Chapter 48: Slept Longer

Chapter 48 and 49 were posted at the same time. Make sure you didn't skip one <3
——————————

Athena's pov

Marco's arm wraps around me tightly. I bite the bottom of my lip trying not to wince in pain. My arm is under his and my cut's are still fresh. I close my eyes, taking a deep breath trying to move my hand from under his. "Fuck" I whisper pulling my arm from under him. Some blood seeps through the bandage. I put my other hand on it so it won't get anywhere else. Going into the bathroom I take off the bandages running my arm under the water.

I changed the bandage and put on a stronger one. I wash my face trying to wake myself up more. Hopefully today is a lot more relaxed than other days. "Reginetta, where are you?" Marco yells half asleep from the room. I quickly rushed in there laying back down with him. "Sorry I just had to use the bathroom" he hums resting his head on my lap.

Running my hands through his hair I think of all the ways to go into his office without getting caught. If I get caught I am dead. There'd be no more Athena. Maybe that's not a bad thing. Sounds pretty good to me. Sometimes I wish I was dead. Life would be easier because I'd have none.

"Fuck I need to go to the warehouse can you clean my office for me?" Marco asks going into the bathroom. I don't respond right away feeling my head starting to hurt. "Um yeah that's fine i'll do it in a few my head starts to hurt" He comes back into the room fully dressed I run my hands through my hair hoping he'll let me sleep.

He doesn't say anything, he just leaves the room. That's my cue to get up and start cleaning. I close the curtains not wanting to have the sun in my face. I start to fix the bed when Marco comes back holding a bottle of pills and a cold glass of water. "Lay back down, you can start cleaning later. This is Naproxen. It will help with your headache. Take one because the dosage is high. The cold water will help you too. It may make you tired so you can sleep until you feel better. Call me when you wake up okay reginetta" I take the pill while drinking the cold water.

I lay back down Marco places a kiss on my forehead brushing the hair out my face. "I love you reginetta" I let out a yawn looking at him "I love you too Marco" I tell him he smiles shutting the light closing the door. I never tell anyone I love you too. Saying too feels like I am agreeing with them. I always say I love you or I love you more. I shouldn't stress about it, sleep is calling my name.

I wish I slept longer.

I slept for maybe 2 hours before waking up again. I couldn't sleep so I woke up and started cleaning. When I called Marco he asked how I was feeling. I told him I felt a lot better and appreciated him giving me the medicine. He kept the conversation short saying he was about to go into a meeting.

The chemicals mixed together aren't good for me and start to mess with my head but I already told him I was cleaning. I am not going to tell him I don't feel good again. He'll start to get false hope. He'll think it's the one thing I know it's not.

He's going to think that I am pregnant with his heir.

I am very far from that. Extremely far from it. It's kind of a relief that I am not. I know that it sounds wrong but Marco is a ticking time bomb. One wrong move and it's over. I can barely say things to him sometimes he gets too defensive.

Maybe in the future if Marco ever got the help he needed. I doubt that he would though he doesn't see anything wrong with him. Then again I cause a lot of problems. I have to learn to be quiet and just nod sometimes.

Going into his office I start by sweeping the floor so the surface dust can be out of the way. I go to his desk moving files cleaning under it. I wipe down his desktop seeing how much dirt is on it. It's disgusting how I can never clean their things.

The files on the table I put neatly in a pile seeing my name poke out in one. I take off my gloves, throwing them in the trash going to look through the file. Why would I be in the file? I never leave this fucking hosue anymore.

"What the fuck are you looking for?" Marco yells coming into the room. My heart stops. I threw the file down not wanting to look at him. "You answer me when I talk to you. What were you looking for?" He grabs my arm making me look at him. Fear crawls all along my skin and no words leave my mouth.

His hand collides with my face making me tumble back into the desk. My back hits the wood. I close my eyes trying not to show the hurt. He grabs me bringing me into our room slamming the door shut. He threw me on the floor kicking my side. I block my face letting his arms hit my arms.

"Im sorry im sorry im sorry" I repeat over and over to him but he doesn't listen. His eyes are black as he keeps hitting me. His rings colliding with my face I feel it swelling up. "You don't ever look through my shit. You're just going to see your brothers leaving you. The people who used to love you no longer do. No one loves you, only I love you. You're making me mad" He lifts me up with his hand on my neck pressing down stopping my breathing.

I try to remove his hands but he holds me up higher, his grip getting stronger. I can't breathe anymore. My vision is getting hazy. I feel my body shutting down. My eyes roll to the back of the head. I hear Marco calling me names in a faint voice. My body is being shaken by someone.

It gets lifted up and taken somewhere.

Is it time for me to finally die?

I sure do hope so. That's the last thought that I had before I slipped into the darkness.

Am I dead?

"Oh my god you're awake thank god" Marco says, turning on the light rushing to the side of the edge of the bed. My breath is faint but it's there sadly. "I am so sorry reginetta. I am so sorry" He sat me up holding me tightly. Yet another time he tried to kill me. I wish he would have been successful. Then I wouldn't have to be where I am right now.

I wouldn't be stuck in a cycle that happens over and over and over again.

"Lay with me reginetta don't worry i'll get better. We'll be a happy family soon"

No we won't we never would

---------------

Hey guys

Hmmm

Q/A~ how do you feel knowing Athenas going to remember ?

17 chapters left

Next triple Update tomorrow

1209 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3