Chapter 19: You Fell

Athena's pov

I wake up with a pounding headache looking around the room seeing the curtains shut thankfully blocking out the sun. Looking to my side I see Marco awake on his phone texting someone. "Reginetta you're awake I'm so glad. How are you feeling?" He says putting his phone down gives him his attention. The memories from yesterday come in my head.

He threw me down the stairs

"Marco you threw me down the stairs" His eyes flare up with anger for a second before they calm down. "I didn't throw you down the stairs, you bumped into the glass vase breaking it then you fell down the stairs." No I didn't, I know I didn't fall. He had his hand tightly around my throat after he slammed the glass over my head.

"You fell Athena"

Marco makes me look him in the eyes. I feel my well up with tears. If I don't agree with him then he'll do it again or maybe worse. "I must have fell and hit my head hard, I'm sorry for not believing you" I tell him, feeling a tear come out of my eye. He smiles, wiping it away, and placing a kiss on my lips. "The doctors said to take this medicine for two weeks and you can't do any hard work. To relax most of the time. I hired a chef to cook for us and a maid to clean around the house while you rest for two weeks. Once you feel better, we're going on a mission. I'm going to go get your food" He walks out of the room leaving me alone.

It hurts to sit up but I manage to let out a deep breath. Marco comes back and hands me a plate of food. I smile through the pain eating it slowly.

Putting on a fake smile is getting easier and easier

2 weeks later

I finish straightening my hair unplugging the straightner from the wall. Marco stands behind me running his hands through my hair. "I love your straight hair." He places a kiss on my cheek holding my waist. He's the only reason that I have it straightened right now. Usually I just go back and forth from curly to straight but he insists for it to be straight.

"Tonight is going to go great. I already know you're going to do the best job. Put on your mask were about to leave" Marco tells me, taking his hands off my hips. I take my mask, putting it on but not pulling it all the way down. Marco holds his hand out for me. I accept it going downstairs.

Arianna is on this mission too Marco tried to fight Dante on it but Dante wouldn't budge. She came back from Milian just to do this mission. She leaves again right after the mission. Going into the car it's only me and Marco. He places his hand on my thigh pulling out of the estate.

Neither of us talk on the drive there. Once we pulled up to the warehouse I put my mask on nodding at Marco. It's going to be easy. Many men start shooting at our cars. I prepare things at my own pace. Marco on the other hand jumps out the car shooting at people. He has no chill and rushes things.

Getting out of the car I threw my blades hitting 4 men. Running to the other side of the warehouse I see Dante following behind me holding his gun in his hand. "The blind spot is on the roof" He tells me I nod climbing up to it. There's no one on here , no security.

I see Arianna in the car setting up aiming her guns shooting 3 people in the head.

The mission goes on for hours and most of the people are gone. We're just looking for the head with the money. "Guys I found something" Arianna yells from upstairs we all go seeing the stacks of cash hidden in the walls. Marco gets happy putting it all in a duffel bag. I feel a sharp pain in my side seeing blood soak my shirt.

The mother fucker stabbed me

A gunshot goes off and his body falls next to mine as I clench my side. "Hey hey hey stay with me reginetta were going to the hospital. You're going to be alright" Marco takes off my mask and tears run down my face. "Fuck Marco it hurts" I cry out holding onto him tightly.

He lays me in the backseat speeding off as everyone else follows. My shirt is completely soaked, my head is spinning and I feel dizzy. "Were almost there reginetta. Come on, talk to me about the beach. Tell me how much you love it" Marco holds my hand A small smile comes to my face.

Right now I feel like I'm 16 and we just started dating. Right now he;s the Marco I feel in love with, not the abusive one, the one who would never hurt me. "I like the ocean" I croak out and he grips my hand tighter. "What about the ocean?"

"I like how it's peaceful but also deadly" Marco stops the car in front of the hospital we always go to. He lifts me up running inside. "Help her please" He pleads I get put on a gurney still holding onto Marco. I feel them put a mask on my face, probably oxygen. My head spins in 30 different circles. My eyes start to close and my body goes limps.

I feel a cool towel getting pressed on my head and I force my eyes open. "Hey hey hey you're alright reginetta." Marco says, laying my back down. "What happened?" I take a deep breath and he hands me water. I drink it while feeling my body become more calm. He pressed a kiss on my cheek in a soothing way.

"You got stabbed on the left side of your stomach. The surgeon said it wasn't fatal but you lost a lot of blood. I was so scared. I can't lose you reginetta. You've been out for three days. The doctors said you'll be sore for a while. Don't worry, I'll be with you until you feel better. I already told Dante I'll be working from home until you're 100 percent again. I'm so happy you're okay. I was so scared Athena"

He never says my name. Not unless he's being serious. I see the sincerity in his eyes. I hold his hand squeezing it. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you Marco. Lay with me?" I move over and he lays next to me holding me. Right now is the safest I've felt in his arms in a long time.

He's the person I fell in love with all those years ago. I hope this version of him is here to stay. 

---------------

Hey guys

Hmmmmm Idk man Marco is something else 

Q/A~ Do you think I should kill Athena off ?

1154 Words

Don't forget to follow the Characters Instagram <3

Athenaxmorelli

Santomorelli_

Luckymorelli

Until we meet again <3

-Yaniris0919 <3