Chapter 59: "Packing"

⚠️TW:⚠️ none I think, lemme know if there are any :)

-------------------------------------

And with that, we walked back out to find a better background for the pictures Lizzie wanted to take. Let me tell you, she's such a mum. Always ranting about being safe, wanting to document anything and everything...

"Okay, so if you get her over there, yeah with the field in the background. Yup, stand right there and then give me a big old smile!" Lizzie instructed me from behind her phone. I did as she asked, trying my best to keep a straight face.

Ally was laughing her ass off about me being bossed around by Lizzie. After a few (a lot) of pictures, Lizzie made me get off and stand next to Luna. "Okay, same smile, look this way bubba."

After what felt like an eternity, Lizzie was finally done. "Mamaaaaaaa... can me sit on da horsie please?" I heard Rose ask. Is she talking about Luna? And sure enough, Rose was looking at Luna with starstruck eyes.

"If it's okay with Nova", Scarlett shrugged. "Novieeeeee can me sit on your horsie?" Rose asked me with puppy eyes. "How can I say no to that face?" I laughed. "Me can?" "Sure, if you want to."

I lifted Rose up and she sat up there with the biggest grin on her face. "Mama look! Me is sitting on da horsie!"

After Rose finished being adorable, we made our way back and untacked Luna. I put her in her stable with some food before getting changed myself. It was getting a bit late, and since Ally and I were going to sleep in the horsebox, we didn't have much planned except just chilling, maybe watching a movie or something.

Scarlett, Rose, Ashley and MK all left, not without congratulating me though. Lizzie decided she would stay the night and help us pack up in the morning. "You really don't have to you know", I tried to defend.

"I know, but I want to. You're my daughter now and I want to be able to do stuff like this for you." Lizzie actually ended up befriending Ally's parents. After they got over the initial shock of me being adopted by a freaking actress, they got along well.

So yeah. Ally and I spent the evening hand-grazing the horses while the adults talked. They occasionally came over with food for us and Lizzie checked up on us every once in a while, but for the most part, they just sat in the horsebox and talked.

And if you're wondering how the hell we're going to sleep in a horse trailer, I'll go ahead and explain it cus it gets confusing. So first of all, the trailer has living in it. This means that there are two "compartments". One for the horses and one for the humans.

There's like a couch, a kitchen, cabinets, that kinda stuff. There are a few bunk beds and you can also pull some beds out. All in all, there's normally space for four people to sleep there, and then someone can also sleep across where you sit when you drive. You just take the seats down and voila.

So yeah, we're not sleeping in horse shit if that's what you're thinking. Easy mistake to make.

We ate some dinner at a nearby restaurant before calling it a night. It had been a big weekend with a lot of firsts. I had met new people I knew would be in my life a lot more. Ally had competed at a higher level for the first time. I had won the 120 for the first time.

I slept next to Lizzie in the pull-out bed while Ally and her mum took the bunk beds and her dad took the drivers area. Somehow, I ended up cuddled into Lizzie and I woke to her gently combing her hands through my hair, making sure she wasn't holding me.

Due to that, I didn't felt like I was being suffocated and I didn't end up panicking like I did last time. "Good morning bubba", I heard Lizzie's raspy morning voice. "Good morning", I mumbled half awake, nuzzling further into her.

She kissed my head and I could feel her smile. "Sleep well?" I nodded sleepily. "Yeah, my shoulder just hurts a bit", I mumbled. "Do you want to sit up?" Lizzie offered. "I'm good right here thanks."

Lizzie let out a little laugh but allowed me to stay where I was. We did eventually have to get up though. The morning sun peeked through the windows, an indicator it was time to get up. As everyone slowly woke up, we got ready for the day.

With getting ready, I mean putting on the comfiest clothes and going out to the stables. We fed the horses before getting some breakfast at some cafe thingy. After some food, I was feeling a lot more awake, so I got started on packing the horsebox.

Lizzie was still in a morning coma, so she just sat in some random chair with a cup of coffee. Ally and I had everything packed in no time, so everything that remained was getting the horses. Having never seen horses being loaded onto the van before, Lizzie perked up a bit.

I love how excited she gets over random things. It's pretty cute. Ally got Luna on first before I loaded Luna as well. We checked out, and just like that, we were on the 1-hour journey back.

Ally's father was driving, so the rest of us were just chilling in the back. I was on my phone as I had just received the photos from the photographer. At a lot of competitions, there are photographers who take photos of everyone and you can pay to get the pictures.

I had paid for them myself, but as soon as Lizzie found out about it, she made sure she paid for them. Sure, they were a bit pricey but I had enough money for them. "You shouldn't be paying for stuff like that Nova!" Was Lizzie's argument.

My protests were in vain though. When she has set her mind to something, she's persistent. So Lizzie ended up paying for them. I was looking through them and Ally was practically fangirling at them.

"You look so good gurl!" She squealed. I swear, she's like my personal hype girl. Can't really complain though. I picked some favourites which I posted to Instagram, obviously tagging the photographer.

--------------------------------------------------

Hiya!

This book has 100k reads!!!

That's absolutely crazy, thank you so much!!!

I want to thank you for reading this, it really means the world to me. I'm always blown away from the feedback, support and nice comments. I also really love hearing how your day or week has been, it's a nice little escape from reality.

Anyway, I won't get all sappy on you today, take care, I love you all so much <3

Love, Frida xx