Chapter 52: I'm Losing You Again

Chapter 50, 51,52 and 53 were all posted at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3

----------------------------

Athena's pov

I wake up with a bright light shining in my face. Where the fuck am I? Did I finally die?

If I'm dead things won't be bad, everyone can be at peace. "Great, you're awake, how are you feeling?" I hear a voice ask sitting up. I see Dante and Marco sitting in a chair and a doctor standing in front of me.

Just great.

"I feel fine, I just don't need a light in my face." The doctor shuts off the bright light giving my apologies. "Your test came back fine and as requested you can go home with Marco in a few hours" The doctor smiles at me before leaving the room.

I don't even look them in the eyes. I feel disgusted by both of them. Oh my god what is Lucky going to say? He's going to say I'm a worthless whore who couldn't keep her legs shut. Just the thought of him hating me is enough to kill me.

Looking at my wrist there also bandaged up. "You cut yourself deeper than what you thought you did. Lots of blood had a lot to do with it" Marco says sitting on the bed next to me. "I was scared Athena, you've never overdosed before and we've been doing drugs since you were 17" I roll my eyes he gets mad. "Don't fucking roll your eyes at me. I could have let you die but I didn't"

"It was a mistake. I'm sorry Marco" He lets out a deep breath "Dante will take you home. I have information to go get" Marco walks out leaving me and Dante alone in the room. I don't even want to look at him.

He stands up, placing a kiss on my temples. I move away from his body. "Athena come on I'm still the same Dante you've known since you were 8" I don't say anything just looking at the wall. "What do you want me to do? Marco knew how I felt about you. He just rubbed it in my face. I did what I did to make you feel safe"

"Yeah safe my ass. you look at me like a friend not even that anymore. Why do you even care to help me shouldn't you be on Marco's side?"

"Fuck Athena, I've been in love with you since the second I saw you. Fuck I was 10 but so in love. It had me in a chokehold. I wanted to be with you 24/7 but you were with Marco. The only person you saw was Marco. It killed me knowing you only saw me as a friend. You didn't look at me the way you looked at him. I wanted you to love me but I knew you never would. Then I met Arianna. Gosh I love her more than anything but for more that I love her she doesn't love me back. I lost the two people I've ever loved in my life.

Who do you think sent those pictures to Lucky? I sent them because I knew no matter what I felt for you it was never going to be enough. It was never enough. Day in and day out I've been trying to help bring you back home to your family, your kids. Your husband. I knew I had to let you go and even though it's going to kill me, I'm doing it.

I lost you when we were 10 now I'm losing you again

That's why I'm helping you because 10 year old me would be disappointed if I didn't and 28 year old me would live with guilt the rest of his life "

"I never knew you were in love with me and I'm sorry Dante. I really am but im in love with Lucky. I have a family with lucky. I have a family who's been hurting for two years because I wasn't there. More than anything I wish I would have died that night. If I would have died then we wouldn't have to be in this problem right now."

My mind goes to Giovanni, Luciano, Santo. They must have gotten so big. Gabriele, Damiano, Federico, Eremes. All my nephews, my kids, my brothers thinking I was dead.

I feel sick to my stomach thinking of it.

"You don't understand how hard I cried that night. Lucky told me Enzo said your heart stopped. I felt a piece of me died that night then Marco came and said you were alive he told me everything. I was so angry because I knew you were happy. I knew you had a whole life, you had a husband, you had a kid, you had a life. He took that from you. I sent the pictures out to Lucky because he finally started letting you go on missions. There was no way they wouldn't know it wasn't you.

I did everything for you"

Tears fall down my face as my heart breaks more. Dante might have had good intentions but it still doesn't feel right. My husband and my whole world is getting hurt because of me.

Everyone that has gotten hurt in these two years is because of me.

"Athena, look at me, we're going to end this tonight. I promise you that you'll be home with Giovanni, Santo, and Luciano. You'll be home with Lucky and you never have to come back here." Dante wipes my face giving me his best smile.

I need to do this for my family.

I need to save Lucky.

Dante takes me back to the living prison cell I can barely put on an act. I've had fake happiness for two years. What's a few more hours? Marco comes into the living room from the kitchen with a bottle of whiskey in his hand. "I'll be down in the cells. Dante take her upstairs and watch her to make sure she is okay" Marco says as he nods and brings me upstairs.

Dante makes sure that Marco is in the cells and his guards aren't up here before telling me to get changed. I change strapping blades to my ankles along with the ones under my shoes and the last set on the sides of my belt. I put the guns I have in my holsters and two behind my back.

I slick my hair back looking at myself in the mirror. I can't even stand to see the person I've become. The monster that everyone fears

The girl I never wanted to be

"Santo is on his way. Arianna is on her way. Alliances are on the way. Are you ready to end this?" Dante asks, looking at me.

"Let's fucking do this" 

---------------

Hey guys

 You guys aren't ready for the end

Q/A~ Do you want me to just post the next chapter?

13 chapters left

Next double Update tomorrow

1119 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3