Chapter 56: Manipulated Me

Athena's pov

I wake up with my head resting on Lucky's chest. He brushes my hair holding his phone in the other hand. I move closer into his side, yawning. He puts down his phone kissing the side of my head. "How are you feeling bambina?" He asked as I sat up, sinking deeper into his side. "I feel better because I'm with you amore" He smiles brightly. I hold on to him not wanting to let him go.

I don't want to say goodbye

I never want to say goodbye to him again

"Adriano said he wanted to talk to you only if you were ready" I haven't seen them since that night we beat Marco. "You don't have to bambina only when you're ready" I take a deep breath nodding. I want to see him. I need to get it through my head Marco lied to me.

Marco manipulated me

It was all Marco's fault.

"I want to see him, when he comes"

"He's outside, I'll tell him to come in. I'm going to go check on the boys. I'll be back" He kisses me smiling at me. "Be safe" I tell him hugging him tightly

"Always bambina I love you"

"I love you more Amore"

He leaves the room. I put the bed up running my hands through my hair. The door opens again and Adriano walks in. He sits on the chair next to my bed looking down at the floor. I don't say anything, we just sit in silence.

"I thought you were dead"

He breaks the silence I let out a deep breath looking at him. "I wanted to die everyday when I was in the house. I tried to kill myself so many times when I was there. Gosh Adriano I feel disgusting. Each day that went by I wanted to die. I think I still want to die. How could I just waltz back in after two years and act like nothing was wrong? It was all my fault"

"Athena it was never your fault don't ever say that again. What happened will never be your fault. Two years we thought you were dead were the worst two years. Nothing felt the same, nothing was the same. It hurt even more knowing the kids asked for you. They always asked for you. When's aunt ena coming back? Why can't we visit her? Then Giovanni gosh poor Giovanni would cry all the fucking time for you. Federico was confused but he missed you. Damiano and Luciano were lost for a long time. Gabriele took it badly. I've never seen him angrier. He was always on edge. Santo drank a lot and I mean a lot it was to a point we thought he was going to get alcohol poisoning. We need you to function.

Athena you are the person who keeps up together without you we are nothing."

I feel my heart break hearing those words.

It's like they can finally stop being on edge and relax for once. They all finally have closure and never have to open this door again. I want to forget about it. I don't want to think of it but it's all I remember. It's the only thing playing in my mind right now.

"How big are the boys now?" I'm going to cry just looking at them

"Well Gabriele is Eight, Damiano is 5 and Federico is 3 but time went by way too quick. It was as if yesterday Gabri was born, now he's about to go to middle school."

"He looks just like you. It's scary how much he looks like fuck Adriano I see him and the only person I see is you"

"He sure acts like me too just a little more calm but I give it a few years"

"I don't doubt it"

"I'm glad you're back, Ena. You don't understand how much I love you. You're my only sister, you're the person who's been there for it all. Since we were young it was always you and me even when you were close to Alessandro. We always fell back on each other. When I found out about Gabriele I was scared but you helped me through it all. When I finally asked Mia to be my girlfriend, then to be my fiance then giving her my last name who pushed me to do it was you. With You you no one would be where they are today." Adriano says holding back tears letting out a deep breath

"Adriano I wouldn't be the person I am today without you. I mean who else was going to do stupid shit with me. Your my partner in crime through everything"

He lets out a small chuckle, a few tears falling down his face. I hug him tightly and he returns it. I feel a few tears running down my face. "I missed you so much Ena" He tells me I shut my eyes feeling more tears run down my face. "I missed you so much more Adri so much more"

I will spend the rest of my life trying to make it up to my family. For more they say it's not my fault it sure as hell feels like it. I'd do it again in a heartbeat if it meant they stood alive. I knew what I was doing when I took the bullet for Lucky.

I knew I was supposed to die

I didn't die because of Vincenzo, not Marco. He paid someone to make it seem like I died. Enzo thought he didn't save me but he did. He saved my life and is the reason why I am alive. "Do you think everything will be good now?" I ask him he shrugs , running his hands through his hair.

"Will it be different of course it will be but will it be better that's a yes automatically. They'll be bumps in the road but we'll all make it out happy in the end. This is it Athena were both getting the happy ending we have been talking about since we were kids."

"You got it with Mia and I got mine with Lucky. We got our forever and always"

---------------

Hey guys

I can't believe I graduate in like 2 weeks omg This is so weird. When I started writing Lucky I was a sophomore now Ik graduating.

Then again I am graduating early so that cut high school short.

I know a lot of you guys saw I started writing a new series called the Luminosity series. I can't release it yet just because it has details and things that will spoil the third and fourth book. It is being written through and I'll keep teasing.

I'm not sure if it'll be up on wattpad though it might not go up at all LMAOO. enough of me now.

Q/A~ Do you think Dante deserves a happy ending?

9 chapters left

Morelli will end June 19th

Next update June 12th

1209 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3