Chapter 1: The Beginning

Lucky's pov

I lay on the side of my bed looking at my sons who are sleeping. How can my love be alive? After all these years how did she not remember me? How did she not come home? Nothing adds up anymore her being in the arms of Marco not after everything he put her through.

Vincenzo said she flat lined they tried to bring her back but couldn't. What if these pictures aren't even real? What if they are real? Giovanni stirs around grabbing his elephant for dear life. I notice the discomfort on his face and my heart breaks. He shoots up and tears fall out of his eyes. He cries loudly looking around the room. I pick him up, placing him on my lap rubbing his back. "What's wrong Gio?"  He cries into my chest holding the elephant his mother gave to him.

His favorite person in the whole world

"I miss mama" He says, his grey eyes full of hurricanes, the small orbs look into mine full of sadness. I wish he knew how much I missed her. "Giovanni don't cry mama misses you too" I wipe his face trying to get him to calm down. It works a little bit, his breaths starting to even out. Luciano still stays spread out sleeping, not waking up. He must be extremely tired because he usually wakes up. Giovanni is the heavy sleeper. "Tell her to come back" His lip quivers as more tears roll down his face.

"I think mama wants to come back, she just lost her way home." Gio hugs me tightly, his eyes starting to droop, tears still streaming down his face. "Go to sleep, I'll still be here when you wake up"  He closes his eyes, falling asleep again. I lay him down as he holds onto me tightly rubbing his back hoping he sleeps through the night again.

It's not rare that he does this. He'll wake up in the middle of the night crying for Athena. Luciano sleeps fine, that doesn't mean he doesn't ask for her. When we came home today Santo went straight to the bar drinking straight from the bottle. Aurora didn't even fight him; she just went to bed.

I should check on him.

Getting out of the bed I lay Giovanni down next to his brother pulling the blanket covering them both. Lightly closing the door. The dogs stay in their bed Santo sits on the couch 4 bottles of bourbon gone as he drinks his fifth. "Santo it's 4 am you need sleep come on" He doesn't reply he just takes another swing.

I sat next to him. He passes me a bottle and I take a swing from it. He knows that I need it. The feeling burning down my throat and my blood welcomes it jumping for joy. "She's fucking alive" He fianlly says a tear rolling down his cheek. "Why didn't she come back?" I ask myself that same fucking question.

"Santo I don't know we'll figure out why. I wish I had an answer right now but I don't" He takes the bottle again taking long sips of it. My heart breaks seeing him like this but my heart is even more broken after seeing those pictures. The pictures are real, I know it is. Right now they're going through authentication but I know deep down it's real.

Nothing is adding up right now. How is she alive if she flatlined? They couldn't bring her back. Who is sitting in the casket where my love is supposed to be. I miss her. I miss my bambina. The women who taught me what love is. The women who made me want to stay alive. The women who gave me my family.

Now it's missing a part of it because she's not here. I need my bambina back. The only reason I didn't join her in heaven was because of my family but now hearing she's alive kills me even more. How would she react to seeing me or the kids again? To see her brothers again?

She doesn't look happy in any of the pictures. She wants to be taken away and saved. What's stopping her from leaving? She left Marco before I don't understand why she would go back. She cried herself to sleep after telling me what she had to go through. I held her tightly telling her it wasn't her fault.