Chapter 20: Terrible Danger

A/N- Chapter 19 was released at the same time make sure you didn't skip 

----------------

Athena's pov

I apply ice on the fresh bruise that lays on my face wincing in pain. Marco got mad again but it was my fault I hadn't gotten up to make his food on time. He decided to stay home today from work so Dante left with Arianna to go handle something. "Reginetta what's wrong?" Marco asks, sitting next to me on the bed. "My eye just hurts a little bit, nothing I couldn't handle" He takes the ice off from my eye looking at the forming bruise sighing.

"I'm so sorry Reginetta I didn't mean too. What about this? I'll cook us lunch and then you can cook dinner. It'll give you time to relax" I nod. He places a rough kiss on the eye he hit. I bite my lip in pain. He leaves the room going downstairs. I let out a deep breath.

It's okay he'll get better, it was my fault this time. I shouldn't have gotten him mad. I did it to myself. I wrap myself in the blanket just wanting to get away from here. I was going to ask Marco about his trip but he's in a bad mood right now. It'll be worse if I ask him right now.

Maybe it won't' but that's a risk that I don't want to take.

He's been back for a while now but maybe I should just wait until dinner. It's probably the best thing to do. Just wait it out till later. "Here you go Reginetta" Marco places not even a full plate of pasta in front of me. My stomach growls with hunger but I'll take what I can get. Slowly I start eating it watching him devour the large bowl of food he has on his plate. "Why are you so far away?" Hesitantly I move closer to him sitting up in the middle of the bed.

We watch some stupid show on the tv Marco seem's to love it. I finished the small plate of food getting up to put it in the kitchen. "I got it reginetta, keep the bed warm" Marco took the plate from me leaving the room. I lay back, closing my head, feeling my head starting to hurt. I press the button for the shades to turn on seeing the room getting dark. I let out deep breaths trying to control this headache.

Breath Athena breath

Marco comes back inside the room laying next to me. I feel him moving me closer to him. "What's wrong reginetta?" He asks, rubbing my head. That feels so soothing I need him to keep doing that. "I have a headache. You rubbing my head is helping it. Please keep going" He continues to rub my head. My head still hurts but not as much.

I turn to my side, sinking into his side. He holds me close as I feel myself starting to drift off.

"Ena look at us" I hear an awfully familiar voice say. It sounds like mom but she's dead just like dad just like nonno. Marco told me mom and dad had passed due to an engine failure. Nono it was his time to go. "Ena do not ignore us" I feel my eyes shoot open but i'm not in my room.

I'm in a garden full of geraniums. My favorite flowers are turning around seeing mom, dad, nonno, and nonna. "Am I dead?" I ask them, they burst out in laughter. Do they know I'm serious? They all look just like I remember them this time with angel wings.

"My dear we've missed you so much. There's not a day that doesn't go by that we don't watch over you" Mom smiles at me. "If i'm not dead how can I see you?" Nonna tells me to sit down. Taking a seat on the grass I look up seeing the perfect blue skies.

It's kind of like a stress reliever

"Athena, you can see us because you need help." Dad says I look at him weirdly. Help from what? Did Marco hit me so hard I ended up in coma? Nothing is making sense right now.

"Athena you are in terrible danger"

My body freezes. I'm in danger? Is it the danger I'm causing or Marco? How do I get out of it? I'm getting all these responses with no good answer back. Just blant answers. Can someone explain to me what the fuck is going on "Athena you can only truly see your angles when you are in desperate need or danger. You are in danger and the longer you have no memory is the more danger you'll be" Mom says

How can I get my memory back? None of this is making sense.

"Your body is waking up now Ena. We love you, always remember that. Before you go, think about this, maybe your dreams aren't really dreams."

Before I can say anything I am awake now laying next to Marco. He still watches TV not knowing that I am away.

Your dreams aren't really dreams?

I sit up and Marco looks at me moving my hair out your face. "You were sleeping for a while Reginetta. It's already six and I ordered our food . It should be here any minute now." I go to the bathroom to wash my face. He calls me to go downstairs. I don't say anything, I just follow him. Sitting down on the chair he places food in front of me giving me a glass of water.

"You need to eat reginetta," He tells me sitting next to me. I sigh, starting to eat the food placed in front of me. I'm about halfway done with my food when I finally get the courage to ask him about his trip. "Marco, you never told me how your trip went?" He puts down his fork looking at me.

He takes a deep breath pulling me closer to him. "It was fine, why are you asking?" Should I tell him about the condoms I found in his suitcase? "I saw on one of your shirts a lipstick stain. I don't know if it was mine" His eyes turn dark I can't move he holds my arms not letting me move.

"Why the fuck are you looking through my thigns? You're accusing me of cheating? Huh, is that what this is Athena? I've been a good husband for years. I never left your side and you tell me this?" The grip he has on my arm becomes tighter.

No doubt I'll have a bruise by the time he decides to remove it. "Marco, I wasn't asking if you were cheating. I just wanted to know if I didn't wash your shirt properly." I try to pry my arms off of him but he doesn't let go "Marco you're hurting me" His eyes are still dark no longer the hazel I used to love.

"Imagine how I feel you just accused me of cheating on you" He removes his hands from my arms putting one on my throat. He holds a tight grip on my throat, sinking his teeth into my neck. Tears fell down my eyes. I try to get him to stop. "You're making me a bad person reginetta. I don't want to be a bad person" He pushes me to the countertop and my stomach feels the impact knocking the wind out of me.

I block him by putting my hands up but he stops. He stands in front of me looking at me with tears in his eyes. "Help me Athena please. I want to be good, I want to be a good husband" He cries hugging my waist. I stay in shock looking at him so vulnerable. I hugged him and rubbed his back. "It's okay Marco I shouldn't have made you mad it was my fault"

It was always my fault

It always is my fault

"I love you reginetta i'm going to get better for you I promise"

His promises are always broken and i'm the one who suffers in the end because of it. 

---------------

Hey guys

Ik I said these chapters were going to be happy because I won my softball games but I tried? 

I also sat for 2 test that were 4 hours each sooooo 

Q/A~ Do you think Athena will remember her encounter with Lucky right now ?

1352 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3