Chapter 58: "Placing"

SHES SO STUNNING AAFUSHBAJNSSJJSSBS ^^^

Anyway....

⚠️TW:⚠️ injury

———————————-

"Have  you looked at it?" The paramedic asked. "We have, it's not    that bad,  just bruised", I explained. "Not bad my ass", Lizzie said    under her  breath, but we both heard her nonetheless. "I can move it!" I    defended  myself.

"We all  have different opinions on what   is  classified as fine, but you're up and  standing. None of you are in    hysterics either, so I'll take that as a  good sign", the paramedic    joked. "I'm Jessica by the way", she  introduced herself.

"I'm     Elizabeth and this is Nova", Lizzie smiled. "Well, Nova, could I   maybe   take a look at this shoulder of yours?" Jessica asked. "Sure", I     shrugged as best as I could, wincing slightly. "Again, just proving   my   point", Lizzie commented.

"Oh my god..."

Jessica  led   us  inside the little tent they had set up so that we could have  some   more  privacy. "Are you okay with taking your shirt off so that I  can   take a  better look at your shoulder?"

"Yeah  that's fine." With a bit  of struggle, I managed to get it off. "Great,  you can just take a seat  there", she gestured to some chairs. "Your mum  can sit next to you if  you want that, or if she wants to", Jessica  kindly told us.

I was too busy with sitting down to notice Lizzie's face light up at Jessica calling her my mum.

We   both sat down and Lizzie began anxiously tapping her leg on the  ground.  "I'm fine, relax", I tried calming her down. "We don't know  that!" "It  doesn't look too bad", Jessica butted in. "See?"

"However, I'll have to look at it first", Jessica finished. "But it's not anything fatal, no one is going to die today."

"Okay,   first of all, can you move your shoulder for me?" Jessica asked,   standing beside me. I moved it as best as I could, but not without   wincing in pain. "Great thank you."

"I'll just touch it and you tell me if it hurts okay?"

Jessica   continued on with her exam and concluded that nothing was broken, it   was just bruised. She recommended I keep it as still as possible for a   week, applying a cream twice a day which was supposed to help with the   bruising.

"Thank  you so much, where do I pay?" Lizzie asked,  holding up her card. "Umm...  you don't? It was just a simple exam and  I'm sure you have insurance",  Jessica answered, confused. "Wait I don't  pay?"

"No."

"We're not in the states", I reminded her. "I know, it's just unfamiliar to me."

"Anyway,   thank you so much Jessica", Lizzie thanked her. "Of course! It's my   job!" We then left to go find some sort of screen to see the results.   The cross-country was now finished, at least for my class.

Ally's   class was a lot bigger so they were still at it. Lizzie found the   results first, and let out a little squeal. "You did it!" I did what?   Hold on... I was first! "You won! I'm so proud of you bubba!"

"Thank   you..." was all I managed to say. "Come on! We have to get ready for   the prize giving!" She practically dragged me (being somewhat mindful of   my shoulder) to the stables. I was met with Ally who came up to me and   gave me a hug.

"You did it, good job Novs!"

Next   were Ally's parents before MK and Ashley came. MK had already gotten   Luna ready, so I just had to change. Before I could do that, however,   Rose came crashing into me. "Yah won!" She squealed.

"Looks   like I did", I giggled at the adorable human being currently attached to my legs. After being congratulated by Scarlett as well, I went to go   change back into my show clothes. I still can't get over the face that   I've met Scarlett Johansson.

Neither can Ally by the looks of it. I had caught her a few times just admiring her. To be honest, I have too though.

Anyway,   I got changed into the full fancy dressage outfit for the prize  giving.  MK gave me a leg up and polished my boots before we left. It  was a  great walk to the prize giving. A lot of people congratulated me  and  wanted pictures, so it took a while.

I  had competed in  the highest class here at Northampton today, so our  prize giving was  like the main event for people to watch. We got  "backstage" where some  crew members put the winners blanket on Luna, with a  little struggle.

There   was a lot going on, so Luna got a bit restless. People were running   around, fixing stuff, and it stressed her out a bit. I tried my best to   calm her down, but with Ally giving her head scratches, she ended up   being fine.

I  talked a bit with the people in second and  third place. We all  congratulated each other before making some small  talk. They were both a  lot older than me, and more experienced. They  also had fancy  warmbloods, while I was here on the off-the-track  thoroughbred.

Either  way, they were both really nice, so we  ended up having a nice  conversation. It was then time for us to ride  out, me first. We walked  to the middle of the arena and stood in a  line, me in the middle.

We  got our medals and rosettes, along  with having some pictures taken.  Then it was time for the best part,  the lap of honour. Basically, you  just canter around the arena. So we  did just that, with me in front once  again.

I took a  lap,  smiling widely and with one hand in the air. We then walked back  out to  where my squad was waiting. "Tha' was so cool!" Rose squealed.  "When  yah rode wit one hand!"

"You looked so beautiful bubba!" Lizzie came up to me. "I cannot believe how talented you are, I'm so proud of you!"

And   with that, we walked back out to find a better background for the   pictures Lizzie wanted to take. Let me tell you, she's such a mum.   Always ranting about being safe, wanting to document anything and   everything...

"Okay,  so if you get her over there, yeah with the  field in the background.  Yup, stand right there and then give me a big  old smile!" Lizzie  instructed me from behind her phone. I did as she  asked, trying my best  to keep a straight face.

Ally  was  laughing her ass off about me being bossed around by Lizzie. After a   few (a lot) of pictures, Lizzie made me get off and stand next to Luna.   "Okay, same smile, look this way bubba."

———————————————

How are we doing today??

I've had a great week, I went and looked at this boarding school I might attend next year. It's like a boarding school with horses, so I actually got to try one of them. His name is Simba and he's adorable

 His name is Simba and he's adorable

Here's Simba ^^

Anyway, I hope you had a good week, take care <3

Love, Frida xx