Chapter 16: Didn't Even Recognize me

Athena's pov

More than anything I hate being on missions with people who have no idea what they're doing. Stay the fuck out of my way and we'll be alright I didn't ask for protection I didn't ask to be covered. "Dante I swear I will kill them and die with a fucking happy smile" I tell him he sighs.

"We're almost out of here. The files are almost done being transferred, take a drink and chill out" Dante places a glass of bourbon in front of me Arianna comes back wiping her favorite gun with the biggest smirk on her face. "Who popped your titty Athena" She says I flip her off

Somethings not right

I feel it in my gut. There are people here looking at us that shouldn't be here. Looking around for the most part everyone is in on the act besides the people who are now dead or are cracking the files. The table in the back corner is always full of people when it shouldn't. That's the only table that should be empty but for the last few missions it's been full. "The files have been cracked let's go Athena" Arianna pulls my hand I wave her off going to the table.

My gut tells me it's people who I don't want to see. People who have done me wrong in the past. "Where are you going?" Dante asks, looking at me holding the knife in my head. Why is there only one girl at the table? "Athena leave that table alone let's go" He tries to pull me to the door I fight getting out his grip.

The heads turn in our direction, the girl turns her head back looking at us. Once her eyes meet mine they widen.

Mia

"You fucking bitch" Dante Pushes my hand making my aim off my blade hitting the wall inside of her head. Everyone from the table becomes alert as the blonde sitting next to her stands up aiming his gun to whoever's behind him. Once he sees it's me I see it in his eyes he turns scared and hesitant but keeps it pointed at my head.

I take Dante's gun from his holder now pointing it in between the icy blue eyes that have different emotions running through them. I take the safety off feeling the tension in the room thicken. "Take the gun away from her head." A familiar voice says turning my head I see Adriano and Leo.

"It's fucking party. Who would have thought" I spit at them Arianna runs in stopping in her tracks. "Athena put the gun down" Dante says calmly Arianna hands him something. I shake my head. Maybe this is finally my time to get revenge. Dante gives Arianna a look she nods, going away Dante puts his eyes back on me.

His hand goes on my shoulder I don't break my eye contact "Athena I need you to put the gun down right now. I'll explain everything when we get back to the house. Right now I need you to put the gun down" I don't budge seeing him looking around. I feel a small pinch come to my back making everything dizzy. "Dante you fucking cunt. You made Arianna give me that shit to sleep" He catches me before I fall on the ground.

"It's for your own good. Sleep Ena" I close my eyes already dreaming about peace.

Lucky's pov

Dante lifts Athena's sleeping body in his arms "don't worry it's only enough to knock her out for a few hours. I'll explain it as best as I can. We'll keep in touch" He tells us I nod, putting my gun back on my side.

"We will take care of her"

"You know I will" with that he walks out holding my love in his arms. When her eyes stared into mine all I saw was a cold expression. She had no emotions. I didn't even mean to keep the gun to her head. I stood frozen and I couldn't move.

My love didn't even recognize me.

Leo drives the car while I sit in the passenger's seat still not being able to say any words. Mia just keeps saying that's not the same Athena we know. It's not there's no lie in it. Parking in front of the house I get out the car taking my time going inside.

Once I manage to make it inside Luciano comes to me with the biggest smile on his face. "Daddy can you tell me you're not going to be mad at me?" He says with a sheepish smirk. "Luciano what did you do?" I tell him He grabs my hand bringing me upstairs.

Giovanni comes behind me holding my hand. I picked him up following Luciano. He stops in front of the playroom. "You have to say you won't get mad" He crosses his arms blocking the door. "It must be bad that you're blocking the door. Luciano if you show me now then maybe I won't be so mad" I try to open the door and he shuts it.

"But daddy you have to make sure you won't get mad I still want to go to the pool tomorrow" He groans. I look at Giovanni who just shakes his head resting on my shoulder. "Fine I'll tell you if you can or can't when I see how bad the damage is" He nods, opening the door letting me go into the room. I see a blanket over a chair trying to cover the wall.

I put Gio down, taking the chair's and blanket down. "Luciano how did you break the wall and this freaking big" I look at the huge hole in it along with cracks. "I was just playing around and boom it broke" He tries to demonstrate what happened.

"The wall just doesn't break like that"

"Ok so I might have thrown my ball at it then I got mad and hit it" he looks down at the floor I take a deep breath bending to his height. "You do know you have to be punished right"

"Yeah I know but I want to go to the pool"

"I know you do 2 hours away from the pool then you can go in"

"But daddy"

"2 hours Luciano"

"Fine" He huffs stomping out the room slamming his door. I look at Gio who is already starting to sleep. "I wish your mother was here" I say lowly, not wanting him to hear it. He'd probably get upset. Laying Gio down he falls asleep almost automatically I place a kiss on his forehead closing the door.

Going into Luciano's room he faces away from the door small sniffles coming from him. "Come here Luci" I sit on the edge of his bed and he comes giving me a hug. "I'm sorry daddy I didn't mean to" He cries I wipe his face. "I know you didn't mean to, I'm not yelling at you." He nods wiping his face

"Say this if you're good Tomorrow then I'll cut down your time" I play with his hair and he gives me a sad smile. "It's late bud sleep we have a long day tomorrow"

"Good night daddy I love you"

"I love you more Luciano" He lays down and I wrap him in his comforter, shutting the door. I let out a deep breath I didn't know I was holding in. Going to my room I lay down on my side putting my hand on Athena's pillow. Oh my love how I miss you so much. I don't know if I'm doing a good job with the boys.

They miss you more than ever right Now. I miss you I miss you so fucking much. It hurts more knowing that you're alive with no memory of me. It hurts so much that you had a gun to my head and I was still In love with you. I'd let you shoot me and I'd die happily because I died with a bullet you put in my head. I can't wait for the day you have your memory again. The day you come back home to your family.

That day I'll finally feel complete again. 

---------------

Hey guys

To be fair Athena has to wear a mask on missions so her vision wasn't 100% but i'm still crying.

Q/A~ Are you ready for the drama?

1429 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3