Chapter 6: Do You Ever Cry?

Lucky's pov

As soon as we get home Luciano runs down the stairs hugging me tightly. "Hey bud how are you?" I ask picking him up. "Im okay me and Gabriele played on the playstation Damiano kept losing. Gio was crying though" He says I sigh. He probably was thinking about Athena again. I don't know a time where he isn't thinking about her.

"Alright bud go get ready for bed. I'll go check on Gio" I need to speak to Mia tomorrow. She didn't say anything in the car. She shut down completely and no one could get her to speak. Adriano got the boys and still nothing. Luciano goes into his room changing his clothes. I go check on Gio seeing him sitting in the farthest corner of his room, his knees to his chest, his head on his knees.

Lowering down the light I sit next to him not saying anything. Luciano comes in sitting on my other side resting his head on my side. Giovanni looks up at me, his face a bright red, his eyes puffy, "Do you want to talk about it?" I ask him he sniffles wiping his face "I'm sorry" He says his voice cracks I see him hold back more tears.

"Giovanni, I'm not telling you to say sorry. Don't ever tell me sorry for crying, you should never feel like you have to hide your emotions not around me" I wiped his face letting him rest his head on my other side. I hold them both closer to me "do you ever cry?" Luciano asks while  Gio looks at me waiting for my answer.

Nodding my head they both look shocked. "Now you two aren't the only ones who miss your mother. I miss her so much" Luciano yawns loudly rubbing his eyes. "Daddy can I stay with you today?" Gio asks me, I nod, picking him up. Luciano follows us immediately sleeping after he reaches the bed. Giovanni holds his purple elephant tightly laying on her pillow. He looks a lot more calm now Luciano is sleeping his life away.

I'm surprised he slept so quickly. Usually Gio is the first one to be sleeping. My sleep has turned into shit there were times I'd stay up 48 hours at a time. I know it's not healthy but what can I do? Sleep has been harder now than ever. The first day was when we got the pictures that Athena was alive. Then when we saw her for the first time she turned back to drugs.  Lastly, I saw her get hit over and over again not being able to do anything about it.

I wonder if her dreams were in it? Does she think her dreams are only dreams and not memories from a life she has no clue about. Tomorrow Luciano has a soccer game with Damiano and Gabriele. I asked Gio if he wanted to join or do anything. His exact words were until mommy doesn't come home and see me play I won't do it. He's persistent about it too. He'll just sit cheering his brother on or playing on his tablet. Gabriele keeps asking about Athena. He's one of her only nephews to remember her vividly.

After all she treated him like her other kid. Before Mia had Damiano and Federico it was her and Gabriele doing everything. He just keeps telling me do you think she's proud of me? When is she coming back? She promised that she'd see me. I didn't have the heart to tell him anything so I just said she's coming soon. Now I know it is the truth. She didn't stay with Marco willingly.

Closing my eyes I try to get some sleep, hopefully it will come easily.

That was very short lived. I only got about 5 hours if you don't count all the times I woke up in the middle of it. "Daddy I need help tying my cleats," Lucinao says, holding them in his hand. "Just put on slides i'll help you put them on over there" He nods going back into his room. I finish changing Gio helping him get off his bed. I take Luci's soccer bag from him going downstairs.

"Fucking stupid people" Santo says walking in clearly adjated. "What happened?" He shows me a file that Marco is plotting something else and has requested a meeting with us. No way in hell will I allow him on my property. If that meeting goes down it'll be in the warehouse with doubled security. "We'll talk about it later, are you coming to Lucinao's game?" I ask him he nods while losing his tie.