Chapter 5: Trampolines

Lucky's pov

I feel a little body jump on my chest. I groan , opening my eyes seeing Luciano on me. "Aunt Mia is here" He smiles before running downstairs. Giovanni is still sleeping. I leave him there going into the bathroom rubbing my eyes.  I put on a pair of sweatpants with a white t-shirt and black trainers. "Gio come on wake up" He shou me away getting more comfortable.

Picking him up he rests his head on my shoulder holding onto me. I put on his blue crocs. It'll be easier for him to take on and off.  I take a small bag for both of them and put a change of clothes in case of anything. "Daddy?" Gio faintly says looking around.  "I told you I was going to take you to the trampoline park. You can still sleep, I'll wake you up when we get there" He nods, putting his head back on my shoulder, falling asleep.  

Going downstairs Mia is there with the boys looking in distress. "Alright let's go so you can tell me what the fuck is going on" She says I go into the Garage getting the keys to my range rover. "Daddy can I sit in the front?" Luci says sitting in the passenger's seat with a sheepish grin. I strap Giovanni in, shaking my head. "Nice try but no let's go" I take him out of the passenger's seat he groans rolling his eyes when I sit him in his  booster seat.

Starting the drive I lower the windows a little to get some fresh air. I need to breathe and get all these running thoughts out of my head. All the thoughts I have for my love. Knowing and seeing how bad she's been getting abused for two years.

Two fucking years

She's living in a jail cell. A prison she can't get out of. I will get out there soon. I need to come up with a plan but it has to be perfectly plotted one wrong thing and this whole plan could blow up in our faces. "Daddy when I'm older can I have your car?" Luci asks "Luciano you'll have your own cars by then" 

"Fine i'll just have a better car then you" He sticks his tongue out at me crossing his arms. I turn on the radio letting him sing along to the songs on it not caring for the hurt of my ears. Soon we got to a trampoline park. I take Giovanni out of the car holding him on my hip. Lucinao runs inside with Gabirele and Damiano you can tell who's excited. "Gio wake up bud were here" I rub his back he lifts his head yawning I rub his eyes for him. He looks around starting to become more awake.

Going to the front I purchase wristbands for them getting a table to sit at. "Alright we're going to be right here don't go anywhere that I can't see you, Luciano watch your brother and for the love of god don't hit anyone" He nods taking Gio's hand while Gabirele takes Vincent and Damiano takes Eremes. "Can you explain now?" Mia says as I nod my head.

"We all went today to see Dante. He was helping us figure out how to trigger something to set her memory off again. She really has no clue what happened and she woke up thinking she was 18 again. Today was different though. When I heard her voice it was the laid back Athena we all know. She sounded so scared like she was always walking on eggshells. Never have I ever seen her so hesitant about something. Then we were all pushed in a closet as we were leaving because Marco came home. She was in workout clothes and he flipped out. It was the worst thing you could ever see. He choked her and she looked like she was turning purple then he kept hitting her and hitting her the final blow was throwing her at the banister of the stairs. Bruises were left all over her body. Athena started doing drugs again Dantes words were each time they get stronger and stronger." I tell her while picking at the skin on my fingers seeing tears come to her eyes.

"What does she think we did? She has to know we wouldn't leave her to die" Mia shakily says "Mia he's brainwashed her into thinking everything he does is her fault. He put in her head that we left her to die and that we didn't care." Leo tells her while Enzo just stays quiet looking down at the table. Mia takes a deep breath holding her tears back.