Chapter 2: Get Better

Athena's pov

I rub the cool cream on the fresh cut wincing at the pain. Marco blacked out and of course took it out on me. It wasn't as bad this time, it could have been worse. Right now he's sleeping peacefully as if nothing happened. I hold my tears in doing the rest of my bruises. "It'll be okay he'll get better" I tell myself in the mirror wiping my face.

Putting the bandages on it I wrap it tightly so it won't get infected. I'm a little hungry so maybe I can get something to eat real quick. Softly stepping out of the room I close the door lightly running downstairs. Hopefully Dante and Arianna aren't here. The first time they saw my bruises they told Marco to stop that same night I was beaten unconscious. I asked them not to tell him anything anymore, I hate the pity.

If I could i'd run away, I would have done it a while ago but my family doesn't want me. Marco saved me. They left in the hospital to die. Not even Vincenzo or Bianca tried and they graduated school early to be in the medical field. That still hurts me even after all these years.

What sucks more is that it's been two years and I still have no memory.  It'll come back eventually maybe. The anniversary of two years was filled of nothing but tears then I ended the night fucking Dante. At least he made me orgasm more than once and in different ways. That's something he's extra good at. "Reginetta, where are you?"  I hear Marco's raspy voice says when I come inside. Thankfully I brought up another cup of water and headache medicine. "I was getting you water Marco" He sat up on the bed taking it from my hands along with the medicine.

I lay back down slowly trying not to hurt my side anymore than it is. The other buries haven't healed so this hurts even more. "Why does your face look like it's hurt?" Marco asks, putting his water down. I'm trying to put it in the nicest way possible. "The side of my stomach hurts, it's nothing" He lifts up my shirt seeing the white wrap around the bruises and faint cuts. He rubs it thinking he's making it better but it just hurts more. His rough hands sink deeper into my side. I bite the bottom of my lip trying not to show it hurts.

"I'm sorry Reginetta I was angry I won't do it again. I'll get better" That's exactly what he said last time. "No it's okay I shouldn't have made you mad" I give him my best fake smile. Luckily he believes it pulling me closer to his side. My body aches in more pain but I cover it up.

I don't feel safe in his arms, I haven't felt safe in his arms since I was 18. Even then I could see him acting differently and pulling away. "Sleep reginetta you will have to train tomorrow" His lips press against my temples the feeling that's supposed to make my skin tingle feels foregin. It feels unwanted. His arms wrap around my body making it hard for me to wiggle out. I stare at the ceiling wondering if the universe really hates me.

All I want is to finally be happy but happiness never works out for me. Marco loosens his grip on my waist allowing me to move around. On the side of the bed I grab the small white ziplock bag emptying it out of the dresser. I line up 3 straight lines holding the side of my nose inhaling the white crystals. Feeling it hit my blood stream my body relaxes wanting more. I'll get some more later. Right now I need sleep.

Turning away from the window I close my eyes dreaming of what will always be a dream.

Lucky's pov

I go into Giovanni's room hearing him cry again. He's been crying a lot more lately at night. This is the third time today. "Hey Gio what's wrong" I sat on his bed lifting him up tears streamed down his face rapidly he can't make out words. "Look at me Gio breath I need you to breathe" Santo comes in alerted seeing his younger brother not being able to breath or stop crying. 

"Santo go bring me cold water and a wet napkin" He nods running to go get it. Gio continues to cry now starting to hyperventilate. His eyes filling up with fear I put my hand on his chest hearing his heartbeat way too quick. "Fuck" I sit him on the floor stoping his shaking body from moving. Santo comes back in with water and napkins. Gio can't even hold the cup properly. I run the napkins across his face "Your alright Gio no one here is going to hurt you" He coughs loudly I hold the water letting him drink some.

Slowly he drinks it. I feel his heart rate go down and he stops hyperventilating. "Santo go back to sleep I got it" He looks hesitant before agreeing. I hold Gio rubbing his back trying to keep him calm. Hopefully he'll sleep through the rest of the night. "What happened bud?" I ask him and he looks at me with sad eyes.

"The monster that got mommy came back and took you and Santo. Mommy is still trying to come home but he's holding her. I don't want them to take you too" He lets out a few more tears I sigh , wiping his face. "Gio mommy's going to come home soon I promise I'll get her back from the monster. I'm not going anywhere Santo isn't going anywhere Luciano and Rory aren't going anywhere either. It's okay to cry but I also need you to breathe alright Gio" He nods and I help him take deep breaths. 

"There you go see you got it" I put my hand out for him to high five it he does giving me a small smile. "Daddy when is mommy coming home?" My heart drops seeing him holding back more tears thinking of his mom. I miss her too, Giovanni. "Daddy tell her to come home I miss her" I rub his back calming him down. I'm stuck in a place I don't know how to get out of.

"Giovanni she's coming home soon I don't know when but soon" He tries to hold back his tears nodding his head. "Do you want to sleep with me today?" He shakes his head no again. Picking him up I lay him back down wrapping him in his blanket. "Daddy can I have a picture of her?" Gio's soft voice asks.

Quickly going out of the room I take one of the pictures we have many of. It's from Giovanni's first birthday. It's a picture of only the  two of them. He smiles brightly in it, holding onto his favorite person for dear life. "You want this one?" I show him it, he nods , taking it and placing it next to his pillow. I stay with him until he falls asleep leaving his door open incase of anything.

Walking back to my room I lay on the bed that feels so big now looking up at the blank ceilings. I haven't gotten proper sleep in two years. It doesn't even bother me anymore. I never slept well without Athena. His soft skin curled into mine as she held me close. I stroked her hair out of her face kissing her forehead. Nothing is the same here without Athena.

I know it sounds weird but sometimes I'd spray her perfume on the pillow holding it just so I could feel like I'm holding her again. I can't sleep so I might as well do something else. Grabbing my car keys I go in quickly driving out of the property. Making my way to the cemetery I park near where my parents are. Athena's parents are right next to them as well. They all were the best of friends; they all died holding onto their soulmates.

"Hey mom hey dad I know I know I shouldn't be here and I should be sleeping but I couldn't get this off my mind. Giovanni's starting to cry more and more at night for Athena. I planned on telling them soon she wasn't alive until I found out she was. My wife is fucking alive and I don't know what to do. Why hasn't she come home yet? Did she not care enough to at least send a note? Nothing is adding up right now. I need Athena to function. I'm slowly losing myself. I don't know how much more I could take. Staying strong for my kids is the most important thing right now but it's so much to hold in. My heart has this weight on it that only she can take off.

Only she can fix this pain. I do know that until the day I die I won't stop fighting for her. I won't stop until she's in my arms again because I made a promise to keep her safe and I won't break it. Well technically I did break it already but I didn't know she was alive so it doesn't count.

I'm getting my soulmate back"

---------------

Hey guys

So now you have a view on Marco and Athena

Q/A~ when do you think Athena will remember?

1594 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3