Chapter 8: Conference Room 9

Lucky pov

We sit in conference room 9 waiting for Marco to arrive. I sit at the head of the table while Santo sits on my right. Mia sits on my left down the line Adriano, Alessandro. Agosto, Angelo, Leo and Enzo. "Lucky, Marco and Dante have arrived with the special person. They are currently being disarmed. Do you need me to make sure of anything else?" He asks if I don't think of anything.

"If she has her hair braided make sure it's unbraided and that you can run your hands through clean" Mia says Jimmy nods going out. Blades in her hair sounds right. I pour myself another glass of whiskey and take a drink from it. The door opens Marco walks through the door first then behind him is Dante lastly my love walks in hidden through a scarf that covers everything but her eyes. Those eyes that hold the tightest grip on my heart. I feel myself falling in love over and over again.

I wrote the agreement with Dante on the phone. Marco's not going to read it thoroughly. On the document it now says that his people can and will be unmasked whenever it is asked. "Do you want to jump right into this?" I ask him as he nods , sliding the document to him. I feel the tension in the room thicken. My eyes stay locked on the grey ones who stare back into mine. Dante smirks at the both of us humming while drinking from his cup. "Is it the same as before?" Marco asks

"I added a few things you know extra perks for the both of us to succeed" He takes out his pen singing the 9 pages I need him too. Idiot didn't even see that I could make him show me my love whenever I wanted. "Now as your top assian I need to know everything" Santo sit's up in his seat finally getting more in the conversation.

"A year and a half of intense training, which by all means the deadliest person for anyone to ever experience. She's the only female worker that I have that isn't there for pleasure. Her rates started at 35 million but the highest it went was 200 million. The mask never comes off anyone who's ever seen her face besides me, Dante, and Arianna who couldn't join us today." He slides the document now signed to me.

Talk about having her maksed he just signed off all rights to her to me. "We have a mission coming up and need her to be there" Alessandro stirs the brown liquid in his cup looking at Marco. Athena's eyes stayed glued on Vincenzo's and Mia's an angry look in them. They turn darker and darker by the second as if they're holding back from doing anything. "As I said, rates start off at 35 million" Dante makes Athena open her hand. It was turning white as to how hard she was gripping it.

"Dear old friend, you'll be on this mission too. Don't tell me you haven't checked your shipments. At least 3 of yours have been stolen." Marco looks at his files, his eyes widening once he's the shipments out of place. "When do we go in?" He says not wanting in now on this mission.

Alessandro and Santo explain it all to him. I sit back looking around for any small detail I could have missed. Athena is taking deep breaths as if she is trying to calm herself down. "We'll go in in 3 weeks at 12 pm" Santo says, pouring another glass of whiskey in his cup. He slowly takes a drink, putting it back down quickly. Marco starts making many ideas as to how we can go in but Alessandro and Adriano shoot him down quickly. They explain how we are supposed to go in, Marco agrees.

"We'll be in contact" He drinks the last bit of what's in his cup. Dante does the same handing Athena the cup she touches it putting her prints on the cup. Marco walks out with Athena behind him Dante leaves the cup there nodding his head before he leaves.

Grabbing a napkin I put it in a ziplock bag giving it to Jimmy to have it run through the lab to put it in our files. A paper trail for everything is the most important thing. Mia stays quiet pouring herself another glass of wine. Santo lets out a deep breath leaning back on the chair leaving his phone on the table. The bottle on the table is finished quickly. I stay with the same glass that I had.