Chapter 26: The 1975

Athena's pov

The sound of medicine by the 1975 plays as we sway our bodies to the beat. "I'm so happy I married you" his icy blue eyes look into mine. "I'm glad I married you too. I have never been happier" I press a kiss on his soft lips resting my head on his shoulder.

He holds me close to him telling me how much he loves me. I couldn't be happier. Finally I got married to my love. Everyone knows I am his and he is mine. We can continue to grow our family now with me having his late name.

Everything is perfect, nothing could take away my happiness right now.

The song ends and people join us on the dance floor. He holds me tightly, pressing a sweet kiss on my lips. "Any regrets yet?" He asks me, I smile at him shaking my head no "Never any with you. It'll always be us forever and always in this life and the next"

I see his face soften but it's with a sad expression. "What's wrong?"

"Athena baby I need you to wake up" He says I look at him weirdly "Athena wake up" But I am awake?

"Athena" A loud voice says I jump up seeing I'm sleeping on the couch in the living room. Great so it was a dream. "You've been sleeping forever" Arianna says, turning on the tv.

I groan sitting up rubbing my eyes. "Fuck off I had the best dream. We were married and our wedding song was Medicine By 1975 we had two kids but right now it was our first dance.

I told him I was happy and his icy blue eyes looked back at me. Those fucking eyes that I wish were real" Arianna drops the remote.

Dante's face turns pale

What the hell? It's a dream, dreams aren't real. No matter how hard you wish on a star it's like they never listen. "Athena I need you to tell me all the other dreams you have like this" Dante says sitting down

"I have one almost every night. It'll be different if I can be at the beach one day or the next day be in Hawaii. One of my favorites is at a club. I think it was in Milian maybe it was named the pyramid. Literally the definition of a dream man. We danced the whole night. He made my heart race and smile so much. It's like everytime I close my eyes I dream of him and this imaginary life we've built."

Just as Dante is about to say something the door slams shut. I stay quiet in my seat feeling the tension in the room rise. "Um the food is done, why don't we all go and eat" We all go into the dining room seeing the food set on the table. Marco sits at the head on the table holding my hand. "Athena we'll talk after dinner" Is all he says I nod eating the small portion on my plate.

I wash the dishes drying my hands going upstairs. Marco lays on the bed waiting for me. I sat next to him. He grabs my face and kisses me roughly. "I missed you I wish you came to the warehouse today"

"I'll go with you tomorrow"

"I wanted to talk to you because I want to move. Move out of this house, move out of Sicily. We need a new start we can fly back in when we need to but what if we move to Romeo or Milian. It could be what we need and we can start our family. Have all of our sons imagine it. Me and you starting our family it's amazing"

"Marco everything we know is in Sicily our own place yeah it'd be amazing but leave Sicily completely I don't know."

"Think about it, reginetta we don't have to move right away but I see it happening in our future." He smiles holding me closer to him.

How could I leave sicily?

Everything is here, Dante, Arianna, My parents' graves. Even my family. What if one day we were all on good terms? I couldn't just leave them there still my family. Memories in my head start to pop up of all of us and a smile comes to my face.

Flashback

10 years ago

"Sandro put me down" I yell hitting his back. You'd think with 14 years of experience I'd be used to this by now but no. "Sandro you can throw her in the water after people start coming" Adriano tells him he rolls his eyes.

Adriano didn't make a big deal out of his 15th birthday. He told us as long as Mia was there he didn't care what we did. We threw him a pool party so he could still have something. "Im here" Mia walks through the door with Leo and Enzo.

Adri has the biggest smile on his face hugging her tightly. She places a kiss on his cheek and he turns a deep red.

"Alright people are here you can go in the pool now" Sandro throws me over his shoulder before I can protest we're already deep in the water. Swimming up to the top he laughs. I groan, flipping him off. Great, I didn't plan on getting in the pool till later.

"Come on change your face" sandro nudges my shoulder

"Shut the fuck up"

"You know we would never hurt you"

"Yeah I know I know"

"You better fucking know that come on now let's go throw enzo in the pool"

End of flashback

Marco places a kiss on my temples rubbing my back. He watches tv while telling me all the different things he sees in our future. "Our first son would definitely be named after my dad. Natale is the perfect name. When you get pregnant you're going to have the cutest baby bump. I'll be here for it all the moment my son comes out of you. I want to be the first to hold him." I just simply smile at him not wanting to get hit again.

"Marco, what happens if we have a girl first?" He looks at me taking a deep breath. "We'd give her to Dante and Arianna to raise. I don't want to deal with girls. They are too messy and are weak. I need my empire to be strong not to fall because of period cramps.

I nod faking yawning. He tells me to sleep. I bury my head in the pillow thinking of me and Marco's story.

All stories have a starting but I wonder what's our ending? Not all happy beginnings have a happy ending.

Was ours ever a happy beginning?

---------------

Hey guys

The next few chapters are flash backs

Q/A~ do you have a favorite character?

1162 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3