Chapter 39: I'm Sorry

Chapter 38 and 39 was posted at the same time make sure you didn't skip one
——————————-

Athena's pov 

Dante drags me out of the confined space with a worried look. "You are so lucky that there were no guards around or that Marco wasn't there" He pants holding my shoulders looking me dead in the eyes.

"What's so wrong about that room? Everyone there had their face covered. You came in before I could look at them." Nothing could be so bad about them.

I could even help them get information if they needed me to. I'm trained for that. The best person you could get on the market is me. My face stays hidden and under my mask is a voice changer.

I don't know why all of that is needed. It's not like people don't know who I am. Marco just yells at me No everytime I ask him. "Come on, let's get you out of here before he flips out. He should be coming home any minute now" I walk behind Dante who is carefully looking to see who's coming.

Once the coast is clear we make it to the first floor when we hear the door close. "Athena?" Marco yells I hurry to him he opens his arms when he sees me.

Carefully I walk into them still scared of him. "Baby you feel so tense. I think you need a massage" He picks me up walking me upstairs to our room. I get placed on the bed feeling my shirt ride up due to his hands going under them.

He sees the bruise on my rib and his eyes soften. "I'm sorry baby it won't happen again. I was just mad I didn't mean it" He places a kiss on it.

Just like he didn't mean the one on my arm, or my back, or my neck. They all heal and thankfully don't scar but it's always some excuse. Hell he even tells me I do it to myself sometimes.

I think that's the reason I love to sleep. When I sleep I Create my own reality. Married with a husband who has the most bluest eyes you could think of. An icy blue that anyone could fall in love with. Plump pink lips, his body muscular full of tattoos. He looks and sounds like Hades would but he really is a teddy bear.

We would have three kids and an adopted son and two biological children. All boys, maybe I'll dream for a girl. My brothers also come in my dreams. They actually love me.

When Marco told me how they left me to die and he saved me I couldn't be more hurt. I didn't want to believe it my whole life. I would have never thought they could do that to me.

"How was work?" I ask him as he lays next to me trying to take off my clothes. "Marco" he puts a finger on my mouth telling me to be quiet.

"Not now Marco I'm waiting for the doctor to tell me why I've been extremely sick" he rolls his eyes pushing off of me. I watch him take out a small tray putting white substance in it, sniffing it. "Here you should have some?" He tries to give it to me but I decline it.

He starts to ramble about everything and I pay no attention to him. Maybe if he was more loving I'd pay attention to him. "I have to go make sure I have everything I need. I'll be around the house if you need me. If you're bored, find something to do" He places a kiss on my lips. "Alright by Marco"

"I'll see you in a few Reginetta"

I lay back reading a new book hoping to pass by time. Maybe I can see what Dante's doing.

"Two hours and still shit to do" I groan thinking out loud.

Marco's been gone. I still can't find him. Maybe he's in the cells; those are the only places I haven't checked. Dante left to go get food 20 minutes ago. He still hasn't come back yet sitting in the living room is boring. There's nothing on TV.