Chapter 7: Pitch Black

Athena's pov

Marco walked in his face angry, his knuckles bruised. He didn't even say anything to me, just walked past me. I finish making dinner and start to clean dishes. "Do you need help babes?" Arianna asks, sitting on the counter. "No, I'm done now. Thank you though" I smile at her putting them all on the drying rack.

"Athena" Marco yells from upstairs anger in his voice making me flinch. Arianna tries to stop me from going but he already saw me. I'll get in more trouble.

I'll get hit even more

My feet move as fast as they can going upstairs to our room. "Yes Marco" I say, closing the door as I go inside. He sits on the edge of the bed white powder on his nose with a bottle of vodka in his hand. "Come sit next to me" My body wants to crawl in a hole. Not in the dark though.

I hate the dark pitch black not being able to see any walls or anything. It's a never ending darkness and not a welcoming darkness. I was never scared of it before I actually liked it at a point until about a year and six months ago. Marco locked me in a pitch black room blindfolded. I don't know how many people were in there but I felt them ripping my clothes off.

They beat on me and touched me while I screamed for hours for them to stop. When Marco let me out he said I failed the test. He said I was supposed to fight them off but there were too many of them. He kept doing it time after time he stopped.

I can't be in pitch black

I feel like I'm dying in pitch black. I feel dead in pitch black. "You never fucking listen to me. You cause me to be a bad person" He finishes the rest of the bottle holding it still in his hand. "What did I do wrong? How can I fix it? You're not a bad person" I tried to convince him but it didn't work. The glass bottle slams against my head, the motions making me dizzy falling off the edge. He towers over my body, kicking my ribs and stomach constantly. I feel my shorts getting pulled off my body. "No Marco please stop" I plead he keeps going.

Tears stream down my face as he continues holding a tight grip on my neck stopping me from saying anything else. I feel My airway start to close up, my vision getting spotty. His grips start to pull away. I cough trying to catch my breath. Marco throws me my pants. I put them on feeling my body shaking. Marco smoothes out his shirt before making me stand up.

My head goes back feeling his fist hitting my face. Blood trickling down my nose the room is spinning. Then another one and another one. "You're going in the room" My heart starts to race knowing what room he's talking about.

No no no no no

I can't go back in there

No no no no no

"Marco please I'll be better" He picks me up holding my arms from hitting back. He goes downstairs walking towards the stairs to go to the cells. "Marco please" I cry out the blood coming out my nose soaking my shirt. He doesn't listen to me as if he's blocking me out.

Please this one time just listen to me

I'll be better. I'll do whatever he wants. I won't ask for anything anymore, just not in the room again. I can't do it. They'll do horrible things to me again. Screaming at the top of my lungs some of his guards blocking the cells that only work overnight look at me with pity. They weren't hired by Marco but Dante. I could tell from the look alone. "Marco please" I cry out feeling my throat close up.

He pins me to the wall and looks up at me with darkness in his eyes. No doubt in my head I'll have the marks of his fingers on my neck. "This time only one person will be there but trust me you'll get the lesson you deserve" He spits out holding my neck tightly while he walks to the room. Nothing but darkness and the light coming from the open door. Marco throws me on the floor. I cough trying to catch my breath seeing the door close.

The darkness I feel like it's eating me alive. Finding the strength in my body I stand up trying to find the door banging on the walls. "Marco he's going to fucking kill me" I hear the footsteps get closer and a deep laugh. "You're mine until I get the cue to stop" The voice grabs a fistful of my hair, throwing me on the floor. My clothes get ripped off my body. I feel so exposed.

"Please don't" He doesn't listen. My body feels frozen. I can't speak anymore, I can't move anymore. The beats that I'm getting to my face dont even hurt anymore. It feels like hours and hours that we've been in here. I close my eyes trying to dream the dream I always want to think of.

My eyes open. I see myself in a change of clothes laying on the bed me and Marco share. "Good you're awake, how are you feeling reginetta?" He comes out of the bathroom in only a pair of shorts. It hurts to sit up looking at the time it's already 10 am. My eyes widened and I tried to rush out of the room to make him his food. "Lay down my Reginetta" stops me from moving anymore. "But Marco, your food looks at the time" He kisses my forehead rubbing my arm.

"It's okay, I ordered our food. You have to lay down for a few days. Friday we have a meeting your brothers will be there" My body freezes hearing his words. My brothers are going to be there? The people who left me to die. After 2 years they are finally wanting to see me. "Don't worry if you wear a mask they won't know who you are. You just have to be there" He goes to the door bringing in a tray of food.

He sits on the bed handing me a plate of food that barely has anything on it. He always says I shouldn't eat too much to gain weight. He hates it when he sees me eating more than he recommends. I try not to but the temptations are too strong sometimes.

"Eat, we'll talk about what's going to happen in a few. They are writing the contract as we speak" He turns on the TV letting us sit watching it while eating. My stomach thanks the food going into my system. My body is sore from everything that happened yesterday. Marco's acting like it never happened. I'm not going to argue with him on it either.

Not when he can hit me again.

He places a kiss on my temples smiling at me. "How are you feeling?" He asks while I eat quietly, scared to say anything. "Just a bit sore but nothing that I can't handle" I see his face drop. Finishing the food I put it back on the tray he tells me he'll bring it downstairs to stay put.

Laying back down I stare at the ceiling thinking about the many outcomes of friday. How will they react to seeing me if they don't know it's me? Will they know it's me? I doubt it because Marco's going to want my face covered. It's my family though. Yes it's the one who didn't want me but they're still my family at the end of the day. Marco comes back to the room sitting next to me.

"On friday you will come with me and your brothers to a meeting. They have no idea it will be you because I will have you masked. You just have to be there not saying anything, you will not respond to anything they say unless you have permission too. It will be in 9 days at 9 PM night is the best time to do it. It will be the only time that is most secure." I nod thinking of every possible outcome.

Maybe they'll save me from this hell

---------------

Hey guys

Athena and Marco's backstory will be apart of the book those are going to hurt. Should I do a chapter with Dante's pov. Maybe people will like him then 

Q/A~ do you like plot twist?

1454 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3