Chapter 30: She was Marco's

Dante's pov

I wake up again alone in my bed. I always wonder why have such a big bed for one person? Arianna left again and Athena's stuck with Marco. Even when she remembers she'll be back in her soulmate's arms again.

Arianna cut everything exclusive off after she graduated. She just kept saying I don't want to be tied down. She wanted to be free so I let her go. I wasn't going to force her to stay either.

Everyone I've ever loved in my life has been taken from me.

Each time I try to fight it, it eats me up on the inside. I can never get rid of that feeling. The feeling of Failure.

I still remember that warm September afternoon when I met my first love.

18 years ago

I sit in the car next to Marco hearing him blab on about changing schools. Maybe if he could control his anger then he wouldn't have to change so much. Anything aunt Francesca does mom does. Now I have to change school too, not that I care too much but I hate changing all the time.

I can never have a stable group of friends because of Marco but I love him. He's my closest friend and my cousin. The only other person who cares about me.   

"Boys, we're almost here. Now they have a daughter and her best friend is there. The best friend though all rests has her eyes on someone. No doubt they'll be together in the future. The daughter though has no one. They are not looking to set her up for marriage but I want one of you two to be the man she chooses in the future. They are one of our strongest alliances and we want to keep them as close as possible" I already saw the look on Marcos face.

Secretly I hope he doesn't ruin any friendship we can have with her. We pulled up to a gate to make sure we were good to go inside. I look outside the window seeing the well kept grass along with the beautiful flowers. Everything looks so pretty.

"Come on boys were here" I opened the car door, closing it lightly. Standing next to Marco the guards keep an eye on us while we walk inside the large house. Aunt Francesca and uncle Natale go in first and a woman greets them at the door with a warm hug. A man later comes down with a bunch of kids.

One boy eats a donut while the other sits with a girl on a chair watching something on his iPad. My eyes lock with a pair of grey eyes hiding behind her father. "Oh, your daughter is so adorable." Aunt Francesa says fixing her dress while looking at the grey eyes beauty. "Now don't be rude Ena introduce yourself" The woman who I learned name Aria urges but she shakes her head no.

"You both told me to never tell anyone who I was until they did it first or we knew it was safe. For all I know you invited a killer into our house" Arcangelo snorts out a laugh giving her a high five.

"Why aren't you smart?  Francesca and Natalie Torecelli. This is our son and nephew they'll be attending your school next week." Natale smiles at me, bending down to her height. Uncle Natale gives her his hand to shake and she looks at her dad who nods and shakes it back introducing herself.  "Well then I'm Athena De Luca" 

Athena De Luca

A pretty name for a beautiful girl. I smile at her and she returns it brushing her brown curly hair out her face. She asks us to play with her and we both agree. The other kids follow us into the room as well. My eyes widen when I see how big it is. It's amazing I could spend all day here.

When she walks her long curls bounce up and down. Her smile lights up the room and her eyes. I could go on for days about her eyes. They are the most beautiful things I've seen. The grey orbs are full of happy emotions as they clear up as if a storm is no longer there.