Mr. Miller how weird and stupid I was, and now I had ruined the barns reputation, good job Nova.

"Nova? Did you hear what I just said?" Mr. Miller asked me. "You kind of zoned out for a minute." "No, sorry, what did you say?" I asked, dreading the answer. "Elizabeth said that she really loved you and she wants to have another lesson next week, preferably with you on the side", he said with a wide grin on his face.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah! She said that you were really sweet, and before the lesson, she asked me a lot about you. And I might have mentioned the fact that you're an orphan and that you have social anxiety", he mumbled the last part, knowing I didn't like to disclose that kind of information to strangers.

"You told her about that?!" I almost shouted. "I'm sorry Nova, but she was genuinely interested in you, she seems to really like you", he explained. Lovely. Now she's probably just coming back because she pities me. I mean, I'm an orphan with crap mental health.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to shout, I have to get going, just text me when her lesson is, I'll see you around", I muttered. "Okay, again, I'm sorry for telling her and for putting you on the spot for that lesson. Thanks for the help today, you're a real privilege to have around here."

"Don't worry about it", I gave a weak smile before heading off to harrow the indoor. That was the only thing I had to do today, so I got the tractor ready and started. Yes, I'm 16 and I drive the tractor, what about it?

Don't worry, I have a license now, although, I didn't when I drove it for the first time, I think I was like 13 when Mr. Miller allowed me to drive it on my own for the first time. That's kind of what you do at a barn. Drive the tractors around before you're legally allowed to.

Anyway, I attached the arena drag to the tractor before quickly harrowing the indoor since no one was riding there right now. It didn't take me long, maybe 15 minutes.

When I was done, I put the tractor away before saying goodbye to everyone and heading to the tube station. I didn't have to wait long for the tube, they come at like 2-minute intervals. The tube ride also didn't take long and I was quickly back at the orphanage.

"I'm back!" I shouted up to Miss Riley who was most likely up in her office. But to my surprise, she popped her head out of the kitchen. "So you didn't die today either?" She joked. "Nope, not today", I laughed.

She worries about me a lot when I'm at the barn. We're quite close and as horse riding is quite a dangerous sport, she is often worried I'll hurt myself, especially at the level I ride at.

I have had a lot of riding accidents. Not really bad ones, just some broken ribs, ankles and wrists along with some occasional concussions and bruises. Although, I fell off Luna at an event once and I messed up my spine. I was in the hospital for 2 months, unable to walk.

It took a lot of rehab for me to be able to ride again, both mentally and physically, falling off a horse is very scary and it can be terrifying to get back on, but it's important to do it.

Anyway, enough rambling. My point is that riding is a dangerous sport and Miss Riley worries about me.

"So what are you doing in the kitchen?" I asked. "I made some lunch if you want some, I assume you're hungry", she stated. "Oh you have no idea, I'm starving", I laughed, taking a seat by the table which was already set.

Miss Riley had made some delicious omelettes on toast, which I wasted no time in digging into. She had already eaten, so she just sat down by the table with me, a cuppa tea in hand.

"So did anything interesting happen today at the barn?" She asked me. I was about to say no on autopilot, but then I remembered that THE Elizabeth Olsen came to the barn today. "Actually yes", I said in between mouthfuls, to which she raised an eyebrow to, waiting for an explanation.

"You know Elizabeth Olsen right?" I asked. "Yea, that actress you're obsessed with", Miss Riley answered. "Yeah, that's her. Well, she was at the barn today. She had a lesson and I helped her", I told her, not going too much into detail.

"That's cool! Sounds like you had fun then", Miss Riley shot me a smile which I returned. We did some more general small talk until I was finished with my food. "Thank you so much for the omelettes, they were delicious", I complimented her.

"Of course honey", she smiled. "If you're not too busy, could you perhaps go to the post office and fetch a parcel for me, if that's not too much bother?" Miss Riley kindly asked me. "Of course, I was planning on heading to the gym anyway, so I can just pop by, that's not a problem", I said.

------------------------------

Hiya! How are y'all doing? Sorry for updating a little late today, today has been a lot for me and Wattpad wasn't on the top of my list of priorities. But, I got it done finally, so here's another chapter for you guys!

If you have any questions, ideas, feedback or just need someone to talk to, feel free to leave a comment or message me, I'm always open to message and I enjoy talking to you guys :)

This is your reminder to make sure to eat something today. Stay hydrated and don't over-work yourself, you come first, always. Take some time to relax if you need it <3

Love, Frida (the author) xx