Chapter 62:His Mother's Son

A/N- Chapter 62 and 63 came out the same time. Make sure you didn't skip one
————————

Lucky's pov

I finish tying Luciano's cleats; he never takes his eyes off the field. He loves it as much as Gabriele does. "Come on Luci the games about to start" Gabriele tells him taking Luciano out of his trance. They run onto the field with Damino getting ready.

Athena sit's with Gio on her lap getting ready to see her 2nd oldest play. "I'm so tired I could sleep under a tree" Santo says while drinking a large coffee. "So go home and sleep you look tired" Athena tells him he shakes his head no. He hasn't slept in over 36 hours.

"Santo I wasn't asking you go home and sleep"

"Fine" He groans, leaving to finally get the sleep he needs. Athena watches her son and nephew's playing the sport they love with a small smile. "I wish I was here for more of it" She tells me resting her head on my shoulder.

I know she feels guilty about the last two years but it was not her fault. It will never be her fault. I would never yell or get angry at her for something she had no control over. "Ena babe it was not your fault. They are still young, they have a lifetime to go and you'll see them grow. Don't be upset at something you had no control over" She doesn't say anything but just moves closer to me.

The other team calls mercy halfway through the game. Luciano, Damiano and Gabriele came to us very excited because they just won their game and they all scored a goal. "Daddy, did you see my goal?!" Luciano asks me while I untie his cleats. "Yeah bud you did amazing" He happily smiles wiping the sweat off his forehead.

Giovanni looks nervous as his coach calls him over.

He started playing with Federico, Vincent and Eremes about two and a half weeks ago. Today is their first game and he's been nervous the whole morning. The game starts and the ball gets passed to Vincent he passes the ball to Rico who runs giving it to another player.

Luciano watches his brother play while drinking his water. "Uncle Lucky, do you think I'll be big one day?" Gabirele asks "Like in soccer? Of course you will be your not my nephew for nothing. When everyone is screaming your name in the stadium I hope you remember me" I mess with his hair he laughs nodding his head.

"Of course i'll remember you, you'll always be my favorite uncle"

We watch the game when the ball gets passed to Giovanni he tries to pass it but his cleats come untied and he tripped on the loose laces. He stands up with tears in his eyes walking over to Athena. Her eyes soften when he starts to cry saying he failed.

"Your Alright Giovanni. Sometimes you have to fail to get better. Don't give up because giving up means you quit and I don't think you're a quitter" Athena tells him bending down to his height he wipes his face shaking his head no. "Come on we'll get you some water then you can go back out if you want. You don't have to" Athena sits him down giving him water.

He calms down while drinking it, his face turning less red. Federico goes over telling him something that makes them both laugh. When Gio finishes he gives Athena the water bottle hugging her tightly before going back out on the field. She walks over to me resting her head on my shoulder. I place a kiss on her temples wrapping my arm around her side. "You are an amazing mother" I tell her, seeing her smile brightly. "Just trying to catch up to how good of a father you are" I don't say anything but disagree in my head.

Athena is the best mother anyone who disagrees is lying. They know they are lying too. "Daddy can I have two dollars?" Luciano says tapping my ribs. "Why do you need two dollars?" I ask him and he points to the ice cream truck. I shake my head taking his hand going over with him. He orders a chocolate ice cream with chocolate sprinkles. I got one for Giovanni too that being Cookies N Cream. He'll eat that all day everyday if he could.

The other kids ask if they can have one and I tell them of course. Who am I to deny sweets to my nephews? Plus it wouldn't be fair if only Luciano and Giovanni got one. Once they all have their ice cream I pay the lady giving her the rest in tip.

Going back to the field there is only a minute left in the game and the score is still 0-0. Gio managed to steal the ball running down the field. He kicks it, making it in at the last second. His team gets happy huddling around him. The coach congratulates them telling them they did a good job.

Gio, Federico, Vincent and Eremes come over to us and we tell them they did a great job. "Mommy, did you see the goal I made? I did it!" He happily says jumping up and down. "You did amazing my love" She smiles at him. I handed him his ice cream. He looks at it before looking across the field.

"Can I go do something?" He asks, I raise my eyebrow but he leaves either way. Me and Athena watch as he goes to where the little boy he stole the ball from to make the goal is. Gio talks to him, making the boy's frown turn into a smile.

Gio hands him the ice cream giving him a hug leaving the boy with a happy smile on his face. He comes back to us as if nothing happened. "I'm sorry I gave away the Ice cream you brought me daddy but it looked like he needed it more than I did." His mother's son.

"It's okay Gio what you did was a really nice thing. I'm proud of you" I untied his cleats and put them in his bag. He puts on his slides jumping down from the bench. He goes to Athena's side and she picks him up and he places a kiss on her cheek.

The biggest mama's boy ever

She puts him in his car seat giving him her phone so he can be entertained. Luciano sit's inside the car playing with the radio. I go inside giving him his ipad so he can stop touching things. My hand goes on Athena's thigh as we start the drive home.

She plays the 1975 tracing the tattoos on my fingers. "I want to talk to you about something later" She says my heart starts to race and I feel my hands starting to get nervous. "Amore It's nothing bad I think you'll love it" She places a kiss on my cheek.

When we get home I carry a sleeping Luciano while she carries a sleeping Giovanni. I tell Luciano to take a shower but he can barely open his eyes. I put the bath on letting the tub fill up before putting him in. I throw water on his body taking all the dirt off of him.

He barely moves when I wash him. Soccer burnt out all his energy. I wrap him in his towel drying his body putting a pair of basketball shorts and a white tank top on him. Once he hits the pillow he starts to snore. I shake my head turning on the ac for him. I close his door seeing Athena leaving Gio's a little open.

We both go into the room changing. She puts on one of my shirts lying down. I lay next to her running my hands through her hair. "What's wrong Bambina?" I ask her hoping it's nothing bad.

"So I have been taking it into thought about what Gio's been saying and I think we should have another baby"

"We don't have to, it's whatever you want. It's always been whatever you wanted"

"I think we should try for another baby. Maybe not now but in a few months"

"Whenever your ready we'll try for another baby"

"Are you ready to deal with sleepless nights again?" She laughs but I just smile

"Those are the best ones because no matter how tired I am, I get to hold our baby while watching them sleep. Are you ready to push out another kid?"

"It's painful but it's worth it seeing the smile on your face."

"Were going to have another baby? It's all up to you Athena. Don't do something you don't want to do"

"Were going to have another baby Lucky"
-------------

Hey guys

They might have another baby oh my god

Q/A~Name suggestions ?

3 chapters left

Next update June 17th

1575 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3