Chapter 14: A Phone

Lucky's pov

I feel two small bodies hitting my chest. I open my eyes seeing Giovanni and Luciano smiling up at me. "Good Morning daddy" They both say grinning ear to ear. "Good morning boys" They both hug me tightly. I sit up and return it. Looking at the time it's 10:30 I slept longer than I should have. I know today Luciano has a soccer game but it starts at 3 so I'll probably get them something to eat.

It takes an hour to get there so we can leave at 12:30 to stop real quick and get something. "Do you guys want breakfast?" I ask them rubbing my eyes open. "Yeah then can we practice outside?" Luciano asks I nod he gets even more excited. I tell them to go take a shower they run out of the room leaving me there alone. Finally getting out of bed I wash my face brushing my teeth staining under the cool shower.

Thoughts of Athena coming to my head when she used to come here and wrap her arms behdign me resting her head on my back brings a smile to my face.

*Flashback *

The water drips down my body as I stand under the cool water letting out a deep breath. Today was rough. I never wanted it to end quicker. The cold water makes my skin red but it's soothing. Right now I just want to be with my bambina.

Everything feels better with my bambina here

A pair of hands wrap around my waist and her head lays on my back. "Hey amore" Athena's soft voice says my body immediately relaxes. Her lips press against my back. I turn around looking at her. I stare into her beautiful grey eyes, my heart starting to race. I fall in love more and more each time I see her. "You had a long day I can see it all on your face" She stands under the water with me wetting her hair that she took two hours to straighten.

"Bambina you just did your hair you're going to mess up your hair" I tell her trying to take the water off her hair moving the shower head. "Yeah I know but you told me you liked my curly hair" She stands on her tiptoes moving the showerhead to hit both of us now. Her hair gets soaked in just a few minutes of us standing here. My arms wrap around her waist holding her closer to me as hers go around my neck placing a kiss on my cheek.

God I love this women more than anything

She runs soap all along my body telling me how much she loves me. Everything about her is perfect. I couldn't ask for a better wife. Once we both finish in the shower she wraps a towel around her body while I put one around my waist. Athena goes into one of my draws taking out my clothes wearing them. She gives me a sheepish grin wrapping her arms around my neck.

"You wear my clothes more than I do" I place my forehead on her and she smiles at me. "I wear them because they remind me of you and you smell good, your clothes are comfortable and you make me comfortable" I watch as she takes out her comb and hair products. She applies a generous amount of product in her hair before combing it through with the brush then her fingers. Her curls look more defined when she scurches it with a shirt. "Stop looking at me like that" She takes me away from my thoughts.

"Like what my love?" I stand behind me wrapping my arms around her waist holding her close to my chest.

"Like i'm the only girl in the world"

"My love, you are the only girl for me. I have never loved anyone as much as I love you. The only people that come close to you are our kids. You will always be the only person for me. You will forever and always be my number one" I tell her watching tears come to her eyes.

I didn't mean to make her cry

I wipe them away, making her look at me "Why are you crying, what's wrong?" I ask her and she shakes her head "im not crying because i'm sad im crying because you make me feel so loved. I know that's a bad reason but I've never felt this love before. I mean look at who I dated before. Marco would never tell me this but you remind me every chance you get" I place a gentle kiss on her lips before putting one on her forehead.

"I tell you how much I love you but I don't think you understand how much I really do. I feel like I don't tell you enough. Marco is a piece of shit who never deserved you and I hate more than anything that you had to go through so much with him but I'm here now. It's me and you forever and ever" She smiles at me

"In this lifetime and the next"

*End of flashback*

I'll get her back soon. I know I will but it hurts. I don't know how I've been doing it so long without her but I don't know how much longer I could go on for. She is my everything.

Getting out of the shower I wrap a towel around my waist going into the closet to get clothes. Taking out a pair of jeans and a white tee I put that on going to check on the boys. "Daddy I can't find my cleats," Lucinao yells, throwing his shoes around his room. "Have you checked your bag?" I ask him to look in it pulling them out.

"Never mind, I'm ready now. Hurry up old man we don't have all day" He says clapping his hands going downstairs. Santo comes out of Gio's room holding him, giving me a weird look. "He's talking to you?" I roll my eyes not paying mind to the sassy 5 year old. Going downstairs into the garage Santo straps Gio in his booster seat Luciano throws his bag before sitting down.

He takes out his tablet and begins to watch some show while Gio is already dozing off. "Do you think that this will be over soon?" Santo ask sinking down in the passenger's seat "what do you mean?" I respond by driving out of the estate going onto the main road. The highway is clear so we can go a bit faster.

"Like Marco and Mom. When do you think her memory will finally come back?"

"I have no idea Santo I hope that it's soon but that's all we can hope for." He sighs, texting Rory on his phone. I turn the mirror to see Gio sleeping and Luciano with his feet on the chair watching netflix. When we get half an hour from where Luicano is playing I stop at a diner getting food. Luciano follows Santo while I get Giovanni trying to wake him up. "Come on Gio , we're going to eat" He nods, resting his head on my shoulder, closing his eyes again.

I shake my head going inside seeing Santo and Luciano already sitting in a booth. Sitting opposite to them I sit Gio on the inside he rests his head on my side while rubbing his eyes. "Hey sleepyhead you hungry?" I mess with his hair and he nods yawning. He sleeps more than Leo does and Leo sleeps any chance he gets. "Can I have strawberries?" Gio ask I nod my head seeing a smile forming on his face.

I'd do anything to make sure both of my kids are always smiling. I hate to see them upset. It hurts me more. The waitress comes by and we order our food waiting for it. "Santo, can you buy me a phone?" Luciano turns to his older brother who bursts out laughing. "Why do you need a phone, Luciano?" Here we go again with the whole phone thing. What 5 year old needs a phone? Plus he is always with someone he is talking to like he leaves the house whenever he wants.

"Santo I have a life unlike you so why shouldn't I have a phone" Luci huffs

"Um I have a life so try again" Luciano starts giving more and more reasoning as to why he should have a phone. The food comes out, making Luciano stop talking and go into eating. He's been with Leo and Adirano too much. Gio focuses on the fruit in his plate, making my heart warm. The same thing Athena used to do.

I can't wait to get her back this time I won't let go

---------------

Hey guys

Some people have asked when will Athena remember that will be more to the end of the book. If she remembers now the book would be over too quick.  In the epilogue Santo will be 28, Luciano will be 11 and Giovanni will be 8. 

There will also be new characters introduced in the book 

the third book to the Morelli series hopefully will be out August 19th and Morelli's estimated end date is July 9th.

Q/A~ what do you think the biggest plot twist will be?

1506 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3