Chapter 60: "Back home"

⚠️TW:⚠️ mention of panic attacks and anxiety

—————————————

I    had paid for the pictures   myself, but as soon as Lizzie found out  about it,   she  made sure she   paid for them. Sure, they were a bit  pricey but I   had  enough money  for  them. "You shouldn't be paying  for stuff like   that  Nova!" Was  Lizzie's  argument.

My    protests were in  vain though. When  she has set  her mind to something,    she's  persistent. So Lizzie ended  up paying for  them. I was  looking   through  them and Ally was  practically fangirling at  them.

"You    look so  good gurl!" She  squealed. I swear, she's like  my personal   hype  girl.  Can't really  complain though. I picked some  favourites   which I   posted to  Instagram, obviously tagging the  photographer.

"I    wanna see now", Lizzie told me, holding her  hands out. I handed her   my  phone and her face immediately lit up as she  looked through the    pictures. "You look so pretty bubs!"

My    cheeks immediately  turned red which earned me a giggle from Ally. "I    love these! You  look so in the zone and in your element, I'll have  these   printed and  hung up somewhere!" Lizzie was getting excited.

The    rest  of the trip consisted of Lizzie admiring the pictures of me and    Ally  teasing me as usual. When we made it back to the barn, we pretty    much  just let the horses out into their fields before unpacking.

Lizzie     actually helped us a lot (with a lot of guidance as she didn't know     where anything was supposed to go). I guess I wasn't expecting her to   be   so... nice? I don't know, but like she's an actress, a pretty   famous   one at that.

  A lot  of famous people are not willing to  get their  hands dirty with  stuff  like this, but m- I mean Lizzie didn't seem  to mind. She  seemed very  down-to-earth  and like a beautiful human  being.

"Let    me grab that for you", she extended her  arms out for the   mud-covered  boots I was carrying. "It's fine, you'll  get your hands   dirty."

"I don't care, you should go sit down bubba, your shoulder needs rest."

"I'm fine", I tried. "Don't play with me Novella. Go sit down, I'll take care of your shoulder when we get home okay?"

"Oooooooh     full name Novs, better watch out!" Ally teased me. "Oh shut up", I     laughed. Accepting defeat, I went and sat down on some random hay bale     and watched them clear the rest of the van out.

"Ready    to go  home?" Lizzie asked me when everything was cleaned out. "Yeah,    thanks  for the help", I said sheepishly. "Of course, it was fun! I'm    proud of  you honey, always know that."

The   trip home was pretty  silent  except for the quiet music coming out of   the speakers. "Have a  shower  and then I'll come and take a look at  your  shoulder yeah?" I  nodded,  too tired to argue.

After   my rather quick shower, I  found  myself sitting on my bed in just my  bra  as Lizzie applied the  cream to  my shoulder after having a look at  it.  She concluded it was  fine and we  didn't need to go to the ER.

I swear, she was thinking about it for a second!

My     arms were wrapped around my stomach and my leg was bouncing  anxiously    up and down. I know Lizzie wasn't looking at me, but I  couldn't help   but  feel self-conscious. "And all done!" Lizzie put the  cream away.

"You're    beautiful bubba", she whispered to me  as she squeezed my hand before    leaving me to get dressed. A small  smile ghosted my lips as I got    dressed.

The   evening  wasn't anything incredibly special.  Well, I mean, I was  spending  it  with an actress and a musician which I  had been adopted  by, so I   guess that's pretty special. But all in all,  Lizzie just  ended up   gushing about the weekend to Robbie who was very  interested  in hearing   more about it.

We   then watched a  movie before I fell  asleep on the sofa. Someone must   have carried me  upstairs because I  woke up in my own bed. That or I   sleepwalk.

The    next  week was fine. Nothing major happened. Some panic attacks and     nightmares, some movie nights, some time spent at the barn, you get the     gist. Okay, the nightmares and panic attacks had increased like they     always do this time of year.

Why   Nova, you might ask   yourself. What's happening? Well, my birthday is   approaching. That's   good right though? Wrong. I hate my birthday, and   believe me, I have  my  reasons. I don't think Lizzie and Robbie know my   birthday, and I  think  it's best if it just stays that way.

———————————

We've got some drama on the way 😈😈

Sorry for the kinda late update, I've been really busy today. I hope you're doing okay, take care <3

Love, Frida xx