Chapter 41: I Failed At Life

Chapter 40 and 41 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

---------------------

Athena's pov

The hospital light's blind my vision when I try to open my eyes. I groan, turning my head to the side blocking out the light. I feel a hand go on my leg and I jump up feeling a sharp pain on my side. "Woah stay laying down Princess your body needs to relax" Dante says I let out a deep breath relieved to see him.

I put the bed up so I can sit up without hurting my body. My arms are wrapped in gauze. They probably saw the cut's on my wrist. "I need to talk to you about something but not right now how do you feel?" I feel hungry. My head is pounding. I feel weak, a feeling that seems like it is the only thing I can feel. "I feel fine" I tell him he groans making me look at him.

"Athena tell me the truth. I am not Marco I actually care I want to know the good the bad the everything"

"I feel horrible, I feel numb. I don't know how to not feel like this anymore. I can never be happy. There is not a day that goes by that Marco doesn't hit me or fuck me. I tell him to stop. Fuck Dante I tell him to stop her said were married he can take me whenever he wants. I am property to him. He is not the same Marco I fell in love with.

I know I'm not the same girl either but he's worse. He can't even bear to look at me. I asked him about his vacation and I got hit. He's probably with the next bitch right now. I want to go home and plead with my family to take me back but Marco has them. I don't even know why. Marco won't let me go to the warehouse or on missions. Fuck he doesn't even like me going to the backyard.

I'm living in a prison

I can't escape"

Dante looks at me with a hurt expression. He hugs me tightly, not too tight to hurt me though. I hug him back feeling him telling me I'm sorry through the hug. He rubs my back and I rest my head on his shoulder feeling tears come to my eyes. I didn't even think I had any left in me.

I didn't think I had anything left in me.

"I'm so sorry, Athena. I'm so sorry that you have to keep going through this. I want to take your pain but I don't know how to. I need you to remember something, remember anything. Without your memories we are stuck I am trying to let you free but you are the missing piece that we need"

"I'm trying Dante but I want to give up"

"Do not give up Athena. Look at me, you are one of the smartest people I know. You will remember soon I promise you that you will. No matter what before your birthday you will be home. You'll probably hate Arianna and me more though. I don't care as long as you're safe and home with those two little boys happier than ever it'll be worth it. The three of them will have the person they look up too and he'll finally be able to love you"

I don't understand what he's saying. Who is going to be able to hold me? What three boys? This is all too confusing. I don't understand anything going on right now.

Maybe I just hit my head really hard.

"Dante I don't understand"

"I know princess but it'll make sense soon I promise you that it will"

I put my hair up in a ponytail feeling the back of my neck getting sweaty. Dante sat on the edge of the bed with his head hanging low scared to say something. Did something else happen? Did someone die because of me? Did I hurt someone?

All these thoughts running through my head. "What I am about to tell you is something no one would have thought about. When you came in you were beaten badly. They ran scans but couldn't dictate something in your stomach. You could have been pregnant because it was a lot of blood but they also had to operate on your appendix and take it out. They are ruling that your appendix was bursting. You could have been pregnant Athena"