Chapter 44: I felt Numb

Chapter 43 and 44 were released at the same time make sure you didn't skip one <3
————————————-

Athena's pov

I fix my hair going back downstairs. Dante met me there in the kitchen handing me a plate of fruit. I accept it just because it's fruit. Marco told me to go do shipments with Dante that he needed to stay home and handle things. He looked really tired so I didn't bother him.

"Let me know when you're done so we can go" He tells me I nod eating two more slices of watermelon before I tell him I'm ready. Dante opens the door for me letting me go inside first. He sits next to me putting the mask on the center counsel. He puts the divider up giving us more privacy. "How are you feeling?" He asks me putting his phone down, giving me his full attention.

I turn facing him, resting my head on the chair. "I mean nothing is adding up. When I went down there the one in the middle kept looking at me. He looked like he wanted to cry and I was the reason. I touched his hand and his eyes lit up. I felt my whole world stop. It was like it was only me and him there. In just a split second those icy blue eyes took over my heart. Last night I had another dream about him. This time we had three kids even Mia had kids. It was just I can't even explain it" I say Dante smiles at me.

"Nothing i'm about to tell you is going to make sense but Santo, Luciano and Giovanni can't wait to see you again" I look at him weirdly. Those names sound so familiar in my mind. My brain tries to break the key and chain tied around it. "What's wrong?" He asks me to take a deep breath while drinking from the bottle of water he hands me.

I run my hands through my hair trying to see if anything comes to mind. "No it's just those names they sounded do familiar but from where I don't know but i'm trying to know"

"It's alright one day at a time come let's go" He opens the door and I put on my mask stepping on the car. I walk next to him and everyone greets him giving me a smile. We go onto the docks watching the boat starting to pull in. "When the boat stops make sure you're behind me just in case of anything." He whispers to me I nod seeing the anchor dropping.

The guards stay armed watching the boat come to a stop. I stand behind Dante like he asked me too. I take my blade in my hand holding it just in case of anything. "Good afternoon Mr. Marino and his partner. In the shipping containers that your men are going through hold what you asked for. The money?" Dante looks at his men who approve of the containers.

"Everything is in there" He hands him a briefcase and the guy happily takes it. "I will see you at the meeting next week" Dante nods, grabbing my hand and walking away with me. Dante looks at his men telling them what to do. He opens the door for me letting me sit inside taking off my mask. Once he closes the door the driver starts driving back to the house but we find ourselves in a load of traffic.

The cars pile on the highway Dante asks what is going on. "There was a 5 car pile up. It should be clear within an hour. Hopefully we will be home by 1:30 in the afternoon." The driver says Dante huffs in annoyance putting the divider up. "Fucking bullshit" He says putting on the A/C.

"It's alright it gives you more time to relax"

"Arianna called me this morning. She said she'll be back when it's important but right now she's happy being free. It's not fucking fair I give her my everything. I gave her my everything all she keeps mentioning is freedom and to go back to my first love. She can't fucking see anythign she's blind. I pour my heart out to her and nothing. I wanted to marry her, I want her to have my kids, I want her all 24 hours of the day but she doesn't want that. Fuck my first love already has her happy ending. She has her kids and her husband. I'm more than happy for her. I went to her damn wedding. Do I love her? Yes of course I will always love her but Arianna. I love her way more than anyone in this green earth."