Chapter 4: Sacred and Pale

Athena's pov

I wake up in the arms of Marco pulling me closer to his chest. Pulling away from him a bit I manage to sit up stretching my arms letting out a yawn.  Looking at my phone it's already 8:45 shit.

Marco usually gets up at 9:00 and wants breakfast done by 9:15 when he comes downstairs. I quickly brush my Teeth throwing my hair in a ponytail rushing downstairs. "Good Morning Athena" Dante says in the kitchen while drinking coffee. "Morning Dante '' I take out the eggs, pancake mix, powdered sugar, bacon and strawberries. "Ena he's a grown man I think he can make himself breakfast" Dante tells me when I put the eggs in the pan.

"Yeah no matter how many times we both think that it won't happen it'll just result in me getting hit again. Only on a few occasions he lets it slide" I scramble the eggs because that's the fastest way to make these. "Do you want any?" I ask Dante he shakes his head no.

"Arianna had brought me food already thank you though." He smiles, continuing to drink coffee. I take the eggs off the stove and put them on a plate. Taking out another pan I put the bacon on that one while the pancakes go on the other one.

Fuck 9:05. Only ten more minutes the bacon is done but the pancakes aren't. Fuck his coffee "there's enough for him in the pot" Thank you Dante.

I flip the last two pancakes, putting them on his plate, shutting off the stove. I cut some strawberries up and put them on top with powdered sugar and a little bit of syrup. His loud footsteps echo through the house. I put his coffee next to it, sighing.

At least I can't get hit for not making breakfast. He sits next to Dante starting to eat his food. "Thank you Reginetta" Marco tells me I give him a fake smile starting to wash what's dirtied.

Marco believes women should stay home and do housework, raising kids he doesn't believe there is as strong as him to be in a warehouse. I'm his only female worker. I begged him to let me do something. I've been training since I was ten. "Do you know what time you should be home today?" I ask him to wash the last pan and put it on the drying rack.

"I'm going to go to the bar after I'm out of work so I don't know what time. I get home whenever I feel like it" He harshly says I just nod drying the dishes leaving my head down.

Hopefully he doesn't get mad and hit me after Dante leaves. "Alright I'm leaving now. I love you Reginetta" He put his plate in the sink kissing my cheek.  "I love you too" I tell him watching him walk away.

The door closes and the sound of his car driving away is heard. I let out a deep breath putting everything away. "Finally he's gone" Arianna comes in the kitchen sitting next to Dante.  "I'm not going into the warehouse today because I don't want to deal with him. Secondly I have people coming to talk about things with them. Marco doesn't need to know they came" He finished his coffee by washing his cup.

"There was no one in the house but us. '' He smiles at my words. It's not like Marco would find out unless he walks in and sees them. He doesn't believe in having a camera anywhere in the house, not even on the outside.

The only checkpoint is the gates making sure you're verified to step foot on the property. I finally finished cleaning the kitchen and was able to sit down. I fucking hate to feel like a maid but that's what I have to deal with.

My family didn't want me. Marco did though I just wish I remembered us getting back together. I wish I remembered our wedding, our honeymoon, our life.  It'll come back when It decides to.  Hopefully soon everything will be so much easier. Going to my room I take a quick shower before changing into a sports bra and short leggings.

A small workout shouldn't kill me. Marco said it looked like I was gaining weight and not in a good way. It hurt me a bit but working out should fit it. Maybe he'll say he's proud of me for once or that I did good.