Chapter 23: Nonno and Nonna?

Lucky's pov

Luciano lays sprawled out on Athena's side of the bed while Giovanni lays close to my side. Santo and Rory are already sleeping. I'm the only one in the house awake. I hold my kids close thinking of them when they get older. Giovanni no doubt will be the biggest mama's boy you can think of. Luciano he'll be all over the place but he'll be strong no doubt.

Santo will continue to grow and start to grow his own family. He'll be a great father I know he will. I feel Gio moving around at my side. He rubs his eyes groaning. "What's wrong gio?" I ask rubbing his back. "I can't sleep" I place him on my lap and he rests his head on my chest trying to sleep.

After ten minutes he's still not sleeping. It's already 4 in the morning. The sun should start coming up at 6 and might as well take advantage of the night. "Can we see nonno and nonna?" He asks me to take a deep breath nodding. "Yeah bud go wash your face i'll wake up Luciano" He nods climbing off my lap going into the bathroom.

I woke Luciano up. He doesn't fight me just going to the bathroom. I put on a pair of sweatpants with a white t-shirt. I put on my sneakers, got out a hoodie, sweats and shirt for the boys too. After changing them I bring them downstairs and put them in the car.

They both look out the window as I drive to the cemetery. Once we get there I pick up Giovanni holding Luciano's hand. "Daddy were seeing Nonna and Nonno?" I nod he puts a small smile on his face. I haven't taken the boys here in a while. I haven't been here in a while either. I've just been too caught up with Athena. Once we get to their graves we sit down looking at them. "Talk to them guys they'll hear you" I urge them Luciano looks at me hesitantly before speaking.

Both mine and Athena's parents are buried next to each other. They wanted it like that of course we had to do it like that. "Hi nonna and nonno. I've been a little better. I haven't gotten in trouble lately so I have been doing better. I think mommy's coming home soon daddy keeps saying she is but I have a good feeling this time. I love you guys even though you are angels."

"Hi nonna and nonno. I haven't cried a lot. It's been easier because of daddy. Can you help bring mommy home? Daddy is trying but she needs an angel. I love you guys"

They both look at me, signaling me to say something. "I know it's been a while since I came here. Yes mom I can hear you yelling at me but it's been hard. Each day Athena is closer to coming home but it still hurts. It hurts so much because she doesn't deserve anything she's going through. Why does someone with a heart of gold have everything taken from them? The day she comes back home everything will feel complete. Send her an angel if she needs it. Bring her home to us we'll be waiting for her" I shaikly say the boys rest their heads on my side.

I hold them close as we look at the graves. Instantly my mind goes to when me and Athena first came alone.

Flashback

"Lucky im fucking 8 months pregnant. How do you expect me to walk fast?" Athena angrily says I laugh helping her get out of the car. She holds my hand on the walk to the graves. We haven't been here since the burial but today felt like the right day to come. I help her sit down and she rests her head on my shoulder looking at the dates on them.

All the same day and the same year

Aria De Luca ~ Beloved Mother, Daughter and Grandmother

Arcangelo De Luca~ Beloved father, Son and Grandfather

Giana Morelli ~ Beloved Mother, and Daughter

Nicolo Morelli ~ Beloved father, Son and Grandfather

My parents didn't get to see my son be born. I am happy though they got to see Santo grow even if it was for a while. They treated him like their own grandchild, something I will always be grateful for. "I think they are looking at us right now laughing" Athena says I rub her arm asking her why?

"My parents always said when they die and when they come to their grave it'll be sad but they'll be laughing because they want to leave us with something good instead of bad" A small smile comes to my face I kiss her temples she looks at me placing a small kiss on my lips.

"You know my parents loved you. From the moment I mentioned anything about you they were so happy. The exact words were Lucky you found someone that makes you smile now go marry them before they make someone else happy. It hurts knowing they won't be here physically to see our wedding but spiritually they will be."

"My parents loved you too. I remember when you came over for dinner with your parents for the first time. Mom told me they purposely sent us out to the club that night. She said that once she saw how we looked at each other she knew that was it. Dad told me the same thing he told me he knew you would never hurt me. I knew when they said that it was true. When I was with Marco they never told me that. After a point they kept telling me sometimes friendship is better than relationship. I was already addicted not just to him and the drugs. The drugs were the ones keeping the relationship alive. I'm happy though because if I wouldn't have seen him cheating on me then I would have stayed. Me getting hurt by him made me meet you so something good came out of it"

A big smile comes to my face "I love you bambina"

"I love you more Amore"

To think that was almost 6 years ago. The time went by too quickly but it went by slower because Athena isn't here. The kids grew but time dragged on it still because she is not here.

Time goes on. It's already 5:30. "Come on boys let's go get something to eat" I hold Luciano's hand I pick up Giovanni he rests his head on my shoulder. I sit them both in the car starting to drive to the diner. It's a ten minute drive from here. Once we get there Luciano gets excited for food. "Daddy can I get a milkshake?" He asks, looking at the menu. "Yeah get what you want bud" The waiter comes getting out orders.

Luciano starts trying to convince Gio to do soccer but he's not giving in. "I want mommy to see me play" Gio defends "Alright mommy saw me play and she will see you play soon. Just start playing" Luciano drinks his milkshake saying it like it's nothing.

"I'll start soon" Luciano has a smile on his face while eating his food. I don't tell them anything, letting them keep their conversation going. If Athena was here she'd be proud of them.

She is proud of them 

---------------

Hey guys

I'm crying Giovanni is too cute

June 9th chapter 55 will be released they'll be an update either everyday or every other day until then. 

Morelli will be done June 19th 

 Q/A~Are you ready for chapter 55?

1236 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3