Bonus chapter: So Then Leave

Athena's pov

I am running around 9 places at once and I don't know how much more I can handle. I feel like I am going to explode "Alessio give me two seconds please" I tell the 9 year old who huffs in annoyance. Luciano is supposed to be coming home from soccer any minute now and Gio is on his way back with Rico from tutoring.

The triplets have been home since after school but it doesn't make it easier. I went running from the warehouse to pick up the trips to go to my office downtown to come back home so they could eat something. Now i'm trying to catch up on a bunch of work and I feel like I have no help. "I gave you two seconds now listen to me" Alessio says tugging at my shirt.

I let out a deep breath looking at him "Yes Alessio what can I help you with" I ask him as he rolls his eyes "It took you long enough. When is daddy coming home?" This is what he stopped me for?

Lucky should have been home already. It's 7:30 and dinner it's done yet. The trips still need to do homework. I feel like my head is going to explode. "I don't know he should be here" Luciano burst through the door throwing his stuff on the floor.

For 16 years old he is still the same messy kid. "Luciano, please pick up your things and if they're dirty put them in the hamper." He thankfully doesn't argue with me picking them up. He takes Alessio with him, the two going to the backyard. "Mom, I'm home" Giovanni says coming inside.

He comes to the kitchen giving me a side hug. "I'm going to take a shower do you need anything?" He asks me to turn the stove on and turn the pasta. "I have to finish cooking dinner and I still have to finish paperwork and help the trips with homework"

"I'll help you when I'm done. I did all my homework during tutoring"

"Thank you Gio" He gives me a smile going upstairs. Anna and Achilles sit on the island stool with their homework in front of them. "Mommy what's 9 times 9?" Achilles asks. I lower the stove down giving them my attention.

I explain to them the easiest way that I can. I do some paperwork for the restaurants in Milan trying to count the numbers and make sure nothing is off. I also have to approve the Construction of a few new ones that I'm opening.

There are not enough hours in the day.

Giovanni comes downstairs freshly showered helping me finish the rest of dinner. By the time we finish all of it, it's already 8:30. Lucky is still not home. I called Leo and he said Lucky left with Adriano at 6. So why the fuck is he not answering?

The front door opens then it shuts. Alessio goes running from the backyard "Daddy finally you're here" He says I go into the hallway seeing Lucky hugging him. He set him down when I sent them to the dining room leaving me and Lucky alone.

He comes closer to me reeking of alcohol and weed. "Bambina I missed you" He says, placing a kiss on my cheek. "Lucky it's fucking 8:30 I have called you over 15 times. I needed help" he rolls his eyes, tumbling into the dinning room. He can barely keep his eyes open, that's how high he is.

The tension in the air is thick. I don't say anything, I don't even let him hold my hand. After dinner he goes straight upstairs I sigh. "Mom, the trips are done with homework. I can wash the dishes so you can put them to sleep" Gio offers "no it's okay Gio you look tired" He shakes his head no

"Trust me mom I am not tired. I'll do it, it's nothing you cooked. Why should you clean too? Put the trips to bed"

"Thank you"

"Anytime mom"

I take a half asleep Anna and Achilles in my arms bringing them to each of their rooms. "Goodnight mommy" Achilles says I place a kiss on his head tucking him in. "Good Night my love" I fixed Anna's position on my hip bringing her to her room.