Bonus Chapter: Surprise

Athena's pov

Birthdays used to be one of my favorite things but over the past few years Ive gotten tired of it. School starts right before it so I'm usually busy helping the kids with homework or driving them to practice.

Lucky has been a great help but it's still a lot to do. As the kids get older it becomes a bit easier but I don't expect them to be completely independent.

Santo is 36

Luciano is 19

Giovanni is 16

The trips are 12.

I noticed Anna stopped eating less but I haven't said anything. I know what happened on her birthday stood in her head. I just don't want it to be so bad she hurts herself later on.

Too much has been on my mind. I didn't even remember it was my birthday until Lucky told me at midnight.

I feel old but young at the same time. I'm 40 and my youngest is 12. My oldest is 36 then again he is adopted but still it feels surreal.

Then again Santo made me a young grandmother. Rory and him couldn't have kids for a while. More they tried it just didn't work out for them. Then she got pregnant when she was 29.

They first had Giorgio who is 6, then she had Stelio who is 4, now she has Amelio who just turned 3. Rory said she wants to try for one more time. I fully supported it.

The kids make me feel young.

"Do you think she's awake?" I hear Luciano saying as I go downstairs. "I don't know when I went to check on her, she was still sleeping" Lucky tells him I stand in the kitchen door frame watching the cook.

They need to get their eyes checked for glasses. I don't know how they haven't seen me. "Nonna" Stelio says coming to my feet I pick him up resting him on my hip. "Hi my love how are you"

"Good, Happy birthday" I smile, pressing a kiss to his cheek. "Thank you Stelio." I sit on the chair in the island Lucky looks at me shaking his head.

"Bambina you're supposed to be sleeping" Lucky says as I srugh my shoulders rubbing Stelio's back. "I wasn't tired anymore. Plus I have to take Alessio and Achilles to practice"

"Mom, we can miss practice. It's one day and today's your birthday" Achilles says I brush them off. "It's just nothing important, it's another day in the year." Lucky rolls his eyes, giving me a plate of fruit with waffles.

"Happy birthday bambina" Lucky places a kiss on my lips and I smile at him.

"Thank you Amore"

I hear a loud thump from the stairs. We all get up seeing Giovanni on the floor rubbing his knee. "Fuck that hurt like a bitch" He groans standing up.

"Happy birthday ma" Giovanni limps his way to me, hugging me tightly. "Thank you Gio. Come sit I'll get you ice for your knee" He limps his way to the kitchen sitting next to Anna.

She's sleeping on the counter more like drooling. I hand him the ice and he thanks me. "Oh my god bitch you're getting so old" Mia yells coming inside.

"Thanks for the reminder Mia" I eat my food and she hands me a bottle of wine. "Did she take nightquil or something?" Adriano pokes at his sleeping niece.

"I don't know, she's been sleeping since she came downstairs," Luciano says while drinking coffee. He's addicted to it like Lucky. "Anna, Anna, Anna" Rico pokes her she doesn't budge

Lucky checks to see her breathing nodding that she is. Alessio drops one of the pots by accident apologizing. Anna jumps out of her sleep with wide eyes. She lets out a deep breath wiping the drool from knee face.