Chapter 40: Breaking Point

Chapter 40 and 41 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

---------------------

Santo pov

I throw cold water on my face trying to calm down. It's been a month since dad got kidnapped. We saw it on footage but everything after that has been deleted. Dante contacted me the other day saying he's doing what he can to get them out of there. I've been keeping my end up day and night making sure everyone makes it out alive.

I feel a pair of arms wrap around my body. I hold Rory's hand feeling comfort in it. "You are doing great Santo. Do not beat yourself up, it wasn't your fault. You are so close to getting them back" She tells me I turn around leaning on the countertop. She hugs me tightly, placing a kiss on my cheek.

I wouldn't be sane if it wasn't for Rory

She jumps up hearing a glass fall down. I close my eyes letting out a deep breath "do you want me to help you?" She offers, I shake my head no. "I got it baby just wait for me in the room" I place a kiss on her forehead she smiles looking up at me.

Going out of the bathroom I go into the kitchen seeing Luciano sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest looking at the glass on the floor. "I'm sorry I didn't mean too" He says when I start picking it up. His voice is shaky like he is ready to break down at any moment. I quickly pick up the glass disposing of it making sure none is left on the floor. "I know you didn't mean to, that's why I'm not yelling at you" I sat on the floor next to him.

He rested his head on my arm, wiping his face. "You know you can tell me anything right?" He nods, biting his bottom lip. "Luciano, talk to me please. I don't know what else you want me to do. I can't help you without knowing what's wrong" He finally lets out his tears, his small body shaking.

I hug him and he holds on to me tightly. He holds onto me as if when he lets go I'll disappear. He's scared because dad hasn't come back. Scared because he thinks dad will never come back.

He is at his breaking point

He barely leaves his room, he doesn't eat anymore, he doesn't smile, he's not Luciano. He's not the little boy who is always hyper or has an answer for everything.

"Santo he's never coming back. He's never coming back. I don't have no one." He cries in pain. I hold him close, hugging him tightly. There is no proper way to deal with this. Even if I did, would I be the right person to say anything?

"Luciano I can promise you they are both coming back. He went to go get her. He'll be back. I know he will."

"He said the same thing about mom and she hasn't been back in two years"

"I know Luciano but it's going to take time to get her back. It's been two years because he needed to save her. They both are coming home really soon. I'm not going to lie to you it could be another month, maybe a few but before December 31st they will be home. It's only June we still have a long time to go"

"Santo I don't like broken promises"

"Have I ever broken a promise to you?" He shakes his head no. I wiped his face, hating to see him cry. I hate to see anyone I love cry. It makes me feel like I failed at making sure they are happy.

I know everyone can't always be happy but I want them to be close to it.

His face is red and puffy as he takes deep breaths trying to calm down. "It's okay Luciano, I promise they'll come back home. Both of them will then we'll all be together again." I tell him he nods, looking more calm. I helped him up by sitting him on top of the island counter. I get him a glass of water standing next to him.