Chapter 3: An Assassin

Athena's pov

I finish straightening my hair making sure it's pin straight. Marco made me dye it to jet black recently, not that I'm mad it actually looks good. "Reginetta you have your mask?" He asks to come inside the bathroom. I point to it on the other side of the counter turning off the straighter.

Looking at myself in the all black outfit the only thing that can be seen with the mask on is my eyes unless it's pulled off. Anyone who's gotten to pull my mask off is now dead. They can tell you the story from hell while they're there keeping my seat warm.

"Alright Reginetta Dante is going to go in the car you'll go on the bike Dante picked guards to follow along. Clean sweep alright" He pulls the mask up a bit placing a kiss on my lips. I return it looking him in the eyes "Clean sweep" He hands me my knives I add them to my sides making sure the safety on my gun is on.

I met Marco downstairs. He nods, giving me the cue to start driving. The sound of the motorcycle roaring to life brings adrenaline to my body making me feel alive. The wind hit me as I swerved through cars, many of them honking their horns when I went in front of them. "Devil we need you to be alive not under a car" Dante says on the ear piece I roll my eyes.

The restaurant is in sight whoever owns it is stupid enough to not have a strong parking system. Anyone can slip in through the parking lot and into the back. "Alright you go through the vents. I'll tell you who the target is. He has a flash drive that the person next to him knows how to crack. The person next to him is named Cain. He thinks we're working with him once he gets into the system you kill him." Dante tells me his men start to guard the Perimeter not letting anyone else inside.

I slip into the back seeing an open vent climbing through it. It's cleaner than what I thought it would be.

Lucky me.

Dante points to a brunette man sitting at the bar drinking a whiskey neat in a blue tailored suit. Cain is the one sitting next to him looking at Dante. I watch the whole scene play out waiting for my signal. The restaurant Is full of people that work with Dante and Marco; these all work closer with Dante though. Some I haven't seen before others I see all the time. "Go time" I whisper to myself breaking the vent landing on a table after seeing Dante signal.

The brunette looks at me with fear, loading his gun and pointing it at me. Wrong move buddy. I kick his hand and the gun falls on the other side of the room. He grabs my legs pulling me down from the table. I feel my skin cut on my cheek with the broken glass.

Now I'm mad

I watch as the brunette calls his men to come not to many only 5 everyone sit's looking. Dantes fucking men. Each one of them I manage to either shoot through or throw a blade at their neck. "Your not worth a bullet or blade" I grab the brunettes neck twisting it to face his back. His lifeless body falls on the floor Dante rolls his eyes. I search for the flash drive finding it inside his suit pocket.

Idiot

"You have ten minutes" I warned him by putting a gun next to the laptop. He gulps starting to work. "You can take off the mask everyone here knows who you are" Dante tells me pouring two glasses of bourbon. I roll it up, taking it off my face, finally being able to breath. "I'll tell Arianna to have the doctor come look at the cut on your cheek" He places one of the glasses in front of me. I drink small sips of it kicking my feet up.

"It doesn't even hurt"

"Yeah because every time we go on a mission you're shot up on adrenaline. I give it about 2 hours it'll wear off and you'll be happy I took you to the doctor" I roll my eyes Cain calls us over. I look at the cracked files smiling to myself.