Chapter 48: "Fun"

Lizzie is just a mood ^^

⚠️TW:⚠️ mention of self-harm and abuse

—————————————

"If you ever feel the urge, please tell me, we're going to get through this together okay?"

"But-"

"No buts. I want to be here to help you. This isn't something you should go through alone", I made it clear that I wanted to help her. "I'll try", she mumbled. "That's all I ask."

When I started rubbing up and down her back, I noticed her tense up at certain places. Before I could ask her, she beat me to it. She noticed me looking at her, so she decided to just tell me.

"My father used to have fun on my back", she sighed. When I gave her a questioning look, she continued. "I know you want to know." "Yeah I do, but I'm afraid I don't quite understand what you mean when you say that he had fun." I had a bad feeling about this.

She hadn't told me about her father, but since she was at the orphanage, I had just kind of assumed he was dead. Maybe not.

"I'm not really in the mood to talk about it, it's too early for all of this. Just look yourself", she mumbled, burying herself in my chest once again. "Are you sure baby?" She nodded. "I need words."

"Yeah I don't mind, you'll find out at some point anyway." "Okay, grab my hand if you feel uncomfortable okay?" I made sure she understood this was going to happen on her terms. I slowly lifted her shirt up to reveal her back, and tears began to sting my eyes as soon as I saw her back.

Rows upon rows of large precise scars, going from one side of her back to the other. I wasn't sure who her father was, but I despised him already. Who could ever do this to someone? I put her shirt down again, noticing she had been clenching and unclenching her fist, almost as if she wanted to grab my hand.

"Where is your father now?"

"In jail."

"Good", was all I managed to say. My voice wasn't to be trusted, I had way too many strong emotions circling inside me right now. "Don't beat yourself up over all of this, because I know you're doing it", Nova suddenly said, taking me by surprise.

"It's not your fault and it's in the past."

I nodded to show her I understood, still not trusting my voice.

We lay there for a while, just relaxing and enjoying each other's presence. It was eventually time to get up though. We parted ways to get dressed. I just put on some comfy clothes before going downstairs to make some breakfast.

Robbie had left a note on the kitchen counter, stating he was at the studio and to call him if we needed anything. He had made some breakfast scones for us to eat, so I cut up one before putting some butter, cheese and cucumber on it.

I know some Brits, okay, a lot of Brits eat beans and sausage for breakfast with scrambled eggs, scones and some other stuff, but I just can't bring myself to eat beans for breakfast. Come on, beans? That's just plain weird.

Even weirder than my anchovy toast. Like at least my toast tastes good. Anchovies on toast is normal, right?

My train of thought was interrupted by Nova who came downstairs, sporting a similar outfit to mine. A hoodie and sweats.

I noticed her look around for Robbie, so I told her that he wasn't here. "If you're looking for Robbie, he's at the studio", I informed her. "Okay, thanks", she smiled.

"Do you maybe want some breakfast?" I asked. "Robbie made some breakfast scones, but if you want something else, that's not a problem." "Scones are just fine thanks, I'll probably just put some cheese and ham on it or something."

We eventually sat at the kitchen island in comfortable silence. "So, I was thinking we should go shopping for you", I said out of the blue. "Oh no it's fine, I have everything I need", Nova was quick to decline the offer.

"No but seriously, I want to be able to treat you to something and clothes seem like a good start. Some more clothes wouldn't hurt."

"It's Sunday today though, so the stores are closed. I have work and you have school tomorrow, so that leaves the afternoon, but I'm not sure if any of us really fancy going shopping after a long day. So I was thinking we could maybe do some online shopping if you're up for that", I suggested.

"It's okay, I don't need anything", she still tried to decline. "How about we just look, and if something catches your eye and you want it, we'll get it okay?" Nova seemed to give up because she just nodded. Happy with my small victory, I shot her a smile before finishing my scone.

We cleaned up together after Nova refused to let me do it alone. "So, do you have any plans for today except the barn and some shopping?" I asked her once the kitchen was clean. "I was thinking about going to the gym to box for a bit. I've got a lot of pent-up emotions and I don't want to end up exploding at the wrong person", she explained.

"Yeah because you do some boxing and mixed martial arts right? I remember you mentioning that. Do you want me to drive you?" I asked. "It's okay, I'll take the tube."

"Are you sure?" She nodded. "Remember, I've lived for a couple years off the tube, no one has ever driven me anywhere, I'll be fine." "I know, I just get overprotective I guess, I don't want anything happening to you in public", I explained.

"That makes sense and I appreciate the concern, but I'll be just fine", Nova smiled before going upstairs to change. She came back in gym attire which covered both her legs and back. I had never noticed that she never wore anything that revealed her legs or back.

----------------------------------------------------

Heyyyyy!!

How are we doing?

It's been a long day and I'm too tired to function, but make sure you take care of yourself okay?

Okay, I'm gonna go get some sleep, bye 👋

Love, Frida xx