Chapter 58: Always Safe

Athena's pov

I wake up feeling Giovanni on my side holding onto me tightly. I lay him on my chest putting the bed up. Lucky comes back in the room with Luciano holding a bag full of food. "Good morning bambina" He smiles, placing a kiss on my lips. "Good morning Amore" He places the bag down on the tray. Luicano sits next to him and he takes Gio from me, letting me go to the bathroom.

Throwing cold water in my face I feel myself waking up more. I brush through my hair feeling a lot more relaxed and human. I look at the cuts on my wrist seeing that they are healing. I don't scar dark but I want to get a tattoo to cover them up when I'm ready.

I don't want to force myself either.

Like Lucky told me it's going to take time. We have to take it day by day and that's what we are going to do. "You okay bambina?" Lucky says knocking on the door. I open it being met with those icy blue eyes that I love so much. "Yeah Amore I'm fine" He places a kiss on my cheek while holding close to him. I hug him tightly and he rubs my back placing a kiss on my head. "Come on bambina let's eat" I nod seeing Gio now awake when I sit back on the bed.

I cross my legs giving them all space to sit with me. Lucky hands me a plate full of food. I look at it taking a deep breath. "My love no one here is going to tell you not to eat. Eat until you know you can't anymore" I nod starting to eat my food. Luciano tells me how he hates school with a passion but loves to play soccer.

"I am my team's co-captain and Damiano is the other co-captain" He smiles brightly while eating a piece of bacon. "That's amazing Luciano. I am so proud of you" I drink some water trying to bring the food down. Slow steps, that's what I need slow steps. I will get better eventually.

Lucky wouldn't put me in harm I know he wouldn't

He wouldn't

Right?

"Bambina it's okay if you're full you don't have to eat anymore" Lucky says, taking me out of my thoughts. I look at the smushed waffle in my plate. He takes the plate from me "Luciano throws this away for me" He nods, throwing the plate away laying on the couch after. He watches a cartoon on his tablet.

Giovanni lays at my feet while Lucky places a kiss on my forehead holding me close to him. "You did amazing Bambina. Don't force yourself to eat to make me happy. I am happy that you at least ate something. Well work on it. Day by day my love" I hug him burying my head in the crook of his neck.

Adriano comes in with Gabriele, Damiano and Federico. Mia walks in behind them eating a donut. "Hi aunt ena how are you?" Gabriele says sitting next to the bed on a chair. Lucky sits next to Luciano while Giovanni sit's on the floor with Rico playing with each other. "I'm better happy that I can go home soon. How are you Gabirele?" He smiles, laying his head on the bed.

"I am so happy about soccer and playing. Daddy bought me new equipment and the coach told me that if I keep up I can be really really famous. Imagine aunt ena playing in a stadium, everyone screaming my name. That's the dream.

"You better not forget about me mr. big shot"

"I could never forget about you, Aunt Ena you're still my favorite" I smile at him and he gives me a tight hug. "Gosh I love you Gabriele"

"I love you more Aunt Ena"

I put my hair back in a ponytail wanting to get it out my face. Maybe I should cut it. Marco always told me to keep it extremely long but I kind of want to cut it. I hope Lucky won't get mad at me. I don't think he would have. Why would he now?

Things are different now though.

I feel the cut's on my wrist start to itch. I scratch them trying to feel something. Maybe if I scratch deep enough it'll bleed again. Maybe I want to bleed again and feel something. I am not completely numb but I know I'm not good enough.

I will never be good enough for Lucky

"Hey hey hey look at me Athena. You're alright no one here is going to hurt you, no one here is mad at you. You are safe now" Lucky takes me out my thoughts holding my wrist. "Deep breaths that's all you need. It's okay deep breaths" He tells me, wiping my face. I rest my forehead on his chest and he holds my shaken body tightly.

He keeps telling me I'm safe and I'm alright. Enzo comes in, giving me something to drink and changing the IV bag. "It will help calm you down" I nod, drinking small sips of it.

I stay on Luckys side the rest of the time talking little to nothing.

Looking at the time it's already 9:30 pm. Even though they don't have school it's good to keep them in a routine because if not getting them back into school is going to be tough. It's going to be tough for Gio anyways he sleeps more than I do. "Alright boys it's time to go home" I tell them but Luciano is already sleeping. "Mommy I don't want to go, I want to stay with you. Mommy please" Tears start to stream down his face breaking my heart.

"Gio it's okay i'm not going anywhere I promise my love."

"Mommy I want to stay with you though please"

"I'll be home in a few days"

"Athena it's alright let him stay. I'll have Santo bring him clothes tomorrow" Lucky tells me while holding a sleeping Luciano. I wipe Gio's face and he hugs me tightly, not letting go. "I'll take him so he can burn his energy out with Gabriele and Damiano tomorrow" Adriano takes Luciano.

I thank him, he tells me it was never a problem. I hold Gio closer to me, rubbing his back. Adriano closes the door leaving me with Lucky and Giovanni. "He's about to sleep in a few minutes," Lucky says, sitting on the edge of the bed. "Yeah most likely you look tired amore you need sleep" He rolls his eyes sitting on the couch.

"I am perfectly find how I am"

"Your falling asleep on the couch"

"I'll be fine bambina"

"Amore come trust me there is enough space for you on here" I move over creating a space for him to lay down. He huffs laying down wrapping his arm around me and gio pulling us closer to him. "See now, was that so hard?" he laughs, shaking his head no.

He places a kiss on my lips rubbing my back "sleep my love" I curl into his chest feeling safe.

I am always safe with Lucky 

-------------

Hey guys

sorry for the small chapter<3

Morelli is really about to end wow

Q/A~When should the 3rd book come out ?

7 chapters left

Next update June 14th

1242 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3