Chapter 63: 28 Years Ago

A/N- Chapter 62 and 63 came out the same time. Make sure you didn't skip one
————————
Athena's pov

Today is September 19th and today 28 years ago I was born. If you would have asked me a year ago if I thought I'd be alive I'd say no. I thought I would have been dead. It would have been because of myself. Right now I am alive because of Lucky and my family.

I haven't seen my brothers since I came home a month ago. They told me to take as much time as I needed to. I appreciate them giving me the space that I need. I do miss them though. They all call me everyday just to make sure I'm alright. The people I've seen the most besides Lucky and my kids are Enzo and Bianca just because they keep making sure everything is alright.

They slowly stopped coming too just because Rory is here and she said that she is willing to take care of me. She has been making sure my releases aren't too strong and if they are she knows how to control them. I'm grateful for her because without her I'd probably be stuck in a hospital.

"Happy birthday Bambina '' Lucky says coming out from the bathroom with a smile on his face. I sit up smiling at him. He sits next to me placing a sweet kiss on my lips. I wrap my arms around his neck wanting to feel him closer to me. We haven't done anything besides make out. He says he doesn't want to take it too fast.

He wants me to be ready with myself

He pulls away from me. I bury my head in the crook of his neck. "Thank you Amor" I mumble as he holds me closer to him, laying us back down. I feel safe in his arms. I haven't felt this safe in 2 years. Hell two years ago I only got 2 happy birthdays, one from Dante and one from Arianna.

"I love you Bambina"

"I love you more Amore"

The door slams open Giovanni and Lucino runs in jumping on the bed. "Happy Birthday Mommy" They both say looking up at me. "Thank you guys" They both hugged me. Gio squeezes his way in between me and Lucky to stay at my side. Lucky looks at him in disbelief before looking back at me.

"Giovanni, you know she's my wife right? I'm trying to be with her right now so can I be with my wife?" Lucky says Giovanni huffs shaking his head no. "Just like she's your wife she is my mommy and I want to be with her right now" Lucky groans looking at the three year old who challenges him.

I laugh at them shaking my head. "Santo said to wake you up," Luciano says, trying to open Lucky's phone. "Luciano, we'll go downstairs right now. Take Giovanni with you" He jumps off the bed but Gio stays at my side. I rub his back telling Gio to go downstairs. He listens , closing the door on his way out. I dig myself into Lucky's side, his arms going around me holding me tightly.

"Alright now we actually have to get up before you have angry children attacking you" I laugh. Lucky picks me up and brings me into the bathroom. I put my hair back, throw water on my face, and brush my teeth. I feel a pair of hands snake around my waist and a smile comes to my face. I stand up my back on Lucky's chest as he buries his head in the crook of my neck. I place a kiss on his knuckles feeling him smile.

We go downstairs into the kitchen seeing Rory cooking while Santo washes dishes and the little ones draw something on the table. "Hi mommy, happy birthday," Luciano says, giving me a hug. I hug him one back and he hands me a card saying it's a picture of me and him. "Thank you my love" He smiles. Rory gives him a plate of waffles he sprays way too much whipped cream eating.

"Happy birthday mommy look I made you a picture" Gio says when I sit down at the table. "Awe tell me who is who" I look at it, seeing a lot of different people on it.

"That's Rory and Santo in the water. This is daddy and Luci making a castle and this is me, you, and baby sister"

"Gio you don't have a sister"