Chapter 38: Only His Are

Chapter 38 and 39 was posted at the same time make sure you didn't skip one
——————————-

Athena's pov

Summer days are boring. I used to love summer, the excitement of not being in school. Traveling all around the world. The freedom that summer is supposed to give you but now it's a hell. I can barely go past the backyard. Sitting around in the house is one of the worst times.

During fall and winter I used to be able to go with Dante or Marco and train but Marco told me only to train in the house for summer. He said there is a risk someone can see me and try to take me. Even if I tried to leave there is no way out. Eyes are on me 24/7 the minute Marco and Dante leave. At least when Dante is here eyes aren't on me.

Only his are.

"Why are you thinking so hard, princess?" Dante says coming inside, closing the door. He sits next to me. Taking off his suit jacket and unbuttoning the first three buttons of his shirt. "I have nothing to do, I'm bored. I've cleaned the house multiple times I have nothing" I groan he laughs pulling me closer to his side. I wrap my arms around his waist resting my head against his chest.

He places a kiss on the top of my head brushing my hair out my face. "You could have went to the pool it's in the backyard sitting there"

"Yeah so Marco could come home see my in a swimsuit and freak the fuck out I rather not. I have bruises on my ribs.  Plus since you weren't home he has those guards looking over me when I leave and they're creepy. I don't like how I look in a swimsuit anyways"

"I'm sorry about those guards I tried to get him to take them out but he doesn't listen and you look amazing in a swimsuit Ena"

I roll my eyes not believing him. Even Marco said I should lose a few pounds. "Have you eaten yet?" He asks flipping through the channels on the tv. "Yeah I did" Lie

Dante doesn't press me more, brushing it off. The more I eat the bigger I become. A few days without eating never hurt anyone? Plus I can stop at any moment.

Or I think I can.

We watch tv for a while before Dante says he has to go to the cells. I put my feet on the couch flipping through channels bored out of my fucking mind.

Lucky's pov

Dante comes into the room with a few guards. He undoes the chains, finally letting us free. Fuck it feels good to fianlly be able to move my wrist. "I have the house set up so I know when Marco is coming Athena is upstairs watching TV or some shit like that. These are my personal men on the floor I sent all of Marco's to the warehouse. Nothing will happen to you right now" He says handing up a bottle of water.

"This is probably a bad time to ask but can we have food like real fucking food I am starving." Leo says holding the empty bottle of water. Only this time I won't blame Leo and that's because we've been down here for 9 days with no food. "Guards are bringing it down right now. Don't eat it too fast you'll throw up and no one wants to clean throw up" Leo rolls his eyes sitting on the floor tracing the marking of where the handcuffs were.

Guards come down with big platters of food. Leo is the first one to start eating. They leave the door open so we can get proper air. I thank them. I thought I was starting to lose my sense of smell. There is a small room within the cell. From the bottom it looks pitch black in there. "Don't open the door. Marco gets an alert every time it's been open and it's not on the list to clean right now" Something is in there.

Something we aren't supposed to see

Maybe he's hiding someone in there

We all eat our stomachs, thank Dante for it. He brushes it off "How is Athena? Marco doesn't hurt her right? We'll besides that one time" Adriano says picking at the skin on his fingers. Dante sighs running his hands through his hair Adriano just nods sitting in the corner. I lost my hunger. I can't eat knowing that she's not okay.

I want to see her and hold her even if she doesn't know who I am. "You can call Santo, his number is on there and from what i've heard the boys are holding on day by day" Dante hands me his phone. I called Santo, waiting for him to answer it. "Dante, it's not a good time. Can I call you in like 20 minutes Luciano broken a whole tray of fucking plates" I shake my head letting out a deep breath.

"Santo put him on the phone"

"Holy shit dad! Are you okay? Wait what's going on?"

"Marco left Dante's here with us. We'll be home soon. You are doing an amazing job keep doing what you're doing"

"Thank you dad, I'll put Luciano on" I hear a little boy mumble. He has no idea it's me. "Luciano, what is this that you broke plates?" The other line goes silent

"Daddy it's you. When are you coming home?"

"Yes Luciano, it's me, I'll be home soon. I'm bringing mommy with me so it's going to take a little longer. Please behave and stop breaking things take it easy on your brother it's a lot going on right now"

"I'm sorry daddy i'll be better"

"Good now where's gio?"

"He's sleeping" Of course he is

"Alright put Santo back on"

I go over a few things with Santo and keep telling him that he's doing fine. He's getting in his head. I can tell just the way he's talking to me. "Thank you Dante" I tell him he smiles at me nodding.

"Um boss the code has been put in and it wasn't Marco's code. Someone else is down here" One of his guards ran in. They quickly hurry up and chain us again this time making sure we have room to move our hands. Dante keeps his gun in his hand ready to shoot.

Athena's pov

The doors to the cells were locked but I know Dante is down there. Marco isn't here; he is still in the warehouse going over shipments. Dante told me to go find him if I was bored so that's what I'm trying to do. I use his code to open the door instead of Marco's because I don't want Marco to know I was here.

It'd be off with my head

"Dante?" I say hearing my voice echo. I get no response. Everything is quiet, even the people who are being held down here. It's like a ghost town.  I go down the dimly lit hallway trying to find him. Only one cell is open with the lights on.

Who is in there?

Why is no one down here?

I walk to the cell getting ready to go in when I feel a pair of hands drag me out.

---------------

Hey guys

We're getting closer to the end

Q/A~ Are you ready for her to remember?

27 chapters left

Next double update will be June 1st

1267 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3